Author Topic: Hooray for Sebastian and Ron!  (Read 1059 times)

Offline NormaJ

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Hooray for Sebastian and Ron!
« on: August 01, 2017, 04:07:16 PM »
What great performances at Pinburgh by Sebastian and Ron D.! Wow! That must have been an exciting weekend for you guys. Both made the final rounds!

And more great performances from Eric Stone, Howard Levine and Sunshine Bon (who took 2nd in the C Division!) Did I miss anyone? I hope not.

I wish I could have seen you guys show the world what Florida pinball is about! Maybe see you next year.

Offline pinballcorpse

• Level 10: Timelord
  • Join the Dark Side: Play Tournament Pinball
Re: Hooray for Sebastian and Ron!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 09:56:09 PM »
There were quite a few players from Florida playing in Pinburgh.

4 officially declared FLiPS affiliation; (Brian Dominy, Donny White, Ron Donohue, Sebastian Bobbio) but I think we could have had more. Dave Paz told me that he didn't even find out about choosing an affiliation until almost the end of the tourney.  I suspect Tatiana Mora would have signed up for FLiPS as well had she known-she is certainly a supporter of the club :)

I noted that Lauren Emmel. actually scored better than Joe Geneau over the weekend-they represented 904 SBR.  Pretty impressive run for both.  Dan Werry did pretty well in his division.  He probably didn't know about choosing an affiliation. I suspect he would have chosen 904 SBR         

Dan Coyle of TBPL had an amazing run on Day 1 finishing 14th out of 800.

Several of the other Florida players (Dan Spolar, Patrick Shatzer, Skyler Johnson, Eric Stone.) chose Project Pinball as their affiliation.

“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend

Offline sebacoqui

• Level 3: Hologram
  • everybody knows
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 10:26:58 AM »
Thanks Norma !!!!!, the answer is yes, I played very well and feel stupendous with my flippers skills , I have bitten Jason Werdrick 4 times in a row ( where I won the medallion ). I played with Colin Macalpine twice , and I survived.
Thanks again
Sebastian
EBD, BK, Superman, Pinball Magic, TWD, Fireball '72, GoT , Amazing Spiderman , Frontier, hulk, IM,JP

Offline tktlwyr

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • Lord of the Slings
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 11:27:01 AM »
I have bitten Jason Werdrick 4 times in a row.

I guess the lesson for today is don't play Seba or you will be bitten!   ;D
David Paz
AFMrSE, Eight Ball, Flash Gordon, FFPre, GZPre, Hot Tip, IMDNLE, IM, Joker Poker, MMrSE, Paragon, Pulp Fiction: Bad Mother Flipper Edition, Rush LE, and Wild Card

Offline NormaJ

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 01:36:26 PM »
I try to avoid unexpected bites from individuals.

PS: I am sorry not to have mentioned all the rest of you guys who actually boarded a plane just to play pinball. I am hoping all my Amazon stock goes to $10,000 so I can retire and join you!

Offline PinFever

• Level 9: Grid Champion
    • Pc Gamers Battle company ( OUTLAW )
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 06:41:36 PM »
Well Done all of you ! Traveling distances to compete in blood curling events are not for everybody but most of you got it down to a science. Congrats and keep up the good skills   :)  /

You do not need to retire. Most of the names mentioned here are still hard working individuals Norma J 
Thanks Norma !!!!!, the answer is yes, I played very well and feel stupendous with my flippers skills , I have bitten Jason Werdrick 4 times in a row ( where I won the medallion ). I played with Colin Macalpine twice , and I survived.
Thanks again
Sebastian

Offline getyourselfahotdog

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 09:49:39 PM »
Congratulations to the Flips crew! It was great seeing and playing with all the Florida players.
Thanks Jeff for the props, for everything that went right on Thursday went the complete opposite on Friday. I need some major help with the mini flipper era type games! I'll really be watching closely next visit at the Asylum trying to pick up a few tips.

I hope to see you next year Michelle, I'll be rooting for your Amazon stock to keep heading north!