Author Topic: Consolidation of the clan...  (Read 1871 times)

Offline Ryokosi

• Level 3: Hologram
Consolidation of the clan...
« on: July 25, 2014, 04:01:14 PM »
There has been some talk in clan 1 about merging the most active parts of both 1 and 2 into a single clan again.  I wanted to start a thread so we could discuss this and all the other related policy issues (Wars, trophy/troop level requirements, donation ratios, ect).

These are just my 2 cents...

In general as I said in chat, I support the idea of consolidation.  Activity breeds activity, and I think we drive away some good members because we try to limp along with some members who have minimum activity.  When you only have a clan with 30 or so members, it's hard to kick someone who is a good member, but just plays causally.

Wars - I'm not in favor of them period.  They do more to drive a wedge in the membership than anything else.  The people who are usually the most vocal for them are not the ones who are contributing the bulk of the troops.  Historically, they usually leave the clan with in a few weeks anyways.  This is a loose loose for the clan IMHO.

Trophy count - does it really matter?  I don't think so.  Some prefer to see how high they can go, others prefer to farm.  I think the clan does best when it focuses on having a good time chatting and helping each other.

Membership lvl - I like flexibility.  I think for general membership, 50 or 60 is a good min.  For membership of friends/family/co-workers... Anything past 25 or 30 is fine by me.  Yes, some might complain about the low level troop donations... I think they need to get over it.  We all started at the same beginning level.  If you are upset with getting 5x level 2 archers out of 20 or 30 in your cc, you are selfish in my eyes.  Whatever happened to be grateful for what you get?

Donations - I'm good with any member that has over 800 donations... Even if they request 3k.  Does that meet the 1:2?  No, but it shows they tried.  Ratios should really only matter to those with limited activity or who are obviously not donating.  We used to have this sort of general policy a long long time ago, but have increasingly become focused on hard line ratios... We had to do this when we were expanding and trying out new members, but if we consolidate, we have enough core members that this shouldn't be as big a concern or problem.

- Ryo
We Donate!!! - Elder

Driggers

Re: Consolidation of the clan...
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 04:38:35 PM »
I completely agree, we should focus on having an active clan with loyal members more than waring or what lvl troops you get.

Offline Mayaenaise

• Level 1: Arrival
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 04:36:25 PM »
I'm all for consolidation too. It's more important that we have an active clan with a good core set of members. It's harder to do that with people split between two clans.

For wars, I'm happy to continue donating for war cc. I think we need to set expectations about whats acceptable for people to do during war. Is it ok for lower level people not to participate if they can't reasonably get stars? Can people not use their attacks if the other clan is winning by a very large margin? Should we consider kicking people who don't consistently participate in wars before we initiate them?

As for ryo's point on the trophy count, i whole heatedly agree. If they donate more than 500 troops but get 1500, I'm ok with that. Their strategy is more agressive than others, but they're giving a good amount of troops and they're helping other up their donation ratios. There's a point where donations nd requests grind to a halt because people are afraid of having a bad ratio. The ratio is meant more to weed out leechers than to bias the clan towards one strategy over another. I think solid members should have leeway with ratios as long as they follow the clan's other rules.

I'm happy to act as the steward of clan 2 with my second account if we do consolidate.

Offline omit22

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 06:57:20 PM »
consolidation is ok by me. there are about 11 active players in clan 2. personally, id like to have clan 1 have everyone, and there would be no wars. id keep clan 2 to allow for players to conduct war, but it would basically disband after each war. wars are better if there are few people on the roster. id like to do wars on weekends, but id also be fine doing them more or less frequently too.

i dont think lvl 50/60/70 makes any sense though. lvl4 archers should be the minimum. if people have friends and family that want to join, they can do as i did -- help build them up to th7 and bring them over. it doesnt take long to get lvl4 archers after all.

tim

Ferny

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 05:01:26 PM »
Hey guys,

Just created this today so I could see what's going on within the clan, I got an account in both 1 and 2. Just wanted to leave my 2 cents about the topics that were brought up.

I think consolidation is a great idea. Since I've been in We Donate!!! (about 2 years) I guess I always thought Clans 2 and 3 were meant for that purpose; to have the better players come over to 1. Especially once Clan Wars came out, I thought that was the direction Jimmy was going towards.

On that note, I'm with you Ryokosi. I really am not a fan of wars. Maybe it's just people's competitive nature that makes them request for a new war every few days, but for me it is definitely more of a loss everytime, even if we win the war. Most of my armies I trained for war were hogs or witches and golems, so that got expensive really fast. Then donating max wiz to everyone's clan castles put me at least 500,000 elixir in the red before the war even started. They were fun and it was cool to see people communicate and work together, but honestly I was pretty happy when Jimmy halted wars for a while. I'll contribute if they start up again, but its kinda nice being able to build up my bases for a little while.

Trophy count - Definitely does not matter to me. I like going down to farm every now and then, but even then my defense wins usually put me back in crystal in no time. I think that being active and donating are the important factors we should focus on members following.

Omit i like the idea of using Clan 2 for wars, that will let people who need that part of the game to get their fix and then come back if they feel like they want to.

Just my thoughts, you guys take care and I'll see ya in the clans.

Ferny

chocolate chips

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 11:08:51 PM »
Hey guys!

First off I'd like to thank ryo, marc, and maya. They have been my three biggest influences here in the clan(s) and have always been supportive of whatever I'm doing, whether in clash or real life. I'm honored to join them as co-leaders of We Donate.

Second, my opinion on the whole consolidation question.

Along with most of the other players to comment on this topic, I am supportive of the idea of combining the clans. I haven't been in clan 2 for awhile but even when I left, over a month ago, participation was very low. And as those who are there have said, it's only gotten worse. I think with the main clan down to only about 35 members, and only a few in clan 2 actually being active players, we can consolidate, stabilize the main clan, and still have room in case there are others wishing to join in the near future. There will always be the option to expand, and right now, we simply don't need the space provided by a second clan.

As for the clan requirements, I feel like not much needs to be adjusted. There are only a select few from the second clan that are active and would come to the main clan, and only a couple of those players don't already meet the existing standards. The minimums we have set now seem to be working fine and I don't see much of a need to adjust them.

Lastly, I agree that the ratio requirement should be loosened. As people have said above, if someone requests around 2-3,000 but "only" donates, say, 750, I think that should be fine. I think this should only be allowed if someone has donated above a certain minimum, like 500, so that people can't leech and request 600 and only donate 150. We should also make sure they continue to donate even when they reach the minimum(if we decide to implement that). Someone may reach 800 donations while having 2,500 requested, and that's fine, but if they continue to request but stop donating, then the leash should be shortened on them. All in all, i think the ratio thing is still a good idea, but only up to a point. At high enough levels of donations, ratios should be less of a priority.

That's all. If you've gotten to this part of my post then I thank you for putting up with me ;)

Have an awesome week, and clash on!

-Chocolate chips

Offline Ryokosi

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 10:32:23 AM »
TTT, Any more thoughts?
- Ryo
We Donate!!! - Elder

Offline omit22

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 08:42:13 AM »
as soon as pizza upgrades archers, he'll be eligible for clan 1, and we'll both move over. that will likely be later next week. clan 2 has been VERY inactive. we only have 9 members out of 21* with at least 90 donates in the current season, while clan 1 has 32 out of 34* such members.

*excluding new members