Author Topic: Cathode/Skylord's Accident  (Read 20809 times)

Offline bobbzillah

• Level 3: Hologram
  • Not last!
Cathode/Skylord's Accident
« on: March 19, 2018, 04:41:14 PM »
On Monday March 12th, Skyler and his roommate Frank were riding bicycles in St. Pete,  when they were both horrifically plowed into by a Chevy Suburban and thrown several feet in the air. 

While both Skyler and Frank were injured, Skyler suffered the worst of the impact, with the Chevy Suburban directly impacting his legs and breaking several bones that have required screws and plates to mend back together.    :o

(For those keeping score at home, Skyler & Frank had the right-of-way)

Please Donate if you can and Share either way!

https://www.gofundme.com/skylerj

Offline Ron Donohue

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
    • My Gameroom
Re: Cathode/Skylord's Accident
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 07:19:50 PM »
Is there any way to send money directly to Skyler, rather than letting GoFundMe take a cut

Offline notime2play

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 07:48:54 PM »
Yes indeed. Not sure on exact amount they take. 10%??? Have they caught this asshole so they can sue his ass.

Offline bobbzillah

• Not last!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 01:06:04 PM »
Is there any way to send money directly to Skyler, rather than letting GoFundMe take a cut

Thank you Ron! I have sent a message to Skyler letting him know to contact directly you with his preferred method, paypal, venmo, ect. 

Offline bobbzillah

• Not last!
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 01:08:17 PM »
Yes indeed. Not sure on exact amount they take. 10%??? Have they caught this asshole so they can sue his ass.

I added a 10% tip for processing fees to my gofundme donation, Im okay with them making money off of my donation but definitely understand why others are not!

Offline Ron Donohue

• My Gameroom
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 02:01:39 PM »
No issue with them charging fees, but would prefer to see every dollar go to the person I want to help.  IF we do not figure out a direct way, I will donate using the link.

Offline HammysHangout ( Hammy )

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 02:53:22 PM »
Ron, all the proceeds will go to Skylar.

I just made a contribution myself. ( despite the fact i am trying to buy a home ) but Skylar is well worth the $$ ( not like he did something stupid like rob a bank and needs bail money )
https://www.coinopflorida.com | http://www.youtube.com/@hammysHangout | https://twitch.tv/HammysHangout

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact."-eeguru

pins:  R&M, AMH, RCT, DW, DE:ST
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, Reactor, Sega Uni, Linked OR2SP, APB, Crystal Castle, Cloak and Dagger, MSPAC, Space Duel, Gravitar, Tempest, Omega Race, Tutankham, Warlords [custom], Tron

Offline Ron Donohue

• My Gameroom
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 03:32:34 PM »
Bill, I recognize that all funds will go to Skyler, net of GoFundMe fees.  I was trying to get him all the money, with no fees.  Not really trying to cause a problem, just trying to make sure he gets the most he can.

Offline bobbzillah

• Not last!
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2018, 05:44:05 PM »
Ron, I instructed Skyler to contact you via Facebook, let me know if he has not or if that is a bad method and I will get you guys in touch with one another!

Offline Ron Donohue

• My Gameroom
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2018, 10:34:28 PM »
Skyler did get in touch with me and we worked out a way to provide direct assistance. Thanks for making the connection.