Author Topic: HyperV 1.5A  (Read 12439 times)

Offline Don Panetta aka 404

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Re: HyperV 1.5A
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2019, 05:02:23 PM »
but i think you cherry picked titles.

Not exactly cherry picked. The database contains every vertical game sans gambling, electro mechanical and titles that are flagged as having preliminary or non working emulation in mame. There's over 1,700 original titles and over 2500 if you include clones, bootlegs and regional variations.

I'm using a merged romset to save space so this audit is not easy to do because one zip could contain the original and bootleg titles. Here's a pastebin with most of the games. Unfortunately it just gives you the mame filenames but you get the idea.

https://pastebin.com/raw/qFDCngPQ

Offline davidgilmour

• Level 1: Arrival
Re: HyperV 1.9A
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2019, 05:40:34 PM »
Well its April 1 somewhere. official-ish readme

HyperV 1.9A
- Fixed some missing games and added more games: There's over 2500 vertical titles if you include clones,bootlegs and regional variations
- more videos
- more wheels
- new default theme
- more game info and clearer game info appearance
- ability to play more clones and regional variations
- disabled interstitial backgrounds and added over 100 hyperspin transitions. Games with no flyer will now show a default background instead of a random background.
- updated to mame 0.208 romset
- includes Arcade 0.208 32 bit (If you run a 64 bit OS, download and replace the 32 bit version with the 64 bit for better performance)
- fixed missing Konami 80's collection/gallery CHD

Again, if you find any issues please let me know.

Download:
https://mega.nz/#!WkUz2IbI!kgsHmthBRUZdnLOt4CHZkfTx4zwfkwOILz7w4EN-urE

Mirror:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/qvqd4axzje2hy82/HyperV19A.7z/file
Awesome, Don!
I am on holiday, will download it asap when I am home!

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2019, 06:11:31 PM »
Not exactly cherry picked. The database contains every vertical game sans gambling, electro mechanical and titles that are flagged as having preliminary or non working emulation in mame. There's over 1,700 original titles and over 2500 if you include clones, bootlegs and regional variations.

I'm using a merged romset to save space so this audit is not easy to do because one zip could contain the original and bootleg titles. Here's a pastebin with most of the games. Unfortunately it just gives you the mame filenames but you get the idea.

https://pastebin.com/raw/qFDCngPQ

that's all i need. :)  all about the klassics.
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Re: HyperV 1.9A
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2019, 06:52:47 PM »
Awesome, Don!
I am on holiday, will download it asap when I am home!

YOU MEAN YOU MADE ME DO ALL THIS FOR NOTHING!?!

;D ;D

that's all i need. :)  all about the klassics.

Like i said, it's not exactly cherry picked. it's essentially a wildcard filter of everything vertical that works to a reasonable degree in mame. The electro mechanical games omitted that have good hardware emulation could never work well in mame because they are missing hardware. baby Pac is an example. Naomi titles are also omitted because Naomi games in general in mame have crappy emulation and is flagged as flawed/non-working.

word of warning: There are some nude games in this release. 2 or 3 of them. 8-bit boobies. You've been warned.

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2019, 07:25:40 PM »
as long as it emulates a semi-decent vertical 60 in 1...lol.  ;D
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2019, 03:29:39 PM »
HyperV 1.9B Vertical Hyperspin + all roms+all media
- Fixed broken RocketLauncher path setting
- Fixed some missing games and added more games: There's over 2500 vertical titles if you include clones,bootlegs and regional variations
- more videos
- more wheels
- new default theme
- more game info and clearer game info appearance
- ability to play more clones and regional variations
- disabled interstitial backgrounds and added over 100 hyperspin transitions. Games with no flyer will now show a default background instead of a random background.
- updated to mame 0.208 romset
- includes Arcade 0.208 32 bit (If you run a 64 bit OS, download and replace the 32 bit version with the 64 bit for better performance)
- fixed missing Konami 80's collection/gallery CHD

Again, if you find any issues please let me know.

Download:
https://bit.ly/2Udw08L

Mirror:
https://bit.ly/2HS20cc

« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2019, 03:46:52 PM »
ThumB on klov noticed that FourPlay was missing. its a crappy bootleg but im not going to upload a new release just for this.

Here is the rom for those that still want it. Copy and paste the file to your /Emulators/MAME/Roms/ directory

https://bit.ly/2VecbuE

« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2019, 04:15:57 PM »
It's been one month and I've only gotten one bit of feedback over this. Don't wanna hear you guys cry when something else is missing or broken.   8)

Offline JaxGator

• Level 5: Power User!
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2019, 07:03:46 PM »
I downloaded it today and whenever I try to launch I get a rundll error. Looks like rocketlauncher is failing on launch for some reason.
Looking for working or complete but non working examples of: Dragon's Lair, Frogger, Joust or Multi-Williams in a Joust cab

« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2019, 10:04:43 PM »
I downloaded it today and whenever I try to launch I get a rundll error. Looks like rocketlauncher is failing on launch for some reason.

please post up your rocketlauncher.log located at /hyperV/Rocketlauncher

Offline JaxGator

« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2019, 02:58:38 PM »
Here you go
Looking for working or complete but non working examples of: Dragon's Lair, Frogger, Joust or Multi-Williams in a Joust cab

« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2019, 03:31:17 PM »
Here you go

What OS are you running? You should have .NET 4.0 installed and  VC++ 2010 installed.

See rocketlauncher requirements
http://www.rlauncher.com/wiki/index.php?title=RocketLauncher_Clean_Install#Requirements

Offline JaxGator

« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2019, 04:58:01 PM »
What OS are you running? You should have .NET 4.0 installed and  VC++ 2010 installed.

See rocketlauncher requirements
http://www.rlauncher.com/wiki/index.php?title=RocketLauncher_Clean_Install#Requirements

Win 10, but I dont have VC++ 2010 installed.. so, I guess thats why.  Attract mode looks cool, though.  I'll give it another go when I have a dedicated mame pc

Offline HFK

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2019, 07:53:52 PM »
I d/led when you posted it. I haven't seen any problems but haven't really run too much as I don't have a good setup for it right now. Everything I have tried worked well and it looks good too.

« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2019, 12:29:27 PM »
I d/led when you posted it. I haven't seen any problems but haven't really run too much as I don't have a good setup for it right now. Everything I have tried worked well and it looks good too.

thanks. just wanted to konw whether there was anything wonky about the build. I never tested it on a vertical cab and i don't even have a vertically oriented desktop to test it on.