Author Topic: THE FAQ Sticky - Gallery? Auctions? Help? Look here first!  (Read 39174 times)

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
THE FAQ Sticky - Gallery? Auctions? Help? Look here first!
« on: October 21, 2008, 01:59:22 PM »
The Official Florida Arcade Collectors Frequently Asked Questions Post!

Website

First off, there is in fact more than just a forum. Yes, it's true there is a feature packed Florida Arcade Collectors Website! In it you'll find all sorts of information including links to local parts suppliers and repair techs, links to local arcades and tons of information on Arcade Auctions past and present.

Auctions

Schedule: You can find the schedule of upcoming Arcade/Pinball auctions at the Auctions Schedule Page

Auction Guide: Want to know about auctions? What they are, how they work.. what to expect or bring? Read the Auctions Buying Guide for more information!

Auction Prices and Results: Missed an auction, want to know what prices were like? Just wondering what games sell for? Look no further than our comprehensive Auction Results Page.

Frequent Topics

I just saw King of Kong ... and boy that Billy Mitchell is a real jerk! Probably! But no need to start a new thread, simply join our Official Billy Mitchell/King of Kong Thread Here!

Posting Pictures

You are more than welcome to attach a picture if for whatever reason you think it's needed. However if you are looking to attach a BUNCH of pictures, lets see if it wouldn't be better posted in the Gallery first! We have galleries setup for Arcade Parties, Home Game Room / Collections, etc. So if you'd like to post something along those lines please PM me (number six) and i'll get you hooked up. Of course if you are simply linking to offsite pictures (ie you are hosting the pics) then feel free to go nuts.

Accessing and using the Florida Arcade Collector Gallery

We have a Gallery setup for our members to share pictures of their collections as well as for pics from auctions, gatherings and other events. You can access to the Gallery from the main menu (at the top of the screen - click 'Media'). Viewing the Gallery is pretty self explanatory.

If you would like to have your OWN Gallery, please drop number six a personal message with your request and one will be setup for you.

If you would like to LINK to one of your gallery pictures in a post, that's very easy. Just select the 'detail' view on the picture you want to link to and copy the SMG tag information. You can then post that SMG tag in any message and it will replace it with the desired picture.

Uploading Pics to the Gallery - Once your Gallery is setup you can start adding photos. You can either add one photo at a time, or you can use the 'mass upload' button to upload many at once. This should all be self explanatory. The only real catch is make sure your browser's security levels allow you to run scripts. There are however, a few rules we do ask you respect:

1 - Please keep your pictures to a reasonable size. I know you probably have a 12MP camera, but we don't need a bunch of your 6mb pictures for the Gallery. Please reduce the size of your pictures to 1mb per picture or smaller before uploading. Image dimensions aren't important. If you are running Windows there are several plugins that will allow you to resize pictures easily from a right-click menu such as the IMAGE RESIZER (Click Here) from Microsoft.

2 - Please keep your pictures on topic. Please do not use your gallery to host pictures of that Alf alarm clock your selling on Craig's List. There are plenty of services available for that, we just want your arcade related photos.

3 - If you are granted a gallery please upload at least one picture ASAP. We don't want to clutter the site with empty galleries, so failure to use your gallery in a timely fashion might end in your losing it.

4 - Due to hacker problems posting/upload/owning a Gallery is restricted to members who have reached 'Level 2' status or higher. That means you have posted at least 50 messages. If you have been a member for a period of time and are having a problem reaching that (ie you are shy) PM an admin and we'll see about an exception.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 02:20:41 PM by number six »

Offline micksimmonds

• FREEPLAY FLORIDA 2016 - Bigger, Better ;-)
Re: THE FAQ Sticky - Auctions? Help? Look here first!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 02:03:56 PM »
nice work Jack, and also a sticky for King of Kong  :P

Hopefully will help anyone new to the whole Auction thing, to get some much needed info and pointers prior to attending the auction, look forward to seeing everyone for the final Auction of the year.... or worse  >:(
FREEPLAY FLORIDA
Check out http://www.freeplayflorida.com and on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/freeplayflorida

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 02:15:52 PM »
We should also have a Sticky for boobies.  Just saying...

Offline brewmeister_us

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 03:23:59 PM »
How about a sticky for pins on location?

???

