Author Topic: GW Favorites  (Read 10947 times)

Offline mattitude81

• Level 3: Hologram
Re: GW Favorites
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 07:59:29 PM »
Screw Loose and Ice Cold Beer were my favs.
Good times!
LOTR, NFL Blitz 99, PC10, Tapper, Chexx

Offline Mike McCarthy

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • I <3 pinball
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2013, 08:50:22 PM »
My personal fav's:

Mettalica
WOZ
Street fighter 2 turbo
Time pilot
Space riders
Doozie
Old chicago
Hercules
Donkey kong 2(in mick's kong off cab)
Party zone....
Despite there being so many games I kept coming back to those and playing them repeatedly. My brother and I had a hell of a time playing ferrari f355 challenge. He was obsessed with it. He seemed to play it even better once he ran out of weed  ;D
wtb nice EM's

Offline Baiter

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2013, 09:36:44 PM »
Really impressive lineup this year, too many good games to list, but I liked being able to play these uncommon vids.

Pepper II
Spiders
Screw Loose
Satan's Hollow
The EM sub game was awesome too!
Swords of Fury
WOZ was MUCH more fun than it was in November... really feels like a complete game now.

And wow, I didn't even see some like Sorcerer and Shadow... I couldn't even get on TOTAN, WH20, SM, CV, even BH was busy the whole weekend, all I managed to do was finish off someone's game ;)

WTB: Defender, Embryon

Offline bjones

• Administrator
  • Level 8: Psi Corps
  • Game Collector
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2013, 10:03:16 PM »
Lots of cool games made it to the show this year, especially on the video side!

Personally, my notables to play were IRobot, Satan's Hollow, Wizard of Wor and Spectrum.   It's so hard to pick just a few though with such an insane number of titles to choose from.

It makes me really feel good that so many of you have a couple of the games I brought on your lists, I have always collected off the wall stuff and it's really neat to see people appreciate those titles!

Offline jmsvero

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2013, 10:23:13 PM »
Sorry my list is only 3 games
1. Jungle Princess
2. Doozie and
3. Old Chicago

Sadly they were the only EM's there. Great game d&d. Let me know when you want to sell it.
Jeff (not Jim) in Vero
Ace High,Air Way(2),Ballyhoo(2),Baffle Ball,Bank-A-Ball,Brokers Tip,Bumper,Canon Fire Jr.,Contact Master,Criss Cross A Lite,Daisy,Drop Kick,Five Star Final,Flash SR.,Fleet(2),Flying Colors Jr,Golden Gate,Good Luck,Goofy,Harvest Moon,Hi Ball,Hunter,Jockey Club,Leland,Lightning,Majestic Jr.,Mat-Cha-Skor,Merry Go Round,Mills Official Pin Table,Mini Mills,Oh Yeah,One-Two-Three,Pearl Harbor,Play-Boy,Pla-Girl,Polo,Pros-Per-E-Ti,Rainbow,Rambler,Red&Blue,Scoop,Sensation,Signal,Silver Cup,Sky Ride,Sprint,Stevo Ball,Tip Top,Traffic,Whirl -It,Wild Widow,World series

Tbone1

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2013, 10:52:28 PM »
forgot to mention Prok's restored Venture.

A game I played hundreds of times on the console (Colecovision I think?) but had never even seen a real one in person nevermind played one.

Offline Turboderf

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2013, 11:23:30 PM »
fav had to be Billy Mitchells Phone calls to audience members wife's on the TG Panel, shows another side to this great guy (yeah I know its not a game, but other than playing WOZ with my daughter before the show opened, cant comment on the other games  :P

I ran into Billy in the hall with RussG very cool guy to talk too

Mettalica
WOZ
Both cool games
Pins: ~ Aero Smith Pro ~ Revenge From Mars ~ Walking Dead Pro ~ Star Trek Pro ~ Flintstone ~ Gilligan's Island ~ No Fear ~ Junk Yard ~ Fish Tales ~ Monopoly ~ 4 Sale Satin Doll ~

4 Sale Pin: ? Stain Doll

Past Pins: Road Kings ~ 8 Ball - Shaq Attaq ~ World Challenge Soccer ~ Tales from the Crypt ~ World Cup Soccer 94 ~ Pinball Pool ~ F-14 ~
Black Water 100 ~ Rawhide ~ Stardust ~ Elvira and The Party Monster ~ Spider Man ~

Arcade: Arcade Legends ~
 Custom Built Multicade 60-1 ~

Past: 3 Slots: Gamera - Big Chance - Snow King

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2013, 11:43:19 PM »
My favorites were:

Roadrunner vid (of course...it says Atari on it, doesn't it?  Thanks Mike for having it there!  It was nice to play the original upright version)

All of Brian/ Prok's vids I really enjoyed, especially Mouse Trap!  The others were Pepper II and Vanguard...and no surprise I always enjoy Hercules (it says Atari on it also!)

I also really like that Tin Star vid...I gravitate to things I don't see ever or often.  I also enjoyed Whacko vid.  I didn't get to jump onto Lunar lander, but that also looked nice, and the Swords of Fury pin was fun.  there's a ton more I'm sure I'm forgetting, but those were my top favorites.

