Author Topic: Stoked... :-)  (Read 2790 times)

Offline brewmeister_us

• Level 8: Psi Corps
Stoked... :-)
« on: July 14, 2012, 09:30:41 PM »
Never been to an organized show... though have had opportunities to go to several. 

Looks like I'm going to make both Gamewarp and PPE this year... :-)

"It's all good..."

Putting the "fun" in dysfunction every day...

Offline HFK

• Level 9: Grid Champion
Re: Stoked... :-)
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 10:27:39 PM »
Look forward to seeing you there Rich. I remember dropping off some parts to you on the way to GW last year and know you wanted to go.

Can't wait myself. This year should hopefully be a little easier on the setup and breakdown.

Also looking forward to Del Taco and Joe's Crab Shack.

Offline Mike McCarthy

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • I <3 pinball
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 05:46:23 AM »
Never been to an organized show... though have had opportunities to go to several. 

Looks like I'm going to make both Gamewarp and PPE this year... :-)

"It's all good..."
same here. I've never been to an event like this period.  I tried to go to a star trek con back in 2001 but none of my friends parents would let them come along(I was only 16 :P). I was too young to get my own hotel room so I planned on just sleeping in my car lol
wtb nice EM's

Offline srarcade

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 11:36:58 PM »
Last year was my first year at an organized show like this. I was so impressed! The only thing that let me down was the fact I didn't bring more. This year I swore to bring at least 15 games. I'm glad to say I've busted my ass to bring 16 games to the show. I'm so damn hyped out about this its ridiculous. I know its no CAX but I don't live in californi-a and I consider myself of the most extreme cases of arcade infection!! Gamewarp ftw!!
I AM SICK IN MY HEAD OVER ARCADE GAMES - I DO NOT NEED HELP: My VAPs: http://www.arcade-museum.com/members/member_detail.php?member_id=402019

Offline TimothyC

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 11:35:08 PM »
Can't freak'n wait to get there 8)!

****If someone brings a working Sea Wolf to the show I will buy them a decent lunch or dinner for their troubles.  I really, really want to play this game again and I would love to take pics of the inside of the cabinet for a project on the horizon 8)!

Offline xenoina

• Administrator
  • Level 5: Power User!
    • Game Warp Arcade Pinball & Console Gaming Show
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 09:04:51 AM »
Last year was my first year at an organized show like this. I was so impressed! The only thing that let me down was the fact I didn't bring more. This year I swore to bring at least 15 games. I'm glad to say I've busted my ass to bring 16 games to the show. I'm so damn hyped out about this its ridiculous. I know its no CAX but I don't live in californi-a and I consider myself of the most extreme cases of arcade infection!! Gamewarp ftw!!

Wow!  You rock!  I can't wait to see your games at the show.  :)  Game Warp ftw x2!!
Game Warp, Show Organizer
Arcade Pinball and Gaming Show
www.gamewarp.org

Facebook.com/GameWarpShow
Twitter@GameWarpShow

Offline MilitiaMan

• Show Organizer
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 09:18:42 AM »
Wow ... 16 games.

I have been busting my ass every night this week just two get two games ready to bring. Granted, one is in the middle of a pretty significant restoration, but still .... that is a lot of games.

Please add me to the "stoked" list ... because I am!

Steve
MM
Current Barn Want List: Quantum, Timber, Star Castle, Zookeeper, Congo Bongo, Black Widow, Warlords C/T, Nibbler or Eyes.

Hit me up if you have any of these for sale, complete, project, or otherwise.

Offline flecom

• Level 6: Knight Industries
    • flecom.net
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 11:58:29 AM »

wow props to you man, 16 games? thats pretty hardcore... I brought 9 pins to APE and it was satisfying but it was a back-breaking, exhausting, experience!

if only I had a box truck with a lift gate  ;D
My spoon is too big!

Pins: PCMCIA, USB, S/PDIF, DVI, VGA, ASDF, WASD, SIP, TCP, IMAP, LIFO, TWAIN, UART, LOL, WUT?
Vids: A perfboard full of 555s

Offline micksimmonds

• Level 10: Timelord
    • FREEPLAY FLORIDA 2016 - Bigger, Better ;-)
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 01:22:46 PM »

yeah major props to Ryan for this, I know first hand how damn hard it is to move that amount of games, Im about to load truck with 24 machines (and this year it will have a liftgate!) so kudos to you, and thanks again!!!!
FREEPLAY FLORIDA
Check out http://www.freeplayflorida.com and on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/freeplayflorida

Offline carter99

• Level 1: Arrival
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 12:43:19 PM »
I've only been to one of these and think they are FANTASTIC! Keep up all the hard work, guys! Sad I can't make this one, but I'll just be twice as happy to be at the next one!

Offline mcluvin

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 10:24:37 PM »
I brought my whole family today and we all had a blast.  Big thanks to everyone who made it happen!

Now my wife wants a WH2O.  My oldest wants a TOM.  My youngest wants a Donkey Kong.  And I want a Tron pin.  Time for me to win the lottery.....

Chris

Offline johndestef

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 09:11:11 AM »
I brought my whole family today and we all had a blast.  Big thanks to everyone who made it happen!

Now my wife wants a WH2O.  My oldest wants a TOM.  My youngest wants a Donkey Kong.  And I want a Tron pin.  Time for me to win the lottery.....

Chris

AWESOME to hear Chris!  This is the way to keep the vids and pins going through the generations.
Garage Gameroom: dedicated Galaga, 48in1 Multicade, Arcade Legends 2, Dynamo air hockey, Valley pool table, Pub Time darts, Crystal Fives slot, poker table, & popcorn.
www.facebook.com/johndestef
www.facebook.com/mobilerefinishing

Offline Sleepybat

• Level 1: Arrival
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 05:46:42 PM »
Big thanks to everyone who made Gamewarp happen! This was the first show like this I've been to, and I had an amazing time. Awesome people everywhere and some great games.
Own: Nuthin' --getting started again.
Wanted: ST, GOTG, LOTR, TMNT, BKSOR, lots more