Putting the "fun" in dysfunction every day...

Offline micksimmonds

• FREEPLAY FLORIDA 2016 - Bigger, Better ;-)
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 03:29:31 PM »
A sticky for where everyone is located would be another good one, the list goes on and on  :P
FREEPLAY FLORIDA
Check out http://www.freeplayflorida.com and on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/freeplayflorida

Offline BudLeiser

• Level 1: Arrival
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 08:44:39 PM »
A sticky for where everyone is located would be another good one, the list goes on and on  :P

I use to run my own forums, modified the code in phpbb to have user entered fields under their name. Included lists of games they played, state, city, etc. Then setup search fields on main page so users could easily search inside said fields. Not sure if you can do it on simple machines software though.

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 05:17:43 PM »
How about a sticky for pins on location?

???

OK, I decided to add this POL report here, for lack of a better place or individual sticky... so I don't have to keep posting it every time someone is looking for some Orlando area pins on location.

I put together a list with some comments (below).  That will at least give you some places to check out, but will have to google for locations and addresses.  Last update was about a year ago, so some were deleted and some games may have changed.  (#1 was Curly @  www.littleshopofgames.com , but he's more in Leesburg/ Lady Lake area, about 45 minutes NW or Orlando).

This should at least help you out, I updated a few things as I recall reading posts about recently, but I'd recommend to call a location to confirm their exact location and current game lineup, as they change quickly.

Pins on Location in Orlando

2) DISNEY property:  Disney arcade at exit of Space Mountain, Magic Kingdom.
OK, I stumbled across this the other week while in the park, most excitement I had all day! This is a great arcade, but of course the downside is you have to pay close to $80 to get into the park! Sad   BUT...if you're already there anyway definitely stop by to check it out.  They had 5-6 Stern pins: Star Wars Episode one, Frankenstein, Elvis, Pirates of the Caribbean, Roller Coaster, and I think Revenge From Mars.  These were all working great, no problems, and lots of fun.  I really liked the Frankenstein, as well as Star Wars that had a cool video monitor built in, and the Elvis.  Great arcade had a ton of the other standard arcade games, i.e. driving games, Capcom, etc..  Highly recommended for a break if you're in the Magic Kingdom.

AS OF January 2011, as per GeorgeB:
<<Pins on site:

Star Wars, Ep 1 (On)
Revenge from Mars (On)
Pirates of the Caribbean (Off)
Rollercoaster Tycoon (On)
Frankenstein (On)
Elvis (On)
Indiana Jones (Stern - Off)

There was also an original Ms Pac, a Donkey Kong Jr combo of some sort in a DK Jr cab, Robotron combination cabaret, and a few more.>>

The Contemporary has 4 pins: Elvis, World Poker Tour, POTC, and Nascar ...no big deal, but it's free to get in, but something like $1.00 a game on their stupid credit card swipe system.

From a fellow RGPer a while back:

<<
That's a very nice Resort ( Riverside ) if you have never been there.
I stayed there 7 X . Here's what should be there : POTC , SWE1, RBION
& RCT - which is beat to shit. Right next door is French Quarter
( they are both technically combined resorts now ). They had a WPT at
French Quarter and may have added another machine as of late, as I
think somebody else mentioned it.

Space Mountain : Elvis, RFM, POTC, SWE1 Frankenstein & RCT.
Contemporary : Elvis, NASCAR, POTC & WPT.
Saratoga Springs : LOTR
Coranado  Springs : Beat up RBION and or RCT
Wilderness Lodge : Really beat up RCT
Polynesian : ROTC & either LOTR or WPT

Just about all resorts have pins in the fore mentioned titles. It is
pretty consistent. I don't know of any other titles available in
Disney but those. MGM has some pins in one of the restaurants. Disney
Quest should have a couple. The best pin in Disney the last time I was
there was the LOTR at Saratoga by far. I'm hopeful that maybe they
have added something new since then. Hopefully some Shreks. Doubtful
you will find a FGY or anything newer. >>

Of course, go to downtown Disney and check out Disney Quest (across
from Cirque e Soleil and House Of Blues.  It may be pricey admission
around $40 or so, but rumored to have a ton (maybe 150?) games, new
and old, including a bunch of classic 80's vids.  Also I think they
have an Ultrapin.

