Author Topic: Removing Coin Door Stern TWD for Powder Coating  (Read 445 times)

Offline wolowizard

• Level 6: Knight Industries
Re: Removing Coin Door Stern TWD for Powder Coating
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2018, 11:04:45 PM »
You can buy 1 lb from prismapowders for 20 bucks and 15  for shipping .  It will only take 1/2 lb to do all the parts.  I usually do the siderails , hinges , legs , lockbar and shooter housing.  Dont forget the shooter housing.  If you wanna be into it, you can do the bolt heads in matching color as well as wireforms and the PinCup bracket.  The coindoor can be tricky as there are usually blemishes that arise.  The hinge can sometimes flake off the powdercoat.  Plastic pieces cannot be powdercoated as the pieces go in a 400 degree oven for about an hour.  The total cost for all the main pieces is generally under 200 bucks including stripping .  Older williams games need new sidrerails as removing the old ones , they get bent because they are glued on with dbl stick tape.  Newer sterns , i buy the
 lollipop rails as they look better than the thin stock rails.  Hope this helps.  Chuck
current pins:   MMr,   AC/DC,   TWD prem ,  IMVE , MET , GOT,  GB prem,  KISS,  AS

Online PinRush

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2018, 11:26:48 PM »
You can buy 1 lb from prismapowders for 20 bucks and 15  for shipping .  It will only take 1/2 lb to do all the parts.  I usually do the siderails , hinges , legs , lockbar and shooter housing.  Dont forget the shooter housing.  If you wanna be into it, you can do the bolt heads in matching color as well as wireforms and the PinCup bracket.  The coindoor can be tricky as there are usually blemishes that arise.  The hinge can sometimes flake off the powdercoat.  Plastic pieces cannot be powdercoated as the pieces go in a 400 degree oven for about an hour.  The total cost for all the main pieces is generally under 200 bucks including stripping .  Older williams games need new sidrerails as removing the old ones , they get bent because they are glued on with dbl stick tape.  Newer sterns , i buy the
 lollipop rails as they look better than the thin stock rails.  Hope this helps.  Chuck

Chuck, really appreciate the advice. I ended up finding someone to do it but couldn't find near $200 so paid $400 with coin door/shooter housing included and him replacing my regular rails with 2 lollipop rails in Illusion Green which is the color I wanted and it's 2 stages. I'm a bit nervous about the coin door about flaking now, should I not mess with it? I will have this game in my collection for a very long time so i def don't want to do anything to make it look worse with chipping etc. but a nice powder coated coin door gives it a great look assuming it's able to stick fully. Never removed a coin door either.

By the way just put a nice bloody LED RV from you in the game looks great! I'll post some pics when it's done.
Pins: TWD Prem, ST Prem, BSD, MET Pro, IMVE

Online PinRush

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2018, 11:02:55 PM »
Decided against the coin door. Going to do everything but. Thanks for everyone who gave input.
Pins: TWD Prem, ST Prem, BSD, MET Pro, IMVE