Author Topic: Miracleman? Are you there?  (Read 6477 times)

Offline Mole

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • Blah
    • SW Florida Pinball Avenue
Miracleman? Are you there?
« on: June 09, 2008, 06:06:26 PM »
Where did you go? I can't find you.

Get Lassie! I think Spence fell down the well again!

Dan
SW Florida Pinball Avenue: http://pinballavenue.blogspot.com/

The Pinball Asylum:
http://www.pinballasylum.com/

Project Pinball Charity- putting pinball machines in the Children's Hospitals
http://www.projectpinball.org

Offline Miracleman

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Re: Miracleman? Are you there?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 06:24:56 PM »
Number Six wrote:
>I'm sorry the community wasn't to your liking previously.

It wasn't 'the community', I dropped out for a while, do I have to justify why I join or quit a forum?
Then the whole forum goes down, so it doesn't really matter that I 'quit', does it?

I signed up this morning and 5 minutes later got a reply from you saying
"I thought you were done with us."
and suddenly my account was reduced to GUEST status and I couldn't post.
I emailed you several times asking why and got no reply.
It was only after several friends here asked why that I was activated again and the thread asking why was deleted.

>I will restore your account but please keep in mind you will probably have to interact with the same people you had a problem with >previously and I would ask that you keep things polite (as I will ask them to do the same).

Yeah, I'll be sure to use that right away, thanks.

'I' didn't have a problem with anyone before, but I think someone might have had a problem with me?

Offline murfe88

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 06:36:49 PM »
WOW , I didn't realize we were picking and choosing who is allowed to post to the board. I better keep on my best behavior.

Spence you are more then welcome at my house to play some pinball anytime you want.
Toy Story LE , TBL , AIQ premium , TMNT pro , EHOH , Godzilla pro , Vpin , GT2022 pedestal , Arcade Collections pedestal , PacMan Galaga reunion .

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 06:38:02 PM »
You quit us, not the other way around. You wanted to come back, I figured we were due an explanation and at the very least some sort of heads up that you wanted back on.

If you play nice your welcome here just like anyone else. I don't think we have EVER been unreasonable to ANYONE

ON THE CONTRARY..

I have provided a website that HAS UNITED this community and has made so many things possible. I have done this at CONSIDERABLE EXPENSE to myself with absolutely NOTHING in return. All that I ask is people treat each other (and me) with respect. You don't pay anything for access here (as nobody does) but that doesn't mean we're here to be walked all over either. If you want to quit, that's fine. If you want back.. that's fine but an explanation isn't out of the question.

If you have such a problem with me because somehow then you don't have to login here. I made this forum for people to connect and have fun, not to justify myself to anyone. In the grand scheme of things I think this board runs pretty friendly. I can probably count on one hand the number of people I have deleted off here in the last 10 years. So please don't try to throw drama on me because I asked you for an explanation when you came back. Seriously. Am I really such an asshole that I spent all weekend long (literally) fixing this system so everyone could get back together? How many deals have gone through here? How many parties and what not have been organized through here? Are we really a bunch of dicks out to get YOU?

'I' didn't have a problem with anyone before, but I think someone might have had a problem with me?

Since we're quoting emails today, you wrote I prefer to keep stuff like this out in the open for all to see, but yes, the actions of some people on the board were not to my liking so I left. Seeing some of the other members at the auction reminded me that there are good people here, so I rejoined.

So yeah that makes me think you had a problem with people on here. And whatever that's fine. but keep in mind everyone has to play nice.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 10:14:55 PM by number six »

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 06:38:46 PM »
WOW , I didn't realize we were picking and choosing who is allowed to post to the board. I better keep on my best behavior.

Thanks for the support man, it helps especially after this passed weekend.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 06:59:27 PM »
I signed up this morning and 5 minutes later got a reply from you saying
"I thought you were done with us."
and suddenly my account was reduced to GUEST status and I couldn't post.
I emailed you several times asking why and got no reply.
It was only after several friends here asked why that I was activated again and the thread asking why was deleted.

And for those keeping score at home

His account was restored the minute I got his email, which may have been sometime later as admittedly I can't say that I sit in front of my email 24/7.
I only reduced the account after the PM went ignored for an hour or two because at that point I didn't know what was going on (fake account? i'm being ignored?)
The thread asking about him was deleted because I replied to his email (when i received it) and restored the account so case closed. The only thing that would come out that thread is a bunch of negative junk which I don't think ANYONE comes here to read because I know I would rather talk about pinballs or ms. pac-man.

