Author Topic: SPF Pin Dolly Raffle  (Read 1466 times)

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
  • Level 10: Timelord
SPF Pin Dolly Raffle
« on: November 12, 2013, 03:24:12 PM »
Thanks YOU! to TwistedQuarter for donating a pinball dolly to SPF!  For every game donated to the show, you will receive one entry into a raffle for the dolly.  The raffle is for everyone who has already donated games as well.  On Sunday morning we will draw one lucky winner for this prize valued at $300.  One game, one ticket.  Three games, three tickets, etc. etc.  Just drop us a PM or log onto www.arcadegametracker.com to list your games.  Feel free to contact me with any questions! 

www.twistedquarter.com

Offline PinPup

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Re: SPF Pin Dolly Raffle
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 08:12:36 PM »
I bought this exact same dolly less than a year ago for $400, cheapest price I could find at the time, very nice prize and incentive!
Games Owned: Countdown, Gilligan's Island, Joker Poker (YES!), DWHO, EATPM, GRAND LIZARD, 60 Multicade
Past Games Owned: Stock Car EM, Cherry Bell, Black Pyramid, Jokerz!, Hang Glider, Capt. Fantastic, Nip-It, Pro Pool, Dimension, Bally Supreme (wood rail) Genco Spitfire (wood rail). Arcade: Defender, Robbie Roto. (Got carried away at an auction on Roto, sheesh!) WTB: Alien Poker, Paragon, Surfin' Safari, Eight Ball Delux.

Offline prefontaine79

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • !!!Feel The PoWeR!!!!
    • www.mowtivatedlawnservice.com
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 08:02:21 PM »
Crushed a couple fingers on an older one when the piston gave out..needed oil I guess
RFM, BK

Offline CafeOne

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 10:54:12 AM »
who won this ?  I didn't hear an announcement.
Cafe One - 403 N US Hwy 1 , Ormond Beach , FL 32174
(386)492-4873   7 AM to 2:30 PM daily. Breakfast and Lunch Pinball Cafe

At the Cafe :
Wizard of OZ LE, The Hobbit (Smaug), Dialed In! LE, Pirates of the Caribbean LE, Wonka LE, The Getaway, Jurassic Park Pro, Munsters Premium, Attack from Mars LE

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 07:37:04 PM »
Ron D did, he is going to give it a full review... and will be posting about it after he has time to check it out.
http://www.coinopflorida.com // http://freeplayflorida.com

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins: TSPP, AMH, T3, ST:TNG, ST:LE, RCT, DW. DE:ST, DP , AbraCaDabra
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, (2) Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Taito Classics, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Rampage(pi), Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, +

Offline CafeOne

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 11:08:10 PM »
Congrats Ron !!
Cafe One - 403 N US Hwy 1 , Ormond Beach , FL 32174
(386)492-4873   7 AM to 2:30 PM daily. Breakfast and Lunch Pinball Cafe

At the Cafe :
Wizard of OZ LE, The Hobbit (Smaug), Dialed In! LE, Pirates of the Caribbean LE, Wonka LE, The Getaway, Jurassic Park Pro, Munsters Premium, Attack from Mars LE

Offline Ron Donohue

• My Gameroom
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 08:57:29 AM »
I was the lucky winner.  I guess the odds were in my favor, bringing the most games.  I have not really looked at it much, as I just started unloading pinball machines last night  I got 10 of them in my garage with the help of Bob (Geist).  So, when I get that done, I can then assemble the dolly and give it a test run.  It looks very nice.  I already have a dolly, so I want to compare the new one with my old one and see the differences.  I want to thank Twisted Quarter for making this prize available for folks who bring games. 

In my view (probably biased) the folks who bring the games make the shows.   Because I already have a dolly, I have decided to try out the new one and figure out if it works better for me than my old reliable dolly.  Once I have figured out which dolly I like best, I have decided to give the other dolly to Jeff Smith (jmsvero).  Jeff brings a bunch of game s (usually eight or so) to every show, and he does not really have anyone local to help him load and unload, so I want him to have the dolly in the hopes that it will make his pin movements a little easier.   He also keeps an eye on all the EMs and my other games for me while I am flailing in the tournament.  In my mind, he is an unsung hero.

In my view, Jeff is a much more deserving guy than me, so it only seems fair to me to share my good fortune with a guy who does a lot to support the pinball community, particularly the EM community.

Thanks once again to Twisted Quarter, and to Bill and Mick for securing the donation.  I will post a review of the cart, as requested by Bill, once I have had a chance to try it out.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 09:19:34 AM by Ron Donohue »

Offline 0geist0

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 09:14:40 AM »
I'm always glad to help Ron, and what a great gesture to give Jeff (not Jim) one of the dollies. Anytime I can help out please don't hesitate to call, wish I could do more.
Pins.  Pioneer, Flight 2000. HS2, Stern Star trek Pro.

WTB A small island
FS  My bad Ideas

Offline pindan3

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • And Now....On with the Show !
    • Town & Country Limousines
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 09:27:24 AM »
Congrats Ron!!! good to see you again
MB=Monster Bash**CFTBL=Creature from the Black Lagoon*BoP=Bride of Pinbot*RFM=Revenge from Mars*Diner*Shrek** DSS=Scared Stiff *Metallica * BSD= Bram Stokers Dracula . & Rock-in-BowlaRama. ,Silver Strike LIVE bowler ST (Stern Star Trek), PAST PINS  Funhouse, South Park,CP, FT, RS, Big Hit, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Dr Dude, PZ, JY,RBION, TSPP, Popeye, Flintstones, JD, Strikes N Spares ( gotlieb) HS2, TAF, Wish List..AFM le, Aerosmith, DAN

Offline PinFever

• Level 9: Grid Champion
    • Pc Gamers Battle company ( OUTLAW )
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 01:12:24 PM »
Congrats to Ron!!  Awesome write up Ron and i feel as you .. Jeff not Jim from Vero is an awesome guy who even fit my un sold game in his truck for me after. He is a HERO of the show as well as all the people who bring games. 
   Ron , Jeff i owe you big time and hope to be able to pay back the favor two fold  ..   Thanks all for the Pinball support .  South Florida is a PINBALL HEAVEN now 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 09:10:20 PM by PinFever »

Offline jmsvero

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 09:14:14 PM »
I appreciate all the kind words from everyone. I am no different than anyone else here. I am just doing what anyone else would do for a fellow collector. I would also like to thank Ron for the gracious gift. It will definitely help me out tremendously.
Jeff
Ace High,Air Way(2),Ballyhoo(2),Baffle Ball,Bank-A-Ball,Brokers Tip,Bumper,Canon Fire Jr.,Contact Master,Criss Cross A Lite,Daisy,Drop Kick,Five Star Final,Flash SR.,Fleet(2),Flying Colors Jr,Golden Gate,Good Luck,Goofy,Harvest Moon,Hi Ball,Hunter,Jigsaw(2),Jockey Club,Leland,Lightning,Majestic Jr.,Mat-Cha-Skor,Merry Go Round,Mills Official Pin Table,Mini Mills,Oh Yeah,One-Two-Three,Pearl Harbor,Play-Boy,Pla-Girl,Polo,Pros-Per-E-Ti,Rainbow,Rambler,Red&Blue,Scoop,Sensation,Signal,Silver Cup,Sky Ride,Sprint,Stevo Ball,Tip Top,Traffic,Whirl -It,Wild Widow,World series