Author Topic: HyperV 1.5A  (Read 3306 times)

Offline IlikeGame

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
Re: HyperV 1.5A
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2019, 09:25:15 PM »
Thanks for all your work.

Is there a way to remove double games?
Sorry if this has been asked before.

Online Don Panetta aka 404

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2019, 08:30:43 AM »
Thanks for all your work.

Is there a way to remove double games?
Sorry if this has been asked before.

You mean clones or do you see some games doubled in the menu?

Online k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2019, 11:11:52 AM »
this is friggen great. :)

but ya...couple questions:

like ILikeGame asked, is there a cut/dry way to take out duplicates? i think there are 30 pacmans, just an example. if it's even killing off clones, that's an option.

and it's dumb, but i want to add 1 horizontal game to this setup...don't care about background graphics or any of that, just want the wheel to choose Game X, and it plays. :) . doable, or headache?

side note. 7zip sucks azz. i have no idea why, but it duplicated the downloaded (from Mega) .7z file. for some reason, it unzipped it to 16GB, same .7z format. then it did that again, at 25GB...went back to the basics, used winzip, worked perfectly with the full folder setup, as expected.

vertical setup, but i have to run windows at zero rotation, and hyperspin works fine. i don't think there is a way to actually rotate hyperspin from what i checked online. no biggie, just cntrl/alt/arrow key.

but man, what a great job. :)
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Offline stf

« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2019, 12:47:24 PM »
like ILikeGame asked, is there a cut/dry way to take out duplicates? i think there are 30 pacmans, just an example. if it's even killing off clones, that's an option.

Open HyperHQ > Wheel setting > choose Mame in the list > Navigation / Theme > Wheel filter: check the "parents only" box in the Wheel

Please note than most of your "normal" friends won't find Pac-Man in the Wheel, as it will only appear as Puckman.

I'm also pretty sure than some games are only here as bootlegs (no game is the parent in the database), so you should go to the database and make some manual corrections if you want to keep them after the change in hyperHQ.

I'm using Hyper-V in a 4 dir mame-cab (thank you again for the monitor Chris :)), so not that much games running on it. It's really much more beautiful than a 60in1, but also it has the Glob, my fav 4 dir vertical game.

and it's dumb, but i want to add 1 horizontal game to this setup...don't care about background graphics or any of that, just want the wheel to choose Game X, and it plays. :) . doable, or headache?

I'm gonna do a test with Tapper. As long as you don't try use a specific horizontal theme, it may work. Try to add the game manually in the database and of course the rom in the rom file.

And yes, incredible work!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 12:49:04 PM by stf »

Offline stf

« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2019, 12:50:14 PM »
Does anyone else has an issue with Galaga?
The only playable version for me is the Spanish bootleg one. Wich is very Miami when you think about it.

Online WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

• How many points is "TILT"?
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2019, 12:53:30 PM »
I think you can drop it in the XML pretty easily. If you don’t add a theme, it will the the default vertical one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It's showtime!

« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2019, 01:32:11 PM »
this is friggen great. :)

but ya...couple questions:

side note. 7zip sucks azz. i have no idea why, but it duplicated the downloaded (from Mega) .7z file. for some reason, it unzipped it to 16GB, same .7z format. then it did that again, at 25GB...went back to the basics, used winzip, worked perfectly with the full folder setup, as expected.

vertical setup, but i have to run windows at zero rotation, and hyperspin works fine. i don't think there is a way to actually rotate hyperspin from what i checked online. no biggie, just cntrl/alt/arrow key.

but man, what a great job. :)

Check what STF wrote. There is a drawback here as some games like PacMan are listed as clones (They classify Puckman as the original parent game) so just be warned.

Adding games is a bit of a pain. If you tell me what games you want i will add them to a custom XML for you and zip it up along with the roms.

PS: got your button out.

« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2019, 01:35:49 PM »
Does anyone else has an issue with Galaga?
The only playable version for me is the Spanish bootleg one. Wich is very Miami when you think about it.

I just redownloaded HyperV, unpacked it and tested Galaga Midway set1 and 2. it works fine. You must be running a very very old version of HyperV with the broken drivers. download the new one a few posts back.

Offline stf

« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2019, 10:44:55 PM »
I just redownloaded HyperV, unpacked it and tested Galaga Midway set1 and 2. it works fine. You must be running a very very old version of HyperV with the broken drivers. download the new one a few posts back.
Yes sir, will do. And add tapper to the xml too ;D

Online k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2019, 11:03:01 PM »
Yes sir, will do. And add tapper to the xml too ;D

and elevator action.  :)

such a nice layout. even came across littlewest's old issue on the 1.4 version, but easy fix...he needed to install the font which is in the hyperspin subfolder.

PS: got your button out.

thank you. ;)
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2019, 08:54:14 PM »
and elevator action.  :)

such a nice layout. even came across littlewest's old issue on the 1.4 version, but easy fix...he needed to install the font which is in the hyperspin subfolder.

thank you. ;)

The font isn't a hyperspin issue, its a windows permissions issue relating to RocketLauncher, a third party launcher utility that I bundled with this version of Hyperspin. If the error comes up theres nothing you can do but either install the font by hand or go into RocketLauncherUI and change the fade-in and out font used.

If you guys want any games added to your custom setup, send me a pm and I'll do it but i won't be publicly having them available. We'd end up snowballing half a dozen setups.

Kinda been itching to find an old beater vertical cab to put one final nail in this coffin and make one last major polished release.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 08:56:37 PM by Don Panetta aka 404 »