Others I played that were in great shape were Phoenix, Frenzy, Shadow, and Black Hole....but I have those in my collection so they are favorites by default! :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 11:47:50 PM by TheBatman »

Offline johndestef

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2013, 09:57:33 AM »
HUGE thanks to all who put in time to make that show happen!  Your effort is greatly appreciated.

I brought 3 rugrats up from Ft Myers and did my best to introduce them to the old school way of playing games.  They really latched onto Tatio ICB and the vintage console games.

I enjoyed the $hit out of Track and Field, Robotron and Crazy Climber.  They're just as fun and frustrating as ever!

Thank you again!  Next time the kids stay home and it's a guy's only trip. 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 10:32:29 AM by johndestef »
Garage Gameroom: dedicated Galaga, 48in1 Multicade, Arcade Legends 2, Dynamo air hockey, Valley pool table, Pub Time darts, Crystal Fives slot, poker table, & popcorn.
www.facebook.com/johndestef
www.facebook.com/mobilerefinishing

Offline Old Pin Guy

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2013, 10:11:23 AM »
I only had a little time to play, but Swords of Fury got me going!
(It belongs to Marcel)

What a game in terms of pure point driven insanity!

Great Pin!

Offline DarrenF

• Level 5: Power User!
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2013, 08:08:44 PM »
I'm biased toward those that I hade some connection to (like having repaired the board, or created the freeplay/highscore save mod):
-Space Invaders (board repair... twice)
-After Burner (board repair)
-OutRun (was running the "Enhanced" ROMs)
-Ikari Warriors (prototype freeplay/highscore save ROMs)
-Lunar Lander (board repair... twice)

Aside from those...
-I, Robot.  I'd only every played it in MAME.  Very cool game, and impressive early 80s 3D technology.
-Major Havoc.  Hadn't played this (outside of MAME) since BITD.  Another very cool Atari game.
-OutRun 2.  Never seen it before, but it's a very nice update to the original.
-All EMs.  The pins, and that Invaders from Outer Space.  I really have a soft spot for EM stuff, even though it's from a bit before my time.
-SubRoc 3D.  No easy way to properly play this w/o a real cabinet.  Was good for nostalgia, but this one isn't as fun now as it was BITD (IMHO).
-Wizard of Oz.  Only stood in line to play it once.  But it was fun to play.  I'm glad to see a game that bucks the "score inflation" trend.  I don't need hundreds-of-millions-of-points to enjoy a game...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 10:48:45 PM by DarrenF »
Black Hole, Haunted House, Asteroids, Battlezone, Ikari Warriors, Out Run, Lethal Enforcers
WTB:  Arkanoid cocktail

Offline HammysHangout ( Hammy )

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
GW Favorites
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2013, 09:43:18 PM »
my favorites was just watching 300+ people play the games I try to keep working when poeple have problems.
https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline VictorC

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2013, 12:45:10 AM »
Defender
Centipede
Earthshaker
Missile Command
Ice Cold Beer
Class of 1812
ID4
DigDug
Robotron
Current: Shadow, FishTales, GB, Pro Football, ES, NASCAR, NGG,  Multicade, ICB, Rock-Ola, Centipede
For Sale: AFM, Jurassic Park

Past Games: Grand Slam, King Pin, Flying Carpet, HH EM Rifle, North Star, Ironman, Avatar, Maverick, CFTBL, DE Starwars, DigDug, Virtual Pin, FT x2, Baywatch, BK2K, WH20, Scared Stiff, HSII, Jack*bot, HH, CV, ToTAN, NF, Maverick, ST:TNG, Gladiators, Whirlwind, WCS94, ToM, Flintstones, FishTales
Wanted: ToM, Air Aces, Bon Voyage

Offline MilitiaMan

• Show Organizer
  • www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2013, 08:49:36 AM »
Pepper II was, by far, my favorite piece in the show this year. Partially, because I had some hand in "saving" it but also because it is just such a damn cool game. Very difficult, yet beatable after figuring out how to play it. What a treat! Thank you for all of your hard work Brian.

And ... dibbs.

Also loved WOZ - I have been waiting for more than year to play this game (as I just missed it at SPF) and I must say it was worth the wait. What a gorgeous, solid, fun machine. Jersey jack hit it out of the park with WOZ!

Honorable Mentions!

Lunar Lander - you just don't see these every day!
Food Fight - never gets old!
Pac Land - reminds me of the laundromat near my high school. Tough game!
Road Runner - finally played this with the correct joystick. It is fun!

Steve
MM
Current Barn Want List: Quantum, Timber, Star Castle, Zookeeper, Congo Bongo, Journey, Black Widow, Warlords C/T, Williams Duramold, Nibbler or Eyes.

Hit me up if you have any of these for sale, complete, project, or otherwise.

Offline Todd

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2013, 09:08:07 AM »
My all out favorite was Food Fight. I feel my collection is now incomplete without that title.

I know I say I am a vid guy but.....

Twilight Zone, Spiderman, Wizard of Oz and Cv were a blast for me to play. I mist resist the darkside!

Tin Star was awesome. What a cool game. Road Runner was neat. I have a dead one that needs restore. Now that I have played it it has moved up on the projects list. I liked fix it felix but personally hate lcd's! Sorry English, no offense meant, the game was beautiful! ;) The mini Exidy row was very sweet indeed. :'(