2a) And...Don't forget the Hyatt Grand Cypress down off SR 536 and one block past Hotel Plaza Blvd. has LOTR and TSPP, as well as about a dozen other arcade games.  The gameroom is located down near the pool, need to navigate around the Batcave scenery (seriously), so call and/ or ask the front desk where it is or you'll never find it.

International Drive area:

3) Fun Spot (I-Drive, just north of Kirkman Road)
This place is also great, has the outdoor go-karts, bumper cars, and a few other carnival rides.  The indoor arcade has 2 levels. with 2 pins on the 1st floor: Pirates of the Caribbean & Nascar.  Both of these games have been there a while and work 100% but both have a bit of wear and look like they've been neglected in the polishing/ upkeep department, pretty dirty inside both of them.  But that doesn't affect play, just visual.  Upstairs you can pay $5 for unlimited free arcade games, old school games like Galaga, Ms. Pac Man, Quix, Space Invaders, had a Batman arcade game, the Capcom games, and a bunch of other things.  Downstairs also had  a bunch of other things besides the pins, a Star Wars arcade game, some of those dancing games you step on the blocks to the music beats, etc.  A great place for the whole family, tons to do here, highly recommended.

4) While you're at Fun Spot, go north on I-drive 1 more block to Municipal Dr. and turn right, a bar called CHEERS is on the left hand side.  Sports ball on the smaller side, but they have (as of 9/20/08) the new Stern Batman Dark Knight pin with the current software upgrade to version 2.2.  They also have a few giant screen TV's for sporting events, a Golden Tee video, and 1/2 dozen dart board games.

5) Rosen Shingle Creek (on Universal Blvd., by new convention center addition and Hwy 528) have Spiderman & POTC, both are like brand new, have 1/2 dozen other games in their nice gameroom, but have to pay for parking $7 unless after hours and the gates are up

6) Rosen Plaza (or maybe Rosen Center?) hotel is reported to have a small game room with a few pins, I think it was T3 and TSPP

7) I checked out the old Sheraton, which is now called:

International Plaza Resort & Spa (on Westwood Blvd. & I- Dr., just north of Sea World)
From I- drive, turn onto Westwood (West) and take your very first left into the parking area (before the main entrance). If you enter between building 15 & 16 and head straight you'll go about 100 feet and go right into the arcade room, stand alone building.  This will avoid you having to hike a mile through the hotel like me and keep asking staff who have no idea where the game room is!
Anyway, they currently have 2 pins: Shrek and TSPP (they HAD Batman Forever and Monopoly, both are now gone), as well as about a dozen other games, a few driving games, an air hockey, and a few other stand up arcade games.

*As of Nov. 2010 this arcade was CLOSED, room now empty, or maybe an excercise room.  They gated off the property anyway to FORCE you to pay for parking, but I got around that anyway, just to discover the arcade is gone.  It's possible they relocated it to somewhere else inside the hotel I suppose, but have no info if they did.

Cool The Orlando Metropolitan Resort (not sure if this is current hotel name anymore, but it's in an alcove across form the Boston Lobster Feast, on a U shaped street) on I-Drive (south of Sand Lake Rd.) had a Circus Voltaire, but balls kept getting stuck and some of the toys weren't all working.  This was now a LOTR as of a few months ago, but of course the balrog wasn't working/ opening, there may have been some other issues (weak flipper?), as I recall only playing maybe 2 games on it and recall not being able to enjoy it.

9) Oops forgot to add that the Checkers across the street from Super McDonalds (Sand Lake & I-Drive) had a Harley Davidson pin, and I think one other pin and a few stand up arcade games last time I was there about 6 months ago.  Only problem was the ball kept getting stuck in the Harley pin, ultimately I couldn't get it unstuck and that was the end of THAT playing experience.  Hopefully it's corrected by now.>>

10) Wyndham Resort Orlando (corner of I-Dr. and Sand Lake has a small game room, 2 pins I think are TSPP and Family Guy.

