Author Topic: How to mount a wall game?  (Read 1262 times)

Offline tpr

• Level 1: Arrival
How to mount a wall game?
« on: October 05, 2017, 06:00:45 PM »
I managed to track down a Midway Table Tennis and it is on the way to me now.  I wanted to get the materials I would need to mount it properly.  Below is a picture the seller sent me of the mounting bracket on the back.

Those of you who have mounted these games to a wall before, what is the best way to go about doing it?  Keeping in mind I have a fairly empty will that it will go on and there are plenty of studs in the wall I can use to mount to.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Offline FUNWIZ

• Level 10: Timelord
Re: How to mount a wall game?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 06:41:57 PM »
Adding safety cables at the top won't hurt either. 
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Chicago Gaming, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline Rich Jax

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • ...and sometimes the baar eats you.
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 06:56:17 PM »
Make a french cleat using some washers and flat stock from Home Depot or Lowes.  Make sure your screws hit the studs.

Offline MilitiaMan

• Show Organizer
  • www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 01:56:19 PM »
Make a french cleat using some washers and flat stock from Home Depot or Lowes.  Make sure your screws hit the studs.

You and your fancy carpentry words ...  :P

Current Barn Want List: Quantum, Timber, Star Castle, Zookeeper, Congo Bongo, Journey, Black Widow, Warlords C/T, Williams Duramold, Nibbler or Eyes.

Hit me up if you have any of these for sale, complete, project, or otherwise.

Offline WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • It's showtime!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 02:09:07 PM »

My stepfather hangs all the cabinets he makes this way. Simple to do and it’s been around a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline wolowizard

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 07:36:24 PM »
 + 1 for the french cleat.  Look it up on Youtube.  You could also build a nice shelf , held securely with wall anchors and/ or studs.  You could extend the shelf to make room for a couplo beers and you are in business (like a mini bar ).  Make sure you mount a small metal angle at the top to secure it to the wall.  Good luck to ya.
current pins:   Rush prem, TMNT prem , BKSOR prem, JP prem, AV infinity quest prem, IMDN prem, DP prem, Mando Pro, GZ prem...and a Stargate Arcade and a handful of Arcade 1 ups

Offline brewmeister_us

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 08:05:45 AM »
Those Bally wall mount games from the mid 70's are pretty cool.  I never remember seeing one in the wild, but still cool. 

Someone in Gainesville had two of them for sale several months back.  I don't know where they ended up, but I didn't have room in the vehicle when I was up there to grab them and bring them home. 
Putting the "fun" in dysfunction every day...

Offline k7

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 10:56:40 AM »
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline jmsvero

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2017, 07:40:14 PM »
I have the dart version of that game called "Bullseye".
It is for sale if anyone is interested.
Jeff
Ace High,Air Way(2),Ballyhoo(2),Baffle Ball,Bank-A-Ball,Brokers Tip,Bumper,Canon Fire Jr.,Contact Master,Criss Cross A Lite,Daisy,Drop Kick,Five Star Final,Flash SR.,Fleet(2),Flying Colors Jr,Golden Gate,Good Luck,Goofy,Harvest Moon,Hi Ball,Hunter,Jockey Club,Leland,Lightning,Majestic Jr.,Mat-Cha-Skor,Merry Go Round,Mills Official Pin Table,Mini Mills,Oh Yeah,One-Two-Three,Pearl Harbor,Play-Boy,Pla-Girl,Polo,Pros-Per-E-Ti,Rainbow,Rambler,Red&Blue,Scoop,Sensation,Signal,Silver Cup,Sky Ride,Sprint,Stevo Ball,Tip Top,Traffic,Whirl -It,Wild Widow,World series