Author Topic: Great Show! Thanks!  (Read 9919 times)

Offline BART1205

• Level 3: Hologram
Great Show! Thanks!
« on: May 03, 2015, 07:39:08 PM »
I had a great time this weekend!  You all did a fantastic job putting this event together.  Awesome titles and even some I haven't seen before. Thanks again for all the hard work and I hope to see everyone soon.

-Chris
Pins: Laser War, Cyclone, 1930 JayBall
Vids: Playchoice 10, Street Fighter 2 CE (x2), TMNT 2, Tetris, Ms. Pac, Toobin, Gorf, Afterburner, Outrun, Gauntlet Legends, Reactor, Klax, Track and Field, Asteroids

Offline DK

• Level 10: Timelord
  • Account retired
Re: Great Show! Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 08:57:23 PM »
I also had a great time. I saw minimal games down, which is a great thing. Great venue, great people, great tourney, great show   :D

Offline Sid

• @!#?@!
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 09:07:16 PM »
Awesome fun show.  Thanks to everyone that worked to make it great.  All your hard work showed.

...and I found my next must have.  :)

Phil.
C.B.B.B.M. @!#?@!

Phil.

Offline namco_polygonizer

• Level 3: Hologram
  • WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL - SEGA!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 10:28:57 PM »
A big thank you to all that made the show possible!  I'm always happy to make the drive from Orlando to support the show! I liked the tournament as it makes you appreciate games you would otherwise not play as seriously.  The competitive aspect makes it really fun.  Thanks again for letting me borrow the socket wrench to fix my car too!  I hope to get a few of my games looking as good as the ones at the show.  Mid 90s Sega stuff doesn't get the repros the classics do but I'll be out on the look out for parts to try to perfect my games like the ones at the show.  Stellar job Jax team!
Always looking for Sega stuff, especially any of the Model2 games. If you have anything Sega you are willing to trade, send me a PM! :)

Offline bjones

• Administrator
  • Level 8: Psi Corps
  • Game Collector
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 11:04:52 PM »
Fantastic job by the Jax team.  For the first show in a very long time I think I actually played about 100 games.  By today I just couldn't play my wrists hurt so bad :)

fun times.
/b

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 01:02:43 AM »
I still couldn't get far enough in Journey to get the tape to play but had a blast trying. Did finally beat NARC after 25 years.

Great show look forward to next year!

Offline Marcel G

• Show Organizer
  • Level 6: Knight Industries
  • APE Man
    • Pinwerks
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 07:53:00 AM »
The positive vibes emanating from this show were amazing.
It was a pleasure to come up and be a part of it.
Thank you Steve, Dug, and the Jax crew for all the time spent in putting it all together.

Marcel

P I N W E R K S

South Florida pinball machine and videogame repairs professionally done on site - Martin, Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties... and beyond if needed.

Offline bit_slicer

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2015, 08:18:28 AM »
We had a blast!   8)  Thanks to Doug, Steve, and all of those who made the show happen.  I played Joust 2 for the first time ever - that one goes on the list!  Also, someone had posted 1M on the Battlezone mini. I don't know if it was done at the show, but that was impressive.

Offline TimTrickett

• Level 1: Arrival
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2015, 10:07:00 AM »
My wife Jessie and I had a great time on Friday night. We hope to get more involved having bought our first pin a couple of months ago.
 I am wondering however about the drawing  and how it went and who won? We have checked our phones and email numerous times figuring there must be something wrong with them, since we haven't heard we won.  ;) LOL  - Looking forward to future shows and meeting more members. Thanks again, Tim

Offline PinPup

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2015, 10:29:34 AM »
My buddy and I both loved the show, good selection of games, enough so they weren't overcrowded. The Holiday Express hotel was also nice with great free breakfast. Great job by the organizers, will be back next year! Thanks!!  :)
Games Owned: Fish Tales,, Countdown, Joker Poker (YES!), DWHO, EATPM, GRAND LIZARD, 60 Multicade
Past Games Owned: Gilligan's Island,Stock Car EM, Cherry Bell, Black Pyramid, Jokerz!, Hang Glider, Capt. Fantastic, Nip-It, Pro Pool, Dimension, Bally Supreme (wood rail) Genco Spitfire (wood rail). Arcade: Defender, Robbie Roto. (Got carried away at an auction on Roto, sheesh!) WTB: Alien Poker, Paragon, Surfin' Safari, Eight Ball Delux.

Offline BIT

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2015, 10:56:33 AM »
Another great show guys!  Great crowd, great cause, and excellent location.  Keep it up!

Jason
Vids: Gauntlet I/II
Pins: Avengers LE Hulk, GOT Pro, Mando Premium

Offline MilitiaMan

• www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2015, 12:49:17 PM »
Thanks for all the positive feedback. Still moving games right now, but I promise a full rundown of all the events as soon as I get a chance to stop running!

Steve
MM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current Barn Want List: Quantum, Timber, Star Castle, Zookeeper, Congo Bongo, Journey, Black Widow, Warlords C/T, Williams Duramold, Nibbler or Eyes.

Hit me up if you have any of these for sale, complete, project, or otherwise.

Offline dug

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2015, 01:00:46 PM »
Ditto on what Steve said - lots of after show stuff to wrap up so there hasn't been much time to post.  I'm working on getting the video of the pinball raffle drawing posted so that should be up this afternoon. 
WTB: Eight Ball Deluxe, The Getaway - HSII, Qbert,

Jacksonville Arcade Expo - www.jaxarcadex.com

How come you never see the headline “Psychic Wins Lottery”?

Offline Redland Man

• Level 5: Power User!
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 02:29:24 PM »
Great Show, Hard a great time and was worth the drive.
Don't be a bully

Offline Raikus

• Building an Arcade Ark
    • Flippin' Great Pinball
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015, 02:30:53 PM »
Thank you guys for throwing a great show and being so accommodating to the community. Had a blast and can't wait until next year!
Flippin' Great Pinball (Tallahassee)
Podouken Arcade Podcast