Author Topic: Any interest in me bringing my vintage consoles and handhelds?  (Read 1794 times)

Offline PunkicCyborg

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • PUSH RUN BUTTON!
I have really nice examples of most the (now) vintage consoles, many imported systems as well. I also have 4 pro monitors to bring as well, 13, 20, 25 and 29". So basically I'd bring 4 systems but could potentially bring more if there were more tv's available.
I also have nice examples of the older handhelds, game boy, turbo express, game gear, nomad, lynx etc I could bring and have hooked up to a power strip on like a small table with games available for people to switch out as well if there is any interest in me bringing them.
I didn't see much console stuff there last year so that's why I'm asking but I'd love to help with what I can. I wasn't sure if there was a lack of interest in it or there wasn't anyone with them to bring.

Offline Mike McCarthy

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • I <3 pinball
Re: Any interest in me bringing my vintage consoles and handhelds?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 04:31:18 PM »
I have really nice examples of most the (now) vintage consoles, many imported systems as well. I also have 4 pro monitors to bring as well, 13, 20, 25 and 29". So basically I'd bring 4 systems but could potentially bring more if there were more tv's available.
I also have nice examples of the older handhelds, game boy, turbo express, game gear, nomad, lynx etc I could bring and have hooked up to a power strip on like a small table with games available for people to switch out as well if there is any interest in me bringing them.
I didn't see much console stuff there last year so that's why I'm asking but I'd love to help with what I can. I wasn't sure if there was a lack of interest in it or there wasn't anyone with them to bring.
Consoles will probably be a good idea, but to be honest the handheld could get stolen. I know it seems unlikely, but hey someone stole a tool from curly a few months back(while he was in the middle of using it!)
wtb nice EM's

Offline Cloud2Ground

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 04:42:16 PM »
Jack (number six) has almost all of them as well. the console tables were kinda a flop and took up what will be valuable space for this years number of games. However, I don't think any decision has been made about how big or if there will be a console section. I'm thinking yes but will be much smaller than last year.
" The dreams of youth are the regrets of maturity " - The Lord of Darkness/Tim Curry

Pins: Dr. Who, F-14,
Vids: Gorf

Offline micksimmonds

• Level 10: Timelord
    • FREEPLAY FLORIDA 2016 - Bigger, Better ;-)
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 04:46:57 PM »
yeah handhelds are just a bad idea, unless you want to baby sit them the entire time, remember whilst we do what we can to look after machines etc, you cant always be there, so as much as it might be neat to see some handhelds, they are off the list, as for other consoles, I would send Numsix as PM and work with him, consoles are his thing
FREEPLAY FLORIDA
Check out http://www.freeplayflorida.com and on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/freeplayflorida

Offline wolowizard

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 12:52:39 PM »
im there for the pins     cant get enough ..  i have the addiction      ill throw down on some classic arcades  ,, anyone down for some fast paced robotron????
current pins:   MMr,   AC/DC,   TWD prem ,  IMVE , MET , GOT,  GB prem,  KISS,  AS

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 04:31:29 PM »
Definitely send me a PM as I'm sure we can get together.. if somebody else can bring a few consoles/tvs etc that would help a lot as it takes about everything I have to get the arcade games moved in and sorted.

We definitely want the consoles to be there and i think people appreciate them, but it does need a bit more organization and flair. Maybe we can work up something together?

Ditto on the handhelds though.. the chance of somebody walking away with a lynx is just too great, thats why the only "portable" i ever bring is the virtual boy.. but no chance of anyone strolling out with that! (not that they'd even want to after they've played it, lol!)

Offline PunkicCyborg

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • PUSH RUN BUTTON!
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 05:25:30 PM »
As far as handhelds are concerned, I went to midwest gaming classic 2 years ago. It's about 4x the size of gamewarp and one room had a huge table full of handhelds. There was a giant spread of Lynx games including a bunch of protos and rare stuff just sitting out for anyone to go up to to play anything they want. That con is more console oriented though than GW. I don't mind having my stuff out for people to play, that's one of the reasons I have a lot of my stuff. But yeah I gues I don't really want to be babysitting the stuff the whole time I'm there.

Number Six, I'll pm you later with a list of stuff I have and would love to contribute any way I can :D

Offline paul400

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 07:31:27 AM »
you  could hook your stuff up to the little chains like they do at the bank so their pens dont get taken!  :P
taking on monitor chassis repair. wells gardner u2000, k7000 19 and 25 inch, k7201, k7203 , k4600, k4900, k7400, k7500 med rez. electrohome G0-7.. sanyo ez20
I can also build complete monitors with fresh burn free tubes.

Offline MilitiaMan

• Show Organizer
  • www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 04:43:15 PM »
anyone down for some fast paced robotron????

Always!
Current Barn Want List: Quantum, Timber, Star Castle, Zookeeper, Congo Bongo, Black Widow, Warlords C/T, Nibbler or Eyes.

Hit me up if you have any of these for sale, complete, project, or otherwise.