Author Topic: Lets talk Browns football :o ;)  (Read 1466 times)

Online weeze

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • 3 Inch Flippers are for the Sight Impaired!
Re: Lets talk Browns football :o ;)
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2019, 10:35:05 AM »
Ived bled blue for a very very long time. People are thinking this is going to be such a big boost its gonna improve the Browns something big time. I remember when the Giants got Burress and all these Giants fans were so impressed. THing was, anyone that followed the Steelers knew he was a cancer and boy he sure was. I believe OBJ is the same way. Hes definately got a loose screw, and lets remember , hes been hurt for 2 freaking years.
 I guess the onoly real question is why this so called GM for the Big Blue allowed his contrct to move along the way it did. Another insanely stupid move by a organization that is being run by the brothers of a football genius. Unfortunately, there is NO indication Wellington's expertise was inherited.
Current Pins and Stuff: Walking Dead "kill them walkers, yeah!", Hurdy Gurdy, Batter Up, Flipper Pool, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, Cherry Bell, Astro.
 Bally 873 slot machine
 Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
also have the revolving door going on so some games come and go!
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids and assorted other stuff.
 WTB: A decent KINGS&QUEENS with a GOOD playfield.

Offline TimothyC

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2019, 11:47:42 AM »
Browns fans must be happy that they got OBJ.  As a Giants fan, I am not sad that he is gone along with his antics.  The big problem for the Giants is all the dead money they now have because Gettleman gave OBJ a huge contract extension last year.  The Browns are getting one of the best WR in the league to go along with one of the best young QBs.

I'm thinking the price was too high for OBJ.  The guy is a head case and is somewhat injury prone so in spite of being fairly young still and the second best at his position when healthy (IMO), I don't know if giving up those pics to add another volatile piece to your locker room already filled with questionable character guys is going to work.  On paper it appears the Browns could have a truly special offense for years to come if Baker keeps developing, but assuming all those pieces are going to mesh and work out is potentially a pipe dream.  I mean, we're still talking about Cleveland here ;)

I'm rooting for them though and would love to see them be dominant, but I'll believe it when I see it :p 

Offline TheBatman

• Level 10: Timelord
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2019, 02:56:29 PM »
Well... As always I have no clue what to make of the Browns situation.  I pretty much hate Obj and his stupid whining and crying antics, but probably mostly because he was a Giant.  My friends point out I might like him a lot better once he starts making lots of catches for the Browns... but that could be a big IF as well. I was finally happy to be rid of the stupidity that is Josh Gordon, and then the Browns dive right back in and get both Kareem hunt and obj, so maybe something will work, and maybe nothing will work. Still, if he can keep his shit together he's definitely a better receiver than what they've had, so here's hoping he's not the spoiled little brat he's been in New York these past few years.

It's been reported that browns season tickets are already sold out with a thousand deep waiting list, so if you don't think Browns fans are crazy supportive and hungry to win think again. Lots of my Cleveland friends hope perhaps foolishly optimistic thinking playoffs and long shot Super Bowl hopes, but then again with the rest of the division on the downside and the Browns looking like they're on the upswing, and considering they just missed the playoffs by a game or two this past year, at least the playoffs shouldn't be out of reasonable expectation. It's really just good to see them being competitive again, and making a few smart moves, as In finally getting rid of Jackass Hue Jackson and getting better players at key positions that had been sorely needed. Just making decisions I can fucking UNDERSTAND and even agree with is a big improvement!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 03:01:17 PM by TheBatman »