Orlando Airport:

11) Orlando Airport: - CLOSED
It's been reported they have a gameroom there, I think 4 pins including: Shrek, Spiderman, IJ4, and something else (probably TSPP or Family Guy)

As of Jan 2011: now re-opened as Billy Mitchell's arcade?- have an Avatar and 1/2 dozen video games

Downtown Orlando area:

11a)  The Hideaway - local bar just north of downtown, near intersection of Virginia and Mills (17-92), on Virginia? about 1/2 block west of 17-92 (look up address to confirm, not sure on street!)- as of 6 months ago had a Theatre of Magic and South Park, both played very nice, put on location by a local collector so games were very nice...but a bit smokey as the night went on

12) Rocky's Replay- CLOSED/ moving??? TBD
 Phone: (407) 260-0043
  (on SR 436, just SE of Rud Bug Lake Rd. next to Hooter's, a few blocks North of Howell Branch Rd. on the left hand side if heading North, BEFORE Red Bug lake Rd. in that case, about 35 minutes north of Disney, about 15 minutes Northeast of downtown Orlando)
Probably the best place to play the newest Stern pins...IF you can stand the smoke.  Open until midnight I think every night.
This place I must have driven by 1,000 times and never realized it was an arcade room,  I always thought it was a sports bar. Better advertising / signage out front advertising they're an ARCADE certainly would help their cause. So, I was supremely excited to find out about this place (a repair/ pinball guy named Kurt Van Zyle 1st mentioned it to me...if he's on the list...thanks, Kurt!). Anyway, since this is only about 15-20 minutes from home, was very excited to walk in and see 5 pins.  Current lineup as of 9/20/08 is:  Shrek, Family Guy, Batman Dark Knight, Wheel of Fortune, Indiana Jones 4. (they HAD Stern Spiderman & Pirates of the Caribbean before the newer games came out, so those 2 are now gone).  And or course a ton of the other arcade stand up games, driving games, CapCom, an air hockey table...
All the pins were like new and 100% working, very nice.  BIG downside for me here is that it's a smoking environment, just like a bar. Actually, it IS a bar... they serve beer at the bar (maybe wine also I guess) and offer some hotdogs and other bar food/ concessions for sale....but really, TOTAL bummer about the smoke, that really ruined it for me being a non smoker.  I guess it's geared for the adult gamers who smoke, I definitely wouldn't take kids into a place like this as even in the daytime it would smell like smoke. Had ashtrays by the games, I just couldn't get away from it.  Although the upkeep was clean and the ashtrays seem to be emptied, I could only stand it for about 35-40 minutes before I had to leave.  What a shame for me, I just don't understand why they HAVE to have smoking in a place like this...certainly not would I would want to expose my games to either, let alone my lungs (and definitely not kids).  So, that's the big reason this is so far down on my list, otherwise it would have rated toward the top.

13) McDonald's on corner of University Blvd. and SR 436 in Winter Park (while you're in that area, 5 minutes south of Rocky's off 436) has a South Park, didn't go in to check it out though so no report yet as of 9/20/08

14) Boardwalk Bowl.  It's on E. Colonial just east of Dean Rd. in the Union Park area, about 1 mile west of the Super Walmart. (East of downtown about 15 minutes)

Besides boasting 80 lanes for bowling, a bar with TV's everywhere, and 5 pool tables in the main bowling alley area...they have a pretty nice arcade room, fairly large area, but now only  have 3 pins there.  They are Sopranos, Roller Coaster Tycoon, and Ripley's Believe it or not.  These were all in great shape, play like new.  They also have other arcade games there, air hockey table, and a food & refreshments counter.  All in all, a great place to take the kids or just yourself and a very nice atmosphere.  Highly recommended to check this out.

Daytona Beach

Cowlick's Ice Cream & Arcade- (on A1a, south of Main street causeway on A1a several miles on the right, between the 2 causeways)- As of Sept 2010, they had Monster Bash, Harley Davidson, Scared Stiff, and I think one more that I can't recall.  also had a few video games, and a few cocktail games in the dining room/ ice cream eating area (i.e. Galaga/ Ms Pac reunion, or just straight up Ms. Pac, I don't recall?).  Games all played pretty good as I recall, definitely worth stopping in if in the area).
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 05:20:25 PM by jsgtrman »

Offline HammysHangout ( Hammy )

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 08:53:19 PM »
I use to run my own forums, modified the code in phpbb to have user entered fields under their name. Included lists of games they played, state, city, etc. Then setup search fields on main page so users could easily search inside said fields. Not sure if you can do it on simple machines software though.

anything is possible if the operator knew how to code in php :P
https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline Marshall

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • LittleShopOfGames.com
    • Little Shop of Games | 24 Hour Arcade
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 11:50:00 AM »

Five and a half years later, I wonder how many of these locations are still open or have games on site, and how many new arcades / barcades / bars with games have opened in the last 66 months.

