Author Topic: Walking Dead topper  (Read 959 times)

Offline Pindaddy

• Level 3: Hologram
Walking Dead topper
« on: June 14, 2018, 12:47:13 PM »
I am interested in making a cool walking dead topper. If anyone has made their own topper could you share pictures so I can narrow in on what I might want to do? I saw a few cool ones with McFarlane TWD toys online and think that's what i want to do but i know there are probably some cool custom set-ups out there. Please share some pics .Thanks in advance.

Offline Pinsanity

• Level 5: Power User!
Re: Walking Dead topper
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 01:37:09 PM »
I am interested in making a cool walking dead topper. If anyone has made their own topper could you share pictures so I can narrow in on what I might want to do? I saw a few cool ones with McFarlane TWD toys online and think that's what i want to do but i know there are probably some cool custom set-ups out there. Please share some pics .Thanks in advance.

I actually was trying to do one similar few months ago but haven't picked it up again yet lately. There is one online that has some larger Macfarlane Toys I saw as well and seems he used an MDF plate and screwed the figures into it and the MDF plate to the two screws on top. I actually have a couple of large Macfarlane, Rich and Negan ones myself so if you figure anything out let me know!

! No longer available
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 03:38:31 PM by PinRush »
Pins: TWD Prem, STH prem, Twilight Zone, Alien LV, Jaws Premium, Time Machine - DE

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 05:38:16 PM »
some really neat tie-in stuff in that pin.

i'm a toy fan. i'd use rick grimes pointing a gun/shotgun, and a few zombies walking towards him, and a pile of dead zombies.

sooooo many toy options to grab from. don't even need to LED anything.

just my opinion. good luck, what you do will work as long as you like it. i have a fat 12" stewie on family guy, and he talks smack.
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline Pinsanity

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 07:08:19 PM »
some really neat tie-in stuff in that pin.

i'm a toy fan. i'd use rick grimes pointing a gun/shotgun, and a few zombies walking towards him, and a pile of dead zombies.

sooooo many toy options to grab from. don't even need to LED anything.

just my opinion. good luck, what you do will work as long as you like it. i have a fat 12" stewie on family guy, and he talks smack.

Haha, awesome! Here is what i'm trying to put up there. Been staring at it for months but could work out nicely.

http://u.cubeupload.com/csabe/d01IMG1596.jpeg
Pins: TWD Prem, STH prem, Twilight Zone, Alien LV, Jaws Premium, Time Machine - DE

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 10:10:46 PM »
zombie head in front of negan. rick on the other far side of the top right-side of the backbox.

a small sign saying, " strike 3, bitch". in the middle.

lol. gold.

or get a golf club for negan and rick holding a golf flag.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 10:14:13 PM by k7 »
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline Pindaddy

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 10:48:01 PM »
Awesome ideas so far. BTW, I think I saw they just came out with a Glen action figure. You could recreate the Gruesome Glen head smashing.

Offline Pindaddy

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 10:48:15 PM »
Awesome ideas so far. BTW, I think I saw they just came out with a Glen action figure. You could recreate the Gruesome Glen head smashing.

Offline Pinsanity

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 10:52:01 PM »
zombie head in front of negan. rick on the other far side of the top right-side of the backbox.

a small sign saying, " strike 3, bitch". in the middle.

lol. gold.

or get a golf club for negan and rick holding a golf flag.

Love both of the ideas! I think the Golf club and Rick holding golf flag should go on top of NO Good Zombie Gofers re-theme!  ;D

Offline Pinsanity

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 10:57:23 PM »

Dang, that's a great idea too! I'm not the most creative guy but all it needs is LED strip and right size screws into plate on top and drill holes for top of backbox. Not too bad and sorry if stealing your thread somewhat.

Offline Pindaddy

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 07:42:42 AM »
A few good suggestions were provided. I was looking for some pictures of already done toppers. Does anyone have a custom topper and not just some odds and ends and an idea?

Thanks