But thanks for assuming the hell out of me.

Do I deserve this? Honestly? You know I had slated an hour to fix the gameroom galleries this evening but instead i'm dealing with this instead. This really helps. And for what? Somebody couldn't post for 2 hours until they replied to an email. That's the totality of my evil.

Offline kbvette

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 07:33:07 PM »
WELL,FOR A LACK OF BETTER WORDS.THIS FORUM HAS MADE MY PINBALL EXPERIENCE THAT MUCH BETTER.NUM SIX,WE ALL APPRECIATE YOUR HARD WORK.THIS A GREAT GROUP,THANKS THOMAS,JAIME,PAUL,FOR THE TOURNAMENTS.WHEN IT COOLS OFF A LITTLE(NOVEMBER)I WILL HOST A TOURNEY AT MY HOUSE(AL FRESCO)THANKS,KEVIN ;D
Pins Fish Tales,XMEN LE,DM,Iron Man,Corvette,

Offline Big Al

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 07:42:59 PM »
Hello from Big Al,

Okay, while I think the flames will fly, I think this should be a gentlemens debate.  Please censor yourselves for the benefit of the community.  

Before you respond and bring havoc on the group please take to heart what your message conveys.

If you don't like me or don't like my opinion please at least have some repsect for the FL coin-op community in general.  

If you are upest at someone in particular then that's your axe to grind personally via PM and please deal with it on the side.  

If yo uare upset with the group then please don't participate <or> start your own group with others that share your view.  

Again, not personal, I would leave if I was that offended or not wanted here.

As a 20 year collector and operator I absolutely can't stand some people but I put the hobby above my personal distaste for others b/c I love the coin-op community so much.  As far as I know, I have no major problems with other group members but we all are humans and have general disagreements or some minor distaste for others.

Most importantly, I really love anything coin-op.  A good day for me is spending some silent time on the shop bench with my favorite tunes and doing some repairs or restoration, then maybe a live tourney or some newsgroup action talking all coin-op and nobody grinding axes.

Pinball, video, hybrid, touchscreen, skee-ball, etc. - I do love it all!

I have for the most part, lived a hermit collecting life b/c I hate seeing people *fight* and cause issues over nonsense/basic disagreements.  I know for a fact that there are some very, very smart techs that have dropped out of the newsgroups and even doing repairs b/c of petty disagreements such as we have here.  

Look, I could argue with anyone all day long b/c I'm an attorney and I do all day is argue (or "negotiate").

IHMO, this is a hobby and a place for people to share and enjoy each others company and share things in *common*.

C'mon guys, I can sit here all day and shit and spit 'litigate crap' all day long with the familiar play on words . . . but unless it's a major smackdown / slander / libel against you or your business than just let it ride or go somewhere else.

No one needs to be right or wrong.  Please get along or vent with the person via PM.

Please get along, and if it becomes to personal to you then just go somewhere else - or vote me off the island!

We al share something fun and will never all agree - so let's keep things lite and friendly.

Thank you for reading my post.

:))
Big Al

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 07:52:40 PM »
Wow...

I've been unaware of all this going on...and a little sad to hear about it.  First, well put Big Al.  We can have differences but it's sad to see it escalate to epic proportions, whatever the reasons.  I HAVE been wondering where you've been Spencer... sadly missed you at the auction and have been hoping to hang out with you more, hopefully in the future.  I don't know WHAT exactly the issues are and between whom (I think I can take a few guesses from what I recall...)....but I certainly hope it has nothing to do with me.  Spencer, if I pissed you off by stealing that Flash Gordon pin out from under you, fine...you can have it! :)  Seriously guys, please ALWAYS presume I'm joking or saying things in jest, I sometimes have a quirky sense of humor so you might not always "get" me.  Believe me, you'll know when I'm pissed about something.

Anyway, glad the forum is back up and I HOPE we can all get back to normal and continue to have a friendly community.  I suppose you all don't have to LOVE each other, but hopefully can tolerate everyone for the most part.

Jeff

Offline Mole

• Blah
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 08:10:44 PM »
by stealing that Flash Gordon pin

Damn you! You got my....er....the Flash Gordon pin! J/K

Now, I am going to have stop in and see your GROWING pin collection! Not J/K

Dan

The Pinball Asylum:

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 08:17:56 PM »
LOL....THAT's the type of comments I enjoy being on this forum, not all the bitching...I can go to RGP for that!