What happened to Billy Mitchell's arcade? Does anyone have pictures?

"11) Orlando Airport: - CLOSEDIt's been reported they have a gameroom there, I think 4 pins including: Shrek, Spiderman, IJ4, and something else (probably TSPP or Family Guy)As of Jan 2011: now re-opened as Billy Mitchell's arcade?- have an Avatar and 1/2 dozen video games"

OK, I decided to add this POL report here, for lack of a better place or individual sticky... so I don't have to keep posting it every time someone is looking for some Orlando area pins on location.

I put together a list with some comments (below).  That will at least give you some places to check out, but will have to google for locations and addresses.  Last update was about a year ago, so some were deleted and some games may have changed.  (#1 was Curly @  www.littleshopofgames.com , but he's more in Leesburg/ Lady Lake area, about 45 minutes NW or Orlando).

This should at least help you out, I updated a few things as I recall reading posts about recently, but I'd recommend to call a location to confirm their exact location and current game lineup, as they change quickly.

Pins on Location in Orlando

2) DISNEY property:  Disney arcade at exit of Space Mountain, Magic Kingdom.
OK, I stumbled across this the other week while in the park, most excitement I had all day! This is a great arcade, but of course the downside is you have to pay close to $80 to get into the park! Sad   BUT...if you're already there anyway definitely stop by to check it out.  They had 5-6 Stern pins: Star Wars Episode one, Frankenstein, Elvis, Pirates of the Caribbean, Roller Coaster, and I think Revenge From Mars.  These were all working great, no problems, and lots of fun.  I really liked the Frankenstein, as well as Star Wars that had a cool video monitor built in, and the Elvis.  Great arcade had a ton of the other standard arcade games, i.e. driving games, Capcom, etc..  Highly recommended for a break if you're in the Magic Kingdom.

AS OF January 2011, as per GeorgeB:
<<Pins on site:

Star Wars, Ep 1 (On)
Revenge from Mars (On)
Pirates of the Caribbean (Off)
Rollercoaster Tycoon (On)
Frankenstein (On)
Elvis (On)
Indiana Jones (Stern - Off)

There was also an original Ms Pac, a Donkey Kong Jr combo of some sort in a DK Jr cab, Robotron combination cabaret, and a few more.>>

The Contemporary has 4 pins: Elvis, World Poker Tour, POTC, and Nascar ...no big deal, but it's free to get in, but something like $1.00 a game on their stupid credit card swipe system.

From a fellow RGPer a while back:

<<
That's a very nice Resort ( Riverside ) if you have never been there.
I stayed there 7 X . Here's what should be there : POTC , SWE1, RBION
& RCT - which is beat to shit. Right next door is French Quarter
( they are both technically combined resorts now ). They had a WPT at
French Quarter and may have added another machine as of late, as I
think somebody else mentioned it.

Space Mountain : Elvis, RFM, POTC, SWE1 Frankenstein & RCT.
Contemporary : Elvis, NASCAR, POTC & WPT.
Saratoga Springs : LOTR
Coranado  Springs : Beat up RBION and or RCT
Wilderness Lodge : Really beat up RCT
Polynesian : ROTC & either LOTR or WPT

Just about all resorts have pins in the fore mentioned titles. It is
pretty consistent. I don't know of any other titles available in
Disney but those. MGM has some pins in one of the restaurants. Disney
Quest should have a couple. The best pin in Disney the last time I was
there was the LOTR at Saratoga by far. I'm hopeful that maybe they
have added something new since then. Hopefully some Shreks. Doubtful
you will find a FGY or anything newer. >>

Of course, go to downtown Disney and check out Disney Quest (across
from Cirque e Soleil and House Of Blues.  It may be pricey admission
around $40 or so, but rumored to have a ton (maybe 150?) games, new
and old, including a bunch of classic 80's vids.  Also I think they
have an Ultrapin.

