Author Topic: Room @ the Inn ??  (Read 4101 times)

Offline stevenp

• Level 3: Hologram
Re: Room @ the Inn ??
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2017, 10:00:07 PM »
Just booked at Doubletree (minutes ago!) for Fri-Sat nites for $186 total, 2 ppl King bed. Searched thru Trivago, it took me to hotelpower.com for the booking, found a hotelpower code for $10 off $150.

Also, happy to give a ride to anyone who wants to leave WPB/Boynton area Friday morning and come back Sunday eve.  Heck, open to sharing the room too! (King-sized bed, I sleep close to 1 edge...)

PM me if you want a ride or to share the room.
Pins: LOTR LE (NIB), LWJP (NIB), CV (NIB), WPT, Iron Maiden Premium, Spiderman, SST, LAH, Demo Man, WWFRR, Rollergames, Wild Fyre, Comet, Stars, Gold Strike x2, Delta Queen, Freefall, Rio, Super Straight, Mars Trek, 2001, Crosstown, Gulfstream, Bubbles (Genco 1947).

Vids: JROK MultiWMS, ArcadeSD cocktail, Lost Tomb.

Offline IlikeGame

• Level 5: Power User!
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2017, 08:56:48 AM »
Sorry to hear about that price. I booked throught Hotwire.

Offline WannaTheater

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 07:19:02 PM »
Just tried to book doubletree-
Sold out Friday.
Saturday like $180.  Website not showing FPF rate available.
Will do a better search later when I get in front of a real computer.

I guess thats what you get waiting until the last minute-
Pins: Iron Maiden, The Addams Family, Simpsons Pinball Party, Fish Tales, Goldeneye, Terminator 2, No Fear
Arcade: Galaga (MAME), Ice Cold Beer, Defender (JROK-multi), Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr

Offline stevenp

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2017, 08:18:35 PM »
See my post above. Can't help any more than that, unless I actually book the room for you. ;)
Pins: LOTR LE (NIB), LWJP (NIB), CV (NIB), WPT, Iron Maiden Premium, Spiderman, SST, LAH, Demo Man, WWFRR, Rollergames, Wild Fyre, Comet, Stars, Gold Strike x2, Delta Queen, Freefall, Rio, Super Straight, Mars Trek, 2001, Crosstown, Gulfstream, Bubbles (Genco 1947).

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2017, 08:13:55 AM »
Thanks.  I am always hesitant about bulk travel sites, but i will give it a shot.
Pins: Iron Maiden, The Addams Family, Simpsons Pinball Party, Fish Tales, Goldeneye, Terminator 2, No Fear
Arcade: Galaga (MAME), Ice Cold Beer, Defender (JROK-multi), Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr

Offline IlikeGame

• Level 5: Power User!
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2017, 01:15:58 PM »
Thanks.  I am always hesitant about bulk travel sites, but i will give it a shot.

Never skerd. Iv used them all so much in my travels. I also love airbnb! I have never had an issue. Last time I checked airbnb in Orlando you could get a condo for like $120 but can't promise location. I live about 1.5 hr away but want time to adventure outside of the event. For example there is a place called Chocolate Kingdom really close by.

Offline Mando

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2017, 09:34:12 PM »
I see the deal as well but several complaints online about hotelpower I’d hate to get there and not have a room !

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2017, 08:14:19 AM »
I travel about 3 weeks out of every month for work.  More than once I've seen people turned away due to availibility even though they had 3rd party reservations.  The hotel's position: "Not our problem.  You didn't book with us."  Hence my hesitation about bulk travel sites....

Hotel Power (through Trivago) is still showing the deal-  Yet Hilton direct online, a call to the front desk, and a call to Hilton central reservations, is stating there is no inventory for Friday night.  No rooms means no rooms- These 3rd party aggregators are not pre-buying blocks of rooms to resell.  Couple that with bad reviews, you must prepay, no refund if you cancel after 11/10, or pay an extra fee to "allow you" an 80% refund if you cancel by 11/15 makes this a pretty unattractive option to me.

StevenP- You got a smokin' deal.  I am not trying to be all gloom-and-doom, but I would call the Doubletree directly to make sure you have a reservation and get a confirmation number.  It would suck to get an email 2 days before stating otherwise or not have a room on arrival.

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2017, 08:07:12 AM »
Been checking daily, and last night some rooms opened up for Friday night.  I'm set!

Offline MilitiaMan

• Show Organizer
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2017, 03:25:24 PM »
For example there is a place called Chocolate Kingdom really close by.

This place sounds perfect for you, Greg.

Current Barn Want List: Quantum, Timber, Star Castle, Zookeeper, Congo Bongo, Journey, Black Widow, Warlords C/T, Williams Duramold, Nibbler or Eyes.

Hit me up if you have any of these for sale, complete, project, or otherwise.

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2017, 08:40:10 PM »
Mmmmmmm.  Chocolate. 

Offline stevenp

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2017, 10:41:41 PM »
I travel about 3 weeks out of every month for work.  More than once I've seen people turned away due to availibility even though they had 3rd party reservations.  The hotel's position: "Not our problem.  You didn't book with us."  Hence my hesitation about bulk travel sites....

Hotel Power (through Trivago) is still showing the deal-  Yet Hilton direct online, a call to the front desk, and a call to Hilton central reservations, is stating there is no inventory for Friday night.  No rooms means no rooms- These 3rd party aggregators are not pre-buying blocks of rooms to resell.  Couple that with bad reviews, you must prepay, no refund if you cancel after 11/10, or pay an extra fee to "allow you" an 80% refund if you cancel by 11/15 makes this a pretty unattractive option to me.

StevenP- You got a smokin' deal.  I am not trying to be all gloom-and-doom, but I would call the Doubletree directly to make sure you have a reservation and get a confirmation number.  It would suck to get an email 2 days before stating otherwise or not have a room on arrival.

hmmmm... hope everyone checks this forum friday afternoon just in case, or I may be sleeping in my car! Seriously, thanks for the heads-up. Never had a problem with 3rd-party reservations before and will definitely check next week to confirm.

Offline stevenp

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2017, 05:05:43 PM »
Well, I called today to check and Doubletree confirmed my reservation.  No worries here!

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2017, 05:59:21 PM »
Well, I called today to check and Doubletree confirmed my reservation.  No worries here!
Good to hear!  Better safe than sorry.

Offline stevenp

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2017, 10:43:04 PM »
Yup. Got lucky with a good deal. Still willing to split room if anyone is looking for lodging.