Author Topic: TBPL Monthly @ Replay 1/15  (Read 3179 times)

Offline jbeam

• Level 3: Hologram
TBPL Monthly @ Replay 1/15
« on: January 03, 2017, 08:09:31 AM »
Happy New Year!

Tournament Date: January 15th, 2016

Come join the Tampa Bay Pinball League for our monthly tournament, which is held every third Sunday. Doors open at 11am, and we will start promptly at 2pm. Total cost of the tournament will be $20, with $10 going towards entry and $10 going to the pot.

We will be using the group knockout format with 3 strikes again. Bottom 2 players in each group will receive a strike (4 Player group = 3rd/4th get strikes. 3 Player group = 2nd/3rd get strikes)

Tournament will begin PROMPTLY at 2PM.

This will be for IFPA points.

Replay Amusement Museum
 119 Tarpon Ave
 Tarpon Springs, Florida
 (727) 233-8490
 https://www.facebook.com/replaymuseum
 PINS: 40+
 Time: 2pm

Village: http://www.villagebbs.com/forum/index.php/board,42.0.html
 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/117052878385252

Offline ratsflif

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • All your base
Re: TBPL Monthly @ Replay 1/15
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 10:00:35 AM »
We are not having this at the alternate location in Tarpon?

Offline Marshall

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • LittleShopOfGames.com
    • Little Shop of Games | 24 Hour Arcade
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 01:20:35 PM »

Did a recon trip the day after Christmas and was pleasantly surprised. AND admission is only $2.00 for unlimited play. A few machines were down, but plenty of fun to be had!

Little Shop Of Games / LSOG | Florida’s Pinball Showroom and Parts Storefront and Authorized Stern, Jersey Jack and Chicago Gaming Company Distributors. We Buy, Sell, RENT and Trade New and Used Pinball Machines and ship Parts and Games Worldwide!

LittleShopOfGames.com | 24HourArcade.com
24408 State Road 54, Lutz, FL 33559
SHOP: 813-944-4900 | Cell: 813-951-1602 | MON - FRI 11-7

Offline Sid

• @!#?@!
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 01:31:08 PM »
Damn it!  I knew that I was forgetting to do something.  Looks pretty clean in the pictures.
C.B.B.B.M. @!#?@!

Phil.

Offline jbeam

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 01:08:21 PM »

We'll discuss it at the meetup. If everyone is serious about it, I will contact the owners to make sure they are cool with 20ish of us showing up.

Offline Marshall

• LittleShopOfGames.com
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 02:29:34 PM »
We'll discuss it at the meetup. If everyone is serious about it, I will contact the owners to make sure they are cool with 20ish of us showing up.

Sounds like a plan. I asked him if he'd be cool with 20 people showing up at once and he said most definitely. There is also a separate bathroom, like the one at Replay, after the pay gate in the hall adjacent to the pinball room.

See you on the 15th!
Little Shop Of Games / LSOG | Florida’s Pinball Showroom and Parts Storefront and Authorized Stern, Jersey Jack and Chicago Gaming Company Distributors. We Buy, Sell, RENT and Trade New and Used Pinball Machines and ship Parts and Games Worldwide!

Offline bdpinball

• Insert your Quarter and Keep on Flippin'
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 08:44:59 AM »
If you're planning on getting ANY sizable group in that room, I think you're going to have to get them to address the AC situation in that room.  Been there twice in the evening and after a little while with ONE person It gets pretty styling. 

I love that place, only I'm not sure who/when they're servicing these games but there were a few of them that were out of order and turned off.

I am going to go to one of these events if I have to camp out at Replay that week so I do t space it out and forget to go that day.

-Brian
"Can't we all just play Pinball?"

Offline MRK

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 10:53:52 AM »
I must be missing something here.

I am planning to head on over with Nick for the tournament. We have been to Replay a couple of times but it sounds like there is a different place for this month?

Was there something that happened? Almost sounds like there may have been damage and there is a smaller place that you are heading to.
Pins: High Speed, Shaq Attaq, NIght Moves, Caribbean Cruise, Roy Clark, Journey Virtual Pin

Arcades: Arkanoid, M.A.M.E.

Offline Marshall

• LittleShopOfGames.com
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 11:10:22 AM »
I must be missing something here.

I am planning to head on over with Nick for the tournament. We have been to Replay a couple of times but it sounds like there is a different place for this month?

Was there something that happened? Almost sounds like there may have been damage and there is a smaller place that you are heading to.

This month's meetup is at Replay. We are just kicking around the idea of a different venue for February. It is an adult video store with a separate back room with pinball machines charging $2.00 for all you can play that is located a couple blocks south of Tarpon road on US 19.

Offline Cigboat

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 05:08:41 PM »
I went to check this place out today. Several machines were turned off, and several of them had mechanical scoring problems and lighting problems. I don't think the machines are suitable for a tournament. I know somebody is working on they are Clean Playing field in the flippers are strong, but they have a lot of electrical /electronics problems.

Offline bdpinball

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2017, 01:02:23 PM »
They have an interesting take on the Pin-Modification to the standard Harbor Freight Lift Table.  I used the Pipe Fittings at a 45 degree angle solution.  It works okay.  This guy though, has put some industrial-like springs where the Flexing needs to take place.  When he's done he can just fold the spring all the forward and the whole thing fits under a pin.  Pretty Cool!

I'd like to meet the guy though.. He's got a pretty nice collection.  But yes, it seems like some of these games are not in 100% working order.  It really reminds me of my game room, except mine has a better air conditioner.

-Brian

Offline Marshall

• LittleShopOfGames.com
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2017, 03:15:34 PM »
I went to check this place out today. Several machines were turned off, and several of them had mechanical scoring problems and lighting problems. I don't think the machines are suitable for a tournament. I know somebody is working on they are Clean Playing field in the flippers are strong, but they have a lot of electrical /electronics problems.

Agreed their collection needs a tuneup before having an "official" meetup / points event, but
 the potential is there, and the selection of games many folks haven't played is worth the admission.

Tomorrow after the Replay meetup, I will be hosting a TBPL afterparty at the Adult Pinball Museum.
Buy a 24 Hour Arcade t-shirt for $10 and get in free!

Offline jbeam

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 09:44:50 AM »
Thanks everyone who came out, Congrats to Nick, Well played. Here are the final results.

https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=16076#

Offline bdpinball

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2017, 03:04:10 AM »
They've done away with the $2.00 admission.  It's free now, but I noticed some of the better games, Big Hurt for instance didn't have any credits, and I didn't seem to find a way to add any besides putting quarters into it.  Seems like if they do it this way, where you have to put quarters in, don't they have to get the regular license stickers for each of the games then?

-Brian

Offline Marshall

• LittleShopOfGames.com
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2017, 03:18:43 AM »
If intentionally charging, I would say yes.

If there were no credits and you put quarters in to resolve the issue rather than ask the clerk to put them on for you, then it's the same as some of the games at Replay that do not have free play modes and need to occasionally be "loaded up".

It was free when we stopped by after the last meetup too. Wonder which channel the pinball room is on?

Maybe the camera is live streaming to an obscure fetish website where watching people play pinball at all hours is a financially rewarding venture!