Author Topic: Your advice on WOZ, HOUDINI and DIALED IN  (Read 3016 times)

Offline freakandgeek

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
    • The GameRoom Blog
Re: Your advice on WOZ, HOUDINI and DIALED IN
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2018, 09:26:15 PM »
Not a huge fan of any of them...sad to say.

They all have too many flaws to make the cost worth it to me in my view -- and thus I would never consider buying them for home.

If you had to buy one...I would say Dialed In! It shoots the best by far. It really does shoot well and the others shoot pretty poorly (same layout designer who I pretty much never care for).

Dialed In! does a lot right...has some cool toys but something about the story line, voice acting, bland callouts, etc leave me wishing Pat had a better theme to build from. It just does not get my blood going at all. Ball times can go pretty long too.

Houdini has a lot of cool features, but I don't care for the way it shoots. Also it feels kind of cobbled together...some of the programming and software do not feel cohesive.

WoZ feels clunky to me. Don't like lighting. Not fun to shoot at all. Just is a very boring game to me. I cannot get into it. Lots of cool stuff...but in terms of fun factor it leaves me bored.

People knock on Stern...I used to also but they have put out some recent games that may not be pushing the edge like these in terms of new features -- but they are MUCH MORE FUN.

Aerosmith, Walking Dead, AC/DC, and even Ghostbusters (if modded a bit to fix the flaws in layout) are more fun to me.

I would also take T.N.A. over all of the games you mentioned.
http://GameRoomBlog.com
================================
Creature, WH20, Meteor, Fireball II, Godzilla, Rush, Foo Fighters

Offline CUJO

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2018, 12:05:49 AM »
Now that I’ve played Houdini, here’s my rankings:

1.  Dialed In
2.  WOZ
3.  Houdini

Booooo! LOL

I retract my Boooo! They are all great games. In the top 90% of desirable titles IMHO.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 09:42:42 AM by CUJO »
Current Pins: ST:PRO,MET:PRO, SOUTH PARK, WOZECLE#947, BOP, FGY, TSPP, ST:TNG, KINGS OF STEEL, FRANKENSTEIN, DM, PHARAOH, LOST IN SPACE, STINGRAY, WCS94, METEOR, SPACE JAM, AMIGO, POPEYE, ALIEN POKER, CAVEMAN, HOUDINI, DILE#0829, MBrLE#0566, IM PRO, RUSH PRO, CCRLE#327
Video:  Vertical/ w/BABYSTAR 465 in 1 BOARD
Past Pins: Shaq Attaq, X-Files, Space Station #1, WhoDunnit?, Space Mission, Bally Lost World, Space Station #2, MotorDome

Offline Centaur Brother

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2018, 08:05:59 AM »
Now that I’ve played Houdini, here’s my rankings:

1.  Dialed In
2.  WOZ
3.  Houdini
x2
The Pin Cave

"Keep On Flippin"