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 09:20:32 PM »
First off I'm sorry if I came off a bit harsh or flew off the handle. I haven't had much sleep over the last few days and with the auction, work and everything else it's been a very stressful week. First thing, thanks for the support guys - I think we're all on the same page here.

Here's my thoughts on moderating a system in general. First off, I've ran the Village for 16 years, point being in online forum terms that's 3 lifetimes at least. In that time I've seen basically everything. I've seen systems succeed, rise, fall and fail and most of the time its been because either there's a good community spirit or there is not. My philosphy has always been to moderate with the understanding that this sytem is nothing without it's users. I try to make the experience as friendly and as painless as possible. I don't support in-fighting, "drama" or other negative garbage as I know how quickly that can tear something apart. I also never use my so called "power' to screw with people. Have you ever seen me run somebody off? Seriously take sides in an argument or *gasp* actually ban somebody just because I didn't like them? No you haven't, which is one reason some of the comments so quick to throw stones kinda hurt, because I think the track record of this place should stand for *something* more than that.

Secondly, If you have a problem your first recourse shouldn't be to post a message about it because that's just going to drag unrelated parties into the frey and cause problems. What sort of good does something like this do for the community? I gaurantee it's a lot more likely to turn off a new user reading something like this than encourage them to take a bigger role. OK the idea is to "keep everything out in the open", well my response to that is.. for what reason? Have I ever done something that was unfair to somebody? Do you honestly think I'm out to join cliques, pick sides and run one person against the other? If you do then I wonder why you'd even be here. My point is given the way this systtem has been run I think it's safe to say if you have a problem, question, issue or anything else contact me about it will be solved. Dragging so called "dirty laundry" out into the public like this just causes problems and hurts the community which is where my 'hands off' approach does end.

I'm not saying I'm perfect or don't make mistakes, but I think overall this sytem is run very fair and treats everyone that has ever logged into it equally and with respect. Hell, there are plenty of people here that had TERRIBLE reps on the usenet but have been great assets to this sytem because I gave everyone an even break. Still, if you want to beat me up, fine but do it in a message because I honestly don't think anyone else cares to read it.

Now back to the issue at hand. What happened today was just a big misunderstanding more than likely, but it's a misunderstanding that got blown out of proportion and spilled into areas it shouldn't because of a lack of communication. Sure my policy is if you leave in a huff I may ask for an explination if you return. Is that slightly unreasonable? Maybe, but sue me it's my board and I'm allowed to take some minor liberties. I'm not asking for anyone to beg for access nor am I being a dick, I'm just reserving the right to ask what's up? Nobody was "denied" access here, nobody was maligned.. I just wanted to make sure everything was cool before things continued. If you have a major problem with this I ask that you take a piece of paper and write it down under "Things about the Village that piss me off" and add "number six asked spencer if he was still done with the system before he let him post resulting in a 2 hour delay in access because number six is a penis" but then take that same piece of paper and make a column and call it "All the things the Village has done for me" and make sure you include all the free tech support, heads up on deals, product reviews and just general entertainment that you've received here.. all for not one dime Then take that piece of paper and see which is greater. If you still find that the negatives out weigh the positives then I don't know what to tell you.

So with that lets return to our regularly scheduled program as it were. The only person unwelcome here is that jerk who tried to do a paypal chargeback on me because a SF2 pcb I sold him had a slightly rounded corner (long story) -- that's the only person banned. Everyone else is fine, let's just get back to the Games which is presumably why we're all here anyway..

Offline Mole

• Blah
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 09:39:39 PM »

The Pinball Asylum:

Offline Greywolf

• Show Organizer
  • Level 8: Psi Corps
    • Free Play Services
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 10:58:28 PM »
It's not the same without the techno-kitty :)

72 Pins, 43 Vids, 3 EM gun games, Coke Vendo 110, Rowe & Rockola jukeboxes, Erie Digger, and 1 novelty redemption piece.

Moving games throughout Florida for the collector community.

Free Play Florida

Offline Miracleman

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 12:46:59 AM »
Just got home from seeing THE INCREDIBLE HULK sneak preview out at Universal.
It was as good as Iron Man! (almost)