Author Topic: Sebastian's temple knockout tornament april 9th  (Read 3656 times)

Offline sebacoqui

• Level 3: Hologram
  • everybody knows
Re: Sebastian's temple knockout tornament april 9th
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2017, 01:31:25 PM »
UPDATE 4 PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE !!!
Sebastian's Temple knockout pinball tournament April 9
here is the list of the 24 people already RSVP, if you are not in the list and you want to participate let me know and I'll add you to the WAITING LIST !!!
.-Joel Cohen
.-Carlos Porta
.-Mark
.-Nick
.-Ryan
.-Al Newman
.-Tatiana Mora
.-Sebastian Bobbio
.-Dave Kirsammer
.-Dave Paz
.-Jeff Palmer
.-Eric Leon
.-John beagle
.-Cecelia Beagle
.-Hakan Daniel Bengtsson
.-Ron M. Donohue
.-Julia Newman
.-Dilayla Lima
.-Marcel Gonzalez
.-Brenda Reed
.-Donny White
.-Scott Bratton
.-Ed
.-Madison
EBD, BK, Superman, Pinball Magic, TWD, Fireball '72, GoT , Amazing Spiderman , Frontier, hulk, IM,JP

Offline Cigboat

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2017, 02:20:04 PM »
Hey Sebastian, question is there a cheap place to stay close to you?

Offline sebacoqui

• everybody knows
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 08:58:46 AM »

YOU HAVE UNTIL TODAY 10:00 PM TO CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE , IF WE NOT RECEIVE YOUR CONFIRMATION
YOU WILL BE REMOVE AND THE WAITING LIST PEOPLE WILL BE OPEN , STAY TUNED

Sebastian's Temple knockout pinball tournament April 9
EBD, BK, Superman, Pinball Magic, TWD, Fireball '72, GoT , Amazing Spiderman , Frontier, hulk, IM,JP

Offline deadlander

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2017, 01:45:41 PM »
Sebastian Julia and I will be there looking forward to visiting your collection.
Regards
Al
Danny,  there's a lot of.... Well badness in the world today. I see it in the court everyday. I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber.... didn't want to do it.... felt I owed it to them.

Offline MRK

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2017, 04:28:36 PM »
Nick and I are still planning on attending.
Pins: High Speed, Shaq Attaq, NIght Moves, Caribbean Cruise, Roy Clark, Journey Virtual Pin

Arcades: Arkanoid, M.A.M.E.

Offline notime2play

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2017, 12:19:37 AM »
Thank you Sebastian & Tatiana for hosting a nice event Sunday. Congrats Sebastian, Carlos, and Jeff. Love the trophies. JB & CB.

Offline tktlwyr

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • Lord of the Slings
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2017, 06:53:30 AM »
Thanks, Tatiana and Seba!

Had a blast despite an early departure from the tournamament. :)

Congrats to the top 4!
David Paz
AFMrSE, Eight Ball, Flash Gordon, FFPre, GZPre, Hot Tip, IMDNLE, IM, Joker Poker, Paragon, Pulp Fiction: Bad Mother Flipper Edition, Rush LE, WW and Wild Card

Offline Cigboat

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2017, 07:27:09 AM »
Thank you so much Sebastian and Titiana for hosting this event. What a great lineup of games some of them I have never played before. Congrats to the top four and the trophies were phenomenal !!! Scott B

Offline DK

• Level 10: Timelord
  • Account retired
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2017, 11:19:54 AM »
I had a great time. Thank you Sebas and Tatiana!

Offline deadlander

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2017, 11:49:00 AM »
Sebastian,
  Wow fantastic time once again. Julia and I had a great time. Awesome collection! Your contact is stunning, first one I have seen in public. My only regret was not being able to play it.  Tourney was well run thanks to Sebastian and Donnie for making it happen. Also fun watching the papa coverage in between rounds. Fun to hear what other player notice watching the big guys play.  Thanks to Tatiana for the bountiful and delicious spread you guys know how to host a party!  Looking forward to next years event Julia really enjoyed the competition. I'm hopeing she starts playing more tournaments.
Thanks again,
Al
Danny,  there's a lot of.... Well badness in the world today. I see it in the court everyday. I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber.... didn't want to do it.... felt I owed it to them.

Offline sebacoqui

• everybody knows
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2017, 03:06:11 PM »
Thanks everyone for coming!!!! :) :) :)
Special when lit thanks to Donny for your help and teach me when the major malfunction happens!!!

Sebastian & Tatiana

Offline pinballcorpse

• Level 10: Timelord
  • Join the Dark Side: Play Tournament Pinball
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2017, 04:04:58 PM »

Special when lit thanks to Donny for your help and teach me when the major malfunction happens!!!

Sebastian & Tatiana

Since it was brought up here-

For the record, the call made to restart the final 4 game after a power failure was incorrect. What I was describing when asked "what do we do" was in fact what should have been done, but since I was involved in the finals match, as was Sebastian who was the TD, we all agreed to let a third party make the call and we all accepted it.  Even though I was winning the match at that point, it really was not that big a deal from my perspective to press the issue with my friends about it even though it was for points, trophies and money. 

But since we are all trying to learn and want the best most accurate experience:  for future reference here is the exact wording from IFPA of how to deal with a catastrophic failure that includes a power loss which is exactly what we had

5. Catastrophic Malfunctions

A catastrophic malfunction is any event, not caused by a player, which immediately ends play for all players on the machine.
Examples of catastrophic malfunctions include:

The game system crashes and/or resets due to a software error or component failure.
Power is lost or interrupted.
A new game starts.
A major malfunction repeatedly recurs in spite of attempts to repair the machine.
Any event caused by a player, intentionally or unintentionally, including Slam Tilts, is covered under “Player Errors” below.

When a catastrophic malfunction occurs, if the scores are able to be recorded, players will be provided the appropriate number of additional ball(s) of play on a new game once the machine has been repaired. If the scores are not retrievable, players will be forced to start their game over. No attempt will be made to estimate scores, or reestablish state, at any time.

If a machine affected by catastrophic malfunction cannot be repaired in order to continue play, it is considered disabled; please see “Disabled Machines”.

----
The 4 scores were immediately displayed when the power came back on, but the game was "over". So the scores were retrievable. 

So as I said in the match, players 1 through 3 had already played 2 balls and those are history. Record the scores and players 1 through 3 get exactly one ball to play.  That 1 ball score for each player is added to the recorded score.  All progress to that point is lost and cannot be re-established.

Player 4 was in the middle of his second ball.  Since he was still playing when power cut out, he gets 2 balls to play to add to his recorded score.  All progress to that point is lost.   

Hope that helps in future cases.   

-Jeff

“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend

Offline dskirsa

• Level 1: Arrival
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2017, 10:38:27 AM »
Thanks for hosting Sebastian!  Love your collection! 

Great getting to know more members of the community too! 

-Dave K

Offline MRK

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2017, 11:57:36 AM »
Thank you for hosting. It is always fun to see the collections of other enthusiasts. That's the first time I have played the "Pub" machine. Neat game.

Thanks again for opening your place for others to play your collection.
Pins: High Speed, Shaq Attaq, NIght Moves, Caribbean Cruise, Roy Clark, Journey Virtual Pin

Arcades: Arkanoid, M.A.M.E.