Author Topic: SPF Pin Dolly Raffle  (Read 5838 times)

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
  • Level 10: Timelord
SPF Pin Dolly Raffle
« on: November 12, 2013, 03:24:12 PM »
Thanks YOU! to TwistedQuarter for donating a pinball dolly to SPF!  For every game donated to the show, you will receive one entry into a raffle for the dolly.  The raffle is for everyone who has already donated games as well.  On Sunday morning we will draw one lucky winner for this prize valued at $300.  One game, one ticket.  Three games, three tickets, etc. etc.  Just drop us a PM or log onto www.arcadegametracker.com to list your games.  Feel free to contact me with any questions! 

www.twistedquarter.com

Offline PinPup

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Re: SPF Pin Dolly Raffle
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 08:12:36 PM »
I bought this exact same dolly less than a year ago for $400, cheapest price I could find at the time, very nice prize and incentive!
Games Owned: Fish Tales,, Countdown, Joker Poker (YES!), DWHO, EATPM, GRAND LIZARD, 60 Multicade
Past Games Owned: Gilligan's Island,Stock Car EM, Cherry Bell, Black Pyramid, Jokerz!, Hang Glider, Capt. Fantastic, Nip-It, Pro Pool, Dimension, Bally Supreme (wood rail) Genco Spitfire (wood rail). Arcade: Defender, Robbie Roto. (Got carried away at an auction on Roto, sheesh!) WTB: Alien Poker, Paragon, Surfin' Safari, Eight Ball Delux.

Offline prefontaine79

• Level 5: Power User!
  • twitch.tv/pinballconspiracy
    • Pinball Conspiracy
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 08:02:21 PM »
Crushed a couple fingers on an older one when the piston gave out..needed oil I guess
LZPro
MandoPro

Offline CafeOne

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 10:54:12 AM »
who won this ?  I didn't hear an announcement.
Cafe One - 403 N US Hwy 1 , Ormond Beach , FL 32174
(386) 492-4873   Closed Monday and Tuesday.
Breakfast and Lunch Pinball Cafe
www.cafeone.net

At the Cafe :
Scooby Doo CE, Iron Maiden Prem, Elton John Platinum, Toy Story 4 LE, James Bond Prem , Jurassic Park Premium , Cactus Canyon LE, Rush Premium, Venom premium

Offline HammysHangout ( Hammy )

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 07:37:04 PM »
Ron D did, he is going to give it a full review... and will be posting about it after he has time to check it out.
https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline CafeOne

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 11:08:10 PM »
Congrats Ron !!
Cafe One - 403 N US Hwy 1 , Ormond Beach , FL 32174
(386) 492-4873   Closed Monday and Tuesday.
Breakfast and Lunch Pinball Cafe
www.cafeone.net

At the Cafe :
Scooby Doo CE, Iron Maiden Prem, Elton John Platinum, Toy Story 4 LE, James Bond Prem , Jurassic Park Premium , Cactus Canyon LE, Rush Premium, Venom premium

Offline Ron Donohue

• My Gameroom
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 08:57:29 AM »
I was the lucky winner.  I guess the odds were in my favor, bringing the most games.  I have not really looked at it much, as I just started unloading pinball machines last night  I got 10 of them in my garage with the help of Bob (Geist).  So, when I get that done, I can then assemble the dolly and give it a test run.  It looks very nice.  I already have a dolly, so I want to compare the new one with my old one and see the differences.  I want to thank Twisted Quarter for making this prize available for folks who bring games. 

In my view (probably biased) the folks who bring the games make the shows.   Because I already have a dolly, I have decided to try out the new one and figure out if it works better for me than my old reliable dolly.  Once I have figured out which dolly I like best, I have decided to give the other dolly to Jeff Smith (jmsvero).  Jeff brings a bunch of game s (usually eight or so) to every show, and he does not really have anyone local to help him load and unload, so I want him to have the dolly in the hopes that it will make his pin movements a little easier.   He also keeps an eye on all the EMs and my other games for me while I am flailing in the tournament.  In my mind, he is an unsung hero.

In my view, Jeff is a much more deserving guy than me, so it only seems fair to me to share my good fortune with a guy who does a lot to support the pinball community, particularly the EM community.

Thanks once again to Twisted Quarter, and to Bill and Mick for securing the donation.  I will post a review of the cart, as requested by Bill, once I have had a chance to try it out.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 09:19:34 AM by Ron Donohue »

Offline 0geist0

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 09:14:40 AM »
I'm always glad to help Ron, and what a great gesture to give Jeff (not Jim) one of the dollies. Anytime I can help out please don't hesitate to call, wish I could do more.
Pins, Stern Star trek Pro. Stern Mandalorian Premium, Stern Godzilla Pro.

WTB A small island
FS  My bad Ideas

Offline pindan3

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • And Now....On with the Show !
    • Town & Country Limousines
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 09:27:24 AM »
Congrats Ron!!! good to see you again
MB=Monster Bash**CFTBL=Creature from the Black Lagoon*BoP=Bride of Pinbot*RFM=Revenge from Mars*Diner*Shrek** DSS=Scared Stiff *Metallica * BSD= Bram Stokers Dracula . & Rock-in-BowlaRama. ,Silver Strike LIVE bowler ST (Stern Star Trek), PAST PINS  Funhouse, South Park,CP, FT, RS, Big Hit, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Dr Dude, PZ, JY,RBION, TSPP, Popeye, Flintstones, JD, Strikes N Spares ( gotlieb) HS2, TAF, Wish List..AFM le, Aerosmith, DAN

Offline PinFever

• Level 9: Grid Champion
    • Pc Gamers Battle company ( OUTLAW )
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 01:12:24 PM »
Congrats to Ron!!  Awesome write up Ron and i feel as you .. Jeff not Jim from Vero is an awesome guy who even fit my un sold game in his truck for me after. He is a HERO of the show as well as all the people who bring games. 
   Ron , Jeff i owe you big time and hope to be able to pay back the favor two fold  ..   Thanks all for the Pinball support .  South Florida is a PINBALL HEAVEN now 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 09:10:20 PM by PinFever »

Offline jmsvero

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 09:14:14 PM »
I appreciate all the kind words from everyone. I am no different than anyone else here. I am just doing what anyone else would do for a fellow collector. I would also like to thank Ron for the gracious gift. It will definitely help me out tremendously.
Jeff
Ace High,Air Way(2),Ballyhoo(2),Baffle Ball,Bank-A-Ball,Brokers Tip,Bumper,Canon Fire Jr.,Contact Master,Criss Cross A Lite,Daisy,Drop Kick,Five Star Final,Flash SR.,Fleet(2),Flying Colors Jr,Golden Gate,Good Luck,Goofy,Harvest Moon,Hi Ball,Hunter,Jockey Club,Leland,Lightning,Majestic Jr.,Mat-Cha-Skor,Merry Go Round,Mills Official Pin Table,Mini Mills,Oh Yeah,One-Two-Three,Pearl Harbor,Play-Boy,Pla-Girl,Polo,Pros-Per-E-Ti,Rainbow,Rambler,Red&Blue,Scoop,Sensation,Signal,Silver Cup,Sky Ride,Sprint,Stevo Ball,Tip Top,Traffic,Whirl -It,Wild Widow,World series