2a) And...Don't forget the Hyatt Grand Cypress down off SR 536 and one block past Hotel Plaza Blvd. has LOTR and TSPP, as well as about a dozen other arcade games.  The gameroom is located down near the pool, need to navigate around the Batcave scenery (seriously), so call and/ or ask the front desk where it is or you'll never find it.

International Drive area:

3) Fun Spot (I-Drive, just north of Kirkman Road)
This place is also great, has the outdoor go-karts, bumper cars, and a few other carnival rides.  The indoor arcade has 2 levels. with 2 pins on the 1st floor: Pirates of the Caribbean & Nascar.  Both of these games have been there a while and work 100% but both have a bit of wear and look like they've been neglected in the polishing/ upkeep department, pretty dirty inside both of them.  But that doesn't affect play, just visual.  Upstairs you can pay $5 for unlimited free arcade games, old school games like Galaga, Ms. Pac Man, Quix, Space Invaders, had a Batman arcade game, the Capcom games, and a bunch of other things.  Downstairs also had  a bunch of other things besides the pins, a Star Wars arcade game, some of those dancing games you step on the blocks to the music beats, etc.  A great place for the whole family, tons to do here, highly recommended.

4) While you're at Fun Spot, go north on I-drive 1 more block to Municipal Dr. and turn right, a bar called CHEERS is on the left hand side.  Sports ball on the smaller side, but they have (as of 9/20/08) the new Stern Batman Dark Knight pin with the current software upgrade to version 2.2.  They also have a few giant screen TV's for sporting events, a Golden Tee video, and 1/2 dozen dart board games.

5) Rosen Shingle Creek (on Universal Blvd., by new convention center addition and Hwy 528) have Spiderman & POTC, both are like brand new, have 1/2 dozen other games in their nice gameroom, but have to pay for parking $7 unless after hours and the gates are up

6) Rosen Plaza (or maybe Rosen Center?) hotel is reported to have a small game room with a few pins, I think it was T3 and TSPP

7) I checked out the old Sheraton, which is now called:

International Plaza Resort & Spa (on Westwood Blvd. & I- Dr., just north of Sea World)
From I- drive, turn onto Westwood (West) and take your very first left into the parking area (before the main entrance). If you enter between building 15 & 16 and head straight you'll go about 100 feet and go right into the arcade room, stand alone building.  This will avoid you having to hike a mile through the hotel like me and keep asking staff who have no idea where the game room is!
Anyway, they currently have 2 pins: Shrek and TSPP (they HAD Batman Forever and Monopoly, both are now gone), as well as about a dozen other games, a few driving games, an air hockey, and a few other stand up arcade games.

*As of Nov. 2010 this arcade was CLOSED, room now empty, or maybe an excercise room.  They gated off the property anyway to FORCE you to pay for parking, but I got around that anyway, just to discover the arcade is gone.  It's possible they relocated it to somewhere else inside the hotel I suppose, but have no info if they did.

Cool The Orlando Metropolitan Resort (not sure if this is current hotel name anymore, but it's in an alcove across form the Boston Lobster Feast, on a U shaped street) on I-Drive (south of Sand Lake Rd.) had a Circus Voltaire, but balls kept getting stuck and some of the toys weren't all working.  This was now a LOTR as of a few months ago, but of course the balrog wasn't working/ opening, there may have been some other issues (weak flipper?), as I recall only playing maybe 2 games on it and recall not being able to enjoy it.

9) Oops forgot to add that the Checkers across the street from Super McDonalds (Sand Lake & I-Drive) had a Harley Davidson pin, and I think one other pin and a few stand up arcade games last time I was there about 6 months ago.  Only problem was the ball kept getting stuck in the Harley pin, ultimately I couldn't get it unstuck and that was the end of THAT playing experience.  Hopefully it's corrected by now.>>

10) Wyndham Resort Orlando (corner of I-Dr. and Sand Lake has a small game room, 2 pins I think are TSPP and Family Guy.

