Author Topic: Why are the smart ones always from Florida  (Read 15969 times)

Offline TimothyC

• Level 8: Psi Corps
Why are the smart ones always from Florida
« on: October 23, 2015, 05:59:57 PM »
It seems like every week I read a dumb crook, parent, etc. story and inevitably the story is from Florida :-\.  Anyway just thought I'd start a thread and bump it on occasion whenever I see such a story as sometimes they're hilarious though quite often they leave me shaking my head. 

Today's entry:

Alleged Jewelry Thieves Left Parting Gift in Guest Book (link)

(NEWSER) – Signing the guest book at a wedding or funeral: fine. Signing one at an art gallery you're accused of stealing from: not the best idea. That's what one Florida couple allegedly did Saturday night when they visited ICFA Gallery in Palm Beach, reportedly lifting the owner's gold bracelet and silver onyx ring, worth about $6,000, per the Palm Beach Daily News. Cops say the owner momentarily stepped away from the front of the store, leaving his jewelry unattended. When he returned, it was gone—as were the two suspects, 24-year-old Megan O'Hara and 19-year-old David Ziskoski, who had been milling about viewing the "Attila JK" exhibit, the Sun Sentinel notes.

A description given to the police by the owner helped cops nab the two at a local supermarket, but they may have soon been tracked down anyway: Per the arrest report, the owner discovered that in his guest book, multiple emails had been scribbled down, including wedidnttakeit@gmail.com, the Sun Sentinel reports. Although the emails were fake, one of them had the name "Meg" next to it, as well as O'Hara's actual phone number. Added just for fun were a sketch of male genitals and a female face labeled "Meg." Ziskoski admitted to cops they had made those entries (and stolen the jewelry), and O'Hara lamented, "If I knew that they cost that much, I wouldn't have taken it." The two were hit with grand-theft charges and released on bail Sunday. (A Texas man really wanted people to know he had been to the Alamo, so he carved his name in it.)

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
Re: Why are the smart ones always from Florida
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 06:59:18 PM »
lol. awesome!

i wonder about the owner as well as the krooks here, though. no cameras? just "leaves" $6000 worth of jewelry on a counter top? doesn't deserve to get it back, in my opinion. donate to a non-crooked charity. :)
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline TimothyC

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 10:27:20 AM »

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/42208993-story

Police: Woman stripped, poured ketchup on herself at restaurant

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. –  Police have arrested a woman who they say lay naked on a table at a South Beach diner and poured ketchup on herself.

Witnesses told Miami Beach police a topless Angelic Valle turned over tables and chairs at Johnny Rockets earlier this month, then removed the bottom of her bikini before climbing on the table and pouring the ketchup on herself.

Onlookers said she then began to perform a kind of dance while she still lay prone on the table.

One patron told police he grabbed a chair to make a barrier. Other male diners encircled her and waited for police.

Valle was gone when officers arrived, but they located her. The 23-year-old Valle was arrested Thursday.

She did not respond to a telephone message left for her Friday.

Offline beepnutz

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 10:41:49 AM »
This older one amazed me, couldn't believe it was real.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_cannibal_attack

Offline mcluvin

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 10:47:44 AM by mcluvin »

Offline funky49

• Froody dude
  • Original Member
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 01:51:02 PM »
I present to you Angelic Valle

SHAKE IT GIRL!

Onlookers said she then began to perform a kind of dance while she still lay prone on the table.

I don't see how you can lay prone and do a dance at the same time. Obviously they should have sent their most elite reporters to be on this story.
"It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." -- HHTTG

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”
-- Mark Twain

Offline k7

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 06:08:58 PM »
ahh, college days. :)

Offline TimothyC

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 07:27:56 PM »
Reading another forum I saw someone mention Periscope and immediately recalled this story from last month.  This chick has ruined any chance of a serious job offer for at least the next ten years  :o:

florida-woman-periscopes-her-drunken-crash

Offline littlewest

• I feel old...
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2015, 12:00:28 AM »
Reading another forum I saw someone mention Periscope and immediately recalled this story from last month.  This chick has ruined any chance of a serious job offer for at least the next ten years  :o:

florida-woman-periscopes-her-drunken-crash

or aced it depending on what gentlemens club she applies to.
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘

Offline TimothyC

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 09:37:45 AM »
Polk County cop’s wife caught on camera stealing gifts from a porch

Hope the sow above gets the book thrown at her and this is held against her husband as well. 

And here's the real reason I'm bumping this thread  ;):

Florida 'burglar' is eaten by an ALLIGATOR while hiding from police (link)

I know it's wrong to laugh at someone's death and in doing so I'm a shallow person, but I freak'n hate thieves so whatever fate befalls them is fine with me :)

Offline Centaur Brother

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 09:54:42 AM »
True life is always better than fiction. By the way, there are dumb-asses everywhere. Florida does seem to have more than its fair share.
Thanks for making me laugh and making my bad morning look a little brighter.
The Pin Cave

"Keep On Flippin"

Offline Sid

• @!#?@!
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2015, 10:06:27 AM »
Polk County cop’s wife caught on camera stealing gifts from a porch

Hope the sow above gets the book thrown at her and this is held against her husband as well. 

And here's the real reason I'm bumping this thread  ;):

Florida 'burglar' is eaten by an ALLIGATOR while hiding from police (link)

I know it's wrong to laugh at someone's death and in doing so I'm a shallow person, but I freak'n hate thieves so whatever fate befalls them is fine with me :).

I am shallow....This is funny.  :)
C.B.B.B.M. @!#?@!

Phil.

Offline Raikus

• Building an Arcade Ark
    • Flippin' Great Pinball
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2015, 10:45:33 AM »
They should do a Fargo-like show for Florida.
Flippin' Great Pinball (Tallahassee)
Podouken Arcade Podcast

Offline TimothyC

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2015, 01:40:50 PM »
 :roll: :'( :P

Florida Woman Arrested for Driving Cart in Walmart While Drinking Wine and Eating Chicken (link)

LECANTO (CBSMiami) – A woman was arrested at a Lecanto Walmart on Tuesday after eating sushi, most of a rotisserie chicken and cinnamon rolls while drinking wine and driving a motorized shopping cart around the store.

The Citrus County Sheriff’s Office arrested the woman on shoplifting and drug paraphernalia charges.

Deputies arrived at the store on Tuesday after receiving a call from a loss prevention employee who informed them of the alleged shoplifter that he had in custody.

The woman, identified as Josseleen Elida Lopez, 25, was held after consuming $32.36 worth of food and wine. She told detectives that she is homeless.

The employee observed Lopez acting strangely and noticed a half-empty bottle of wine inside the motorized cart.

She was found to have consumed cinnamon rolls, mini muffins, a rotisserie chicken with sauce and two bottles of S. Home wine.

Deputies found two empty syringes after arresting Lopez, one in her purse and one in her backpack.  She told detectives that she had used the syringes earlier to inject crystal meth.

Lopez told the deputies that she was hungry and didn’t want to bring the food outside when asked why she drove around the store eating and drinking wine.

She further acknowledged that she knew what she was doing was wrong.

Offline k7

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2015, 06:57:33 PM »
she's one step, in looks, from a selena gomez. seriously.

times are tough. the drug use, meh...think smarter. the rest of the story? I have no issue with what she did. I would have paid for her.

north of tampa, and Miami picks it up. like Miami news has to travel outside of 2 blocks to fill up an hour of news...lol.

:) happy holixmasachanukahdays, everyone!!!