Author Topic: Lost in Space Trailer  (Read 6123 times)

Offline SpineyNorman

• Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • I'll have Double Jim Bourbons
Re: Lost in Space Trailer
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2018, 11:16:57 AM »
I take it you did not like it when they changed Catwoman from Julie Newmar to Eartha Kitt.   :)

Julie Newmar was a GODDESS...

Eartha Kitt was a scrub...

What's your point?  ;)
TANSTAAFL 

I'm available for parties, own my own donkeys. Very clean.
If you can read the forum you can figure out Craigslist, constant updates are tedious at best

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer?
Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

Offline RussG

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2018, 03:57:52 AM »
Yeah I remember as as a very young kid seeing Julie Newmar in reruns in the mid and late 70's  I was enamored.
She was smoking. Never much liked that show though, ever. Too campy for me. She was one of the best things about it.

Offline CUJO

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2018, 12:22:57 PM »
Here's the Lost in Space unsold 2004 pilot that will hold you until Netflix releases the new show...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAT4tjjzOCk

It would appear that Judy got a promotion to First Officer on The Orville...
Am I right?
Current Pins: ST:PRO,MET:PRO, SOUTH PARK, WOZECLE#947, BOP, FGY, TSPP, ST:TNG, KINGS OF STEEL, FRANKENSTEIN, DM, PHARAOH, LOST IN SPACE, STINGRAY, WCS94, METEOR, SPACE JAM, AMIGO, POPEYE, ALIEN POKER, CAVEMAN, HOUDINI, DILE#0829, MBrLE#0566, IM PRO, RUSH PRO, CCRLE#327
Video:  Vertical/ w/BABYSTAR 465 in 1 BOARD
Past Pins: Shaq Attaq, X-Files, Space Station #1, WhoDunnit?, Space Mission, Bally Lost World, Space Station #2, MotorDome

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2018, 10:28:03 AM »
! No longer available

OK so Parker Posey is Dr. Smith and the Robot is now an Alien.

I mean.. when you do a completely new remake I guess it's best to distance yourself from the original as best you can while trying to retain the core essence. If it's not different then what's the point? But obviously at the same time if it's too different also, what's the point?

We'll have to see how this goes.

Offline HammysHangout ( Hammy )

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2018, 10:43:41 AM »
i guess i should breakdown and pay for netflix  :-\
https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline scarabaeus

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2018, 12:53:17 PM »
i guess i should breakdown and pay for netflix  :-\

Or you can just mooch off of some else's account.  My father in-law has been doing this with our account for years.

Offline CUJO

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2018, 08:29:31 PM »
No "campy" LIS here. I'm looking forward to it. I hope the "robot" grows on you like Isacc did on The Orville.
The robot looks like a cross between ET + Alien.

You'll also notice they are flying in the Jupiter 18...if that is indeed their ship in the trailer.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 11:33:20 PM by CUJO »
Current Pins: ST:PRO,MET:PRO, SOUTH PARK, WOZECLE#947, BOP, FGY, TSPP, ST:TNG, KINGS OF STEEL, FRANKENSTEIN, DM, PHARAOH, LOST IN SPACE, STINGRAY, WCS94, METEOR, SPACE JAM, AMIGO, POPEYE, ALIEN POKER, CAVEMAN, HOUDINI, DILE#0829, MBrLE#0566, IM PRO, RUSH PRO, CCRLE#327
Past Pins: Shaq Attaq, X-Files, Space Station #1, WhoDunnit?, Space Mission, Bally Lost World, Space Station #2, MotorDome

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2018, 02:12:32 AM »
First season is out now - standard Netflix "all at once" release.

Production values are good, it's definitely a serious tone, not going for campy or comedy at all like the old show.

Only watched the first one so far, it's OK... good enough so that I'll watch a second one. The kids are all mildly annoying in their own ways, but not anywhere near as bad as kid characters can get on these shows.

Bill Mumy makes an amusing, brief cameo.

The whole thing is about unwrapping multiple intertwined mysteries - what was coming to earth, what was their original plan, what went wrong, where are they now, etc.

I like Molly Parker a lot, her character is a scientist, all the kid characters seem to be somewhere between bright and genius, but the father is a military meat-head kind of guy? Not an idiot but more the action-type, not a thinker. So what the hell made the mother have 3 kids (1 adopted, I assume) with that guy?

It has potential, and I don't have any great affection for the original series (and certainly not the 90s movie) so unlike Star Trek or Star Wars, I don't really give a shit if they change everything.

Offline Steve O

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2018, 05:32:25 AM »
I've seen the first 4 episodes.  Lot's of differences from the OS but they have some references to the original show such as the chariot and perimeter fencing.  The female characters are more in charge here, especially Molly Parker (who was great in Deadwood).  Major West has an odd choice for a pet and names it Debbie, another OS reference.  "Dr. Smith" is darker than the original Dr. Smith.  There is enough to keep me watching.

Offline CUJO

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2018, 02:32:51 PM »
Watched the first episode twice, then watched the second episode last night. I'm liking it so far.
Where was the Billy Mumy cameo? I missed it both times.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2018, 09:18:30 PM »
Just watched the first episode.. they should have called this Lost in Angst lol.

The Robinsons basically a broken home? Will Robinson smart but not capable? Other kids are eh.. seem smart but somewhat angsty and annoying. Father is a beat of a meat head for sure. Perhaps it's a more 'realistic' portrayal but I'm not 100% sure I want nor need that in a space adventure show. My biggest gripe though is the family doesn't really do anything in the first episode to help themselves. Every positive thing that happens does so by accident.

Right now the best character by far is the new Robot mainly because it does stuff so I have a reason to like it.

I'm not quitting on it yet, I'm hoping it will get better.. maybe when Parker Posey does more next episode.

Bill Mummy cameo was neat but wish he was more than a cameo.

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2018, 09:53:07 PM »
Watched the first episode twice, then watched the second episode last night. I'm liking it so far.
Where was the Billy Mumy cameo? I missed it both times.

He's Dr. Smith in the evacuation of the main ship. It's very brief. He appears in the 2nd episode in a photo too.

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2018, 09:57:22 PM »

Right now the best character by far is the new Robot mainly because it does stuff so I have a reason to like it.

I was willing to forgive the family's bumbling because they were trying, they were basically just in a fatal situation. I mean the girl did go down to get a power source, the water just froze before she could get it back. They were basically just screwed.

Problem with that is to get out of that situation, the robot becomes a literal deus ex machina right away. In the second episode it's even more-so - he slices, he dices, he steam-cleans!

Offline CUJO

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2018, 11:38:41 PM »
He's Dr. Smith in the evacuation of the main ship. It's very brief. He appears in the 2nd episode in a photo too.

Oh cool, did you pick that out yourself? I watched the first episode twice and missed that!
Show is good..No camp and certainly won't hold the interest of under 13 kids IMHO, not like the original show did (I was 8 or 9 then).
But I find it extremely fun to watch. Parkey Posey as Dr. Smith is one whacko portrayal for sure!

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2018, 12:20:37 AM »
Oh cool, did you pick that out yourself? I watched the first episode twice and missed that!
Show is good..No camp and certainly won't hold the interest of under 13 kids IMHO, not like the original show did (I was 8 or 9 then).
But I find it extremely fun to watch. Parkey Posey as Dr. Smith is one whacko portrayal for sure!

Yes, I knew who it was right away. I watched Babylon 5 too, back when that was on and he had a regular part in that as well, so I knew what he looked like as an adult (albeit in heavy makeup for the part).

I think I've seen him in something else between B5 and this too, sans makeup, but I can't remember what.