Orlando Airport:

11) Orlando Airport: - CLOSED
It's been reported they have a gameroom there, I think 4 pins including: Shrek, Spiderman, IJ4, and something else (probably TSPP or Family Guy)

As of Jan 2011: now re-opened as Billy Mitchell's arcade?- have an Avatar and 1/2 dozen video games

Downtown Orlando area:

11a)  The Hideaway - local bar just north of downtown, near intersection of Virginia and Mills (17-92), on Virginia? about 1/2 block west of 17-92 (look up address to confirm, not sure on street!)- as of 6 months ago had a Theatre of Magic and South Park, both played very nice, put on location by a local collector so games were very nice...but a bit smokey as the night went on

12) Rocky's Replay- CLOSED/ moving??? TBD
 Phone: (407) 260-0043
  (on SR 436, just SE of Rud Bug Lake Rd. next to Hooter's, a few blocks North of Howell Branch Rd. on the left hand side if heading North, BEFORE Red Bug lake Rd. in that case, about 35 minutes north of Disney, about 15 minutes Northeast of downtown Orlando)
Probably the best place to play the newest Stern pins...IF you can stand the smoke.  Open until midnight I think every night.
This place I must have driven by 1,000 times and never realized it was an arcade room,  I always thought it was a sports bar. Better advertising / signage out front advertising they're an ARCADE certainly would help their cause. So, I was supremely excited to find out about this place (a repair/ pinball guy named Kurt Van Zyle 1st mentioned it to me...if he's on the list...thanks, Kurt!). Anyway, since this is only about 15-20 minutes from home, was very excited to walk in and see 5 pins.  Current lineup as of 9/20/08 is:  Shrek, Family Guy, Batman Dark Knight, Wheel of Fortune, Indiana Jones 4. (they HAD Stern Spiderman & Pirates of the Caribbean before the newer games came out, so those 2 are now gone).  And or course a ton of the other arcade stand up games, driving games, CapCom, an air hockey table...
All the pins were like new and 100% working, very nice.  BIG downside for me here is that it's a smoking environment, just like a bar. Actually, it IS a bar... they serve beer at the bar (maybe wine also I guess) and offer some hotdogs and other bar food/ concessions for sale....but really, TOTAL bummer about the smoke, that really ruined it for me being a non smoker.  I guess it's geared for the adult gamers who smoke, I definitely wouldn't take kids into a place like this as even in the daytime it would smell like smoke. Had ashtrays by the games, I just couldn't get away from it.  Although the upkeep was clean and the ashtrays seem to be emptied, I could only stand it for about 35-40 minutes before I had to leave.  What a shame for me, I just don't understand why they HAVE to have smoking in a place like this...certainly not would I would want to expose my games to either, let alone my lungs (and definitely not kids).  So, that's the big reason this is so far down on my list, otherwise it would have rated toward the top.

13) McDonald's on corner of University Blvd. and SR 436 in Winter Park (while you're in that area, 5 minutes south of Rocky's off 436) has a South Park, didn't go in to check it out though so no report yet as of 9/20/08

14) Boardwalk Bowl.  It's on E. Colonial just east of Dean Rd. in the Union Park area, about 1 mile west of the Super Walmart. (East of downtown about 15 minutes)

Besides boasting 80 lanes for bowling, a bar with TV's everywhere, and 5 pool tables in the main bowling alley area...they have a pretty nice arcade room, fairly large area, but now only  have 3 pins there.  They are Sopranos, Roller Coaster Tycoon, and Ripley's Believe it or not.  These were all in great shape, play like new.  They also have other arcade games there, air hockey table, and a food & refreshments counter.  All in all, a great place to take the kids or just yourself and a very nice atmosphere.  Highly recommended to check this out.

Daytona Beach

Cowlick's Ice Cream & Arcade- (on A1a, south of Main street causeway on A1a several miles on the right, between the 2 causeways)- As of Sept 2010, they had Monster Bash, Harley Davidson, Scared Stiff, and I think one more that I can't recall.  also had a few video games, and a few cocktail games in the dining room/ ice cream eating area (i.e. Galaga/ Ms Pac reunion, or just straight up Ms. Pac, I don't recall?).  Games all played pretty good as I recall, definitely worth stopping in if in the area).

Little Shop Of Games / LSOG | Florida’s Pinball Showroom and Parts Storefront and Authorized Stern, Jersey Jack and Chicago Gaming Company Distributors. We Buy, Sell, RENT and Trade New and Used Pinball Machines and ship Parts and Games Worldwide!

LittleShopOfGames.com | 24HourArcade.com
24408 State Road 54, Lutz, FL 33559
SHOP: 813-944-4900 | Cell: 813-951-1602 | MON - FRI 11-7