Author Topic: Announcement: Jax Arcade Expo Timing!  (Read 4759 times)

Offline MilitiaMan

• Level 10: Timelord
  • www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
Announcement: Jax Arcade Expo Timing!
« on: March 01, 2016, 08:51:34 AM »
To all of our friends, followers, volunteers, sponsors, and interested parties, the organizers of the Jacksonville Arcade Expo would like to inform you that we have decided to make the Jacksonville Arcade Expo a bi-annual event.

We are very proud of the Jacksonville Arcade Expo and especially proud of the $6500 we have been able to donate to charity over the first two years.  However, due to the massive amount of planning, coordination, and general "wear and tear" that goes into running a show like this, we have decided it is better to focus on a higher quality product and reduce the frequency to once every two years.

We know that some of you will be disappointed to hear this news, and we understand, but we look forward to inviting you all back to Jax Expo 3 in early 2017!

Please take this opportunity in 2016 to visit other regional shows like the Florida Arcade & Pinball Exposition in South Florida, Freeplay Florida in Orlando, or The Southern Fried Gameroom Expo in Atlanta, GA.

Thank you, as always, for your support! We are looking forward to recharging our batteries and seeing you all again real soon!

Always,
Steve & Dug

Current Barn Want List: Quantum, Timber, Star Castle, Zookeeper, Congo Bongo, Journey, Black Widow, Warlords C/T, Williams Duramold, Nibbler or Eyes.

Hit me up if you have any of these for sale, complete, project, or otherwise.

Offline Redland Man

• Level 5: Power User!
Re: Announcement: Jax Arcade Expo Timing!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 04:24:10 PM »
Well you know i was looking forward to it but theres always next year. Plus we can just hang out at Southern Fried.  Luis
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 04:37:22 PM by lcamayd »
Don't be a bully

Offline MIKE96

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 01:07:44 AM »
I was looking forward to the Jax show too this year, but we'll definitely see you at Southern Fried!
WTB: Anteater,Time Pilot, Wacko, Flicky (uprights)
Astroblasters,Wizard or Wor, Crazy Climber (cabarets)

Offline TimothyC

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 08:01:11 AM »
Well schucks as I was really looking forward to it this year, but I certainly understand.  I guess I need to make plans for southern fried this year :)

Offline yesimbrandon

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 08:37:01 AM »
Well schucks as I was really looking forward to it this year, but I certainly understand.  I guess I need to make plans for southern fried this year :).

I think we're doing the exact same thing, we were going to skip SFGE but now we're making plans for that.
Pins: Deadpool Pro, Iron Maiden Pro, Game of Thrones Pro, Doctor Who, The Shadow, Meteor

Offline RussG

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 09:37:57 AM »
After the announcement of APE being indefinitely on hold and just recently announced does anyone else feel really disappointed like me?  :-\
I was looking forward to finally going to a Jax show. 

Offline MilitiaMan

• www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 09:51:55 AM »
After the announcement of APE being indefinitely on hold and just recently announced does anyone else feel really disappointed like me?  :-\

Don't fret!

There will still be a JAX show ... in the Spring of 2017!

Steve
MM
Current Barn Want List: Quantum, Timber, Star Castle, Zookeeper, Congo Bongo, Journey, Black Widow, Warlords C/T, Williams Duramold, Nibbler or Eyes.

Hit me up if you have any of these for sale, complete, project, or otherwise.

Offline micksimmonds

• FREEPLAY FLORIDA 2016 - Bigger, Better ;-)
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 10:06:35 AM »

the amount of effort to put on a show is huge, and a large undertaking for everyone involved, and does take its strain on real life, and the amount of time, hours put into making it happen, for a small number of people that are part of it, for everyone that is taking time off from the events, thankful for everything that have done in the past, the monies raised, the joy, pleasure they have given to the masses to enjoy these games as after all, that is what these are meant for :D so support the events like SFGE, FPF this coming year and look forward to JAX next year, and support them, as without the community there wont be any events, huge thanks to Steve, Doug, Rob and everyone in JAX that puts on this show
FREEPLAY FLORIDA
Check out http://www.freeplayflorida.com and on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/freeplayflorida

Offline pindan3

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • And Now....On with the Show !
    • Town & Country Limousines
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 01:06:00 PM »
when is Tampa going to put on a show??? :P :P :P :P :P :o :o :o
MB=Monster Bash**CFTBL=Creature from the Black Lagoon*BoP=Bride of Pinbot*RFM=Revenge from Mars*Diner*Shrek** DSS=Scared Stiff *Metallica * BSD= Bram Stokers Dracula . & Rock-in-BowlaRama. ,Silver Strike LIVE bowler ST (Stern Star Trek), PAST PINS  Funhouse, South Park,CP, FT, RS, Big Hit, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Dr Dude, PZ, JY,RBION, TSPP, Popeye, Flintstones, JD, Strikes N Spares ( gotlieb) HS2, TAF, Wish List..AFM le, Aerosmith, DAN

Offline Robertm

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 02:17:18 PM »

when is Tampa going to put on a show??? :P :P :P :P :P :o :o :o

As soon as you organize and put it on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pins: Twilight Zone , TWD,  Addams Family, , Got , Woz
Vids: Skeeball ,412-1, Valley Dart, Asteroids, ICB ,  CS/Paperboy, multi williams , MAME, Neo Geo, Playchoice, Gt 2009 w/SSb, Crazy Taxi U/R, Chexx Hockey
Jukebox: Rowe AMI R87

Offline bjones

• Administrator
  • Game Collector
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2016, 07:26:57 PM »
Being steve and doug are two of the guys i've known the longest in this hobby it hurts my heart a little bit to see Jax expo not happen but I completely respect the reasons for the decisions.  Doing shows is hard, but life is harder. We will all be here to support you guys when the time is right again.  Seems like just yesterday that I saw Doug's wide eyes at what I think was his first arcade auction :)

Never lose that passion for the game that you all so clearly have.

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2016, 09:45:17 PM »
Steve/Doug, your decision is completely understood and respected!!  It has been a pleasure to contribute to Jax Expo over the past shows and there is no question I will be there when the next event happens.  Thank you both for everything you do for this community!

Offline MRK

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 02:39:12 PM »
It's a shame that this will not happen this year. It has been a great show and frankly, the most affordable to stay at. We skipped APE this year due to the prohibitive costs of the hotels in the area and are local enough to go home between days at FreePlay Florida. We will be there whenever the next show happens.

Maybe we can use this as an opportunity for some of us with smaller collections to host. Not necessarily a tournament, but social gatherings to see some of the unique gems that exist within our groups. Tournaments necessitate a larger number of machines but I am sure there are many of us that have 1,2 maybe 3 pinballs, possible an arcade or MAME  and could handle smaller gatherings.

Pins: High Speed, Shaq Attaq, NIght Moves, Caribbean Cruise, Roy Clark, Journey Virtual Pin

Arcades: Arkanoid, M.A.M.E.

Offline spartyman

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 09:10:50 PM »
Steve/Doug, your decision is completely understood and respected!!  It has been a pleasure to contribute to Jax Expo over the past shows and there is no question I will be there when the next event happens.  Thank you both for everything you do for this community!

Ditto
Vids: Millipede, PacMan
Pins: Stern POTC, GOTG Pro
Slots: Wms BlueBird1