Author Topic: Most beatiful or cool looking Classic Arcade games  (Read 3424 times)

Offline Marcel G

• Show Organizer
  • Level 6: Knight Industries
  • APE Man
    • Pinwerks
Re: Most beatiful or cool looking Classic Arcade games
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2018, 10:22:57 PM »
I had the absolute privilege (and luck) to play three absolutely amazing looking cabs at Northwoods Mall in North Charleston (SC):
Namco's Solvalou , Drivers' Eyes, and Operation Starblade.
Back in early 90s.

P I N W E R K S

South Florida pinball machine and videogame repairs professionally done on site - Martin, Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties... and beyond if needed.

Offline HFK

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2018, 11:09:36 PM »
i opt for dig dug and food fight, for obvious reasons. :) include every atari in between...kangaroo, arabian, quantum, gravitar, space duel, etc, etc...

i also love every universal cabinet, even though i've never owned one. but art wise and overall design, i think they dropped the mic.

720 was a masterpiece. :) crystal castles had a cool design, but others before and after shared that style...

i have to say, for being the 1st, computer space kicked 98% of every other design to current day...

but again...what was an ugly cabinet? zaxxon? :o

all this gyruss talk...going to see if an op still has a dedicated one...that title never interested me, but now... :)

Atari had some great artwork.

If you never had a Gyruss you really need to spend some time with one K7. One of the true classics.

Computer Space is just a beautiful cabinet in any color. Another great was Maneater in the fiberglass cab.

Offline wolowizard

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2018, 07:53:29 AM »
Big fan of Tempest.  The angular cabinet with its' explosive graphics on the side , paired with its polarizing colored vector graphics...Wow !  Its brings me in everytime.   Glad to see some love going towards the arcades.  I bet it makes the pinheads squirm....bwaahhaa
current pins:   Rush prem, TMNT prem , BKSOR prem, JP prem, AV infinity quest prem, IMDN prem, DP prem, Mando Pro, GZ prem...and a Stargate Arcade and a handful of Arcade 1 ups

Offline RussG

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2018, 10:52:55 AM »
It's just great to talk about them and share experiences and opinions.
I remember the first time I laid eyes on a Tail Gunner and was able to sit inside one. It was a thrill especially for a young kid.
Cab not especially beautiful but just a cool experience.

All the games and explanations everyone gave here are just special and it's a great conversation.

Offline NormaJ

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2018, 11:59:05 AM »
Nothing else looks like Tron or Tempest, and I think that's what makes them great. I can't play either one for crap, but at least they are fun to look at!

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2018, 03:45:15 PM »
pics, or it never happened...

a simple cocktail table with that attract mode can be beautiful as well. :)
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline FUNWIZ

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2018, 04:10:46 PM »
That cocktail table is downright ugly, doesn't fit in with your other beauties.  Next time I'm down that way, I'll pick it up and dispose of it for you.

PS- I'll grab the Tempest as well, since you have it sitting outside in the weather.  I love that game! 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 04:12:55 PM by FUNWIZ »
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Chicago Gaming, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline Marshall

• LittleShopOfGames.com
    • Little Shop of Games | 24 Hour Arcade
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2018, 06:36:43 PM »
same here. and with the twin stereo speakers firing downward to the control panel and the sounds bouncing up. I know the attract mode music drove arcade ops cray cray but it sure worked to attract

Great points, plus the monitor orientation puts your face right up against the screen.

Chris, mine is on location at Vector now to share with the kids.  :D

"One warp to Uranus"
Little Shop Of Games / LSOG | Florida’s Pinball Showroom and Parts Storefront and Authorized Stern, Jersey Jack and Chicago Gaming Company Distributors. We Buy, Sell, RENT and Trade New and Used Pinball Machines and ship Parts and Games Worldwide!

LittleShopOfGames.com | 24HourArcade.com
24408 State Road 54, Lutz, FL 33559
SHOP: 813-944-4900 | Cell: 813-951-1602 | MON - FRI 11-7

Offline RussG

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2018, 07:51:15 PM »
some pics from the collection of some mentions here since Chris said no pics and it never happened.  Ha!   ;D

Tut thrown in because I think it's a cool looking cab even know no one mentioned it.   ;)

Offline k7

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2018, 08:41:04 PM »
universal did hit it out of the park with all of those funky blacklight reactive cabinets. mr do! is a kick ass standalone game as well, and i've never seen a dedicated one live, just cabinet swaps here and there.
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline SpineyNorman

• Administrator
  • I'll have Double Jim Bourbons
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2018, 09:05:46 PM »
 Star Trek Captain's Chair...a thing of beauty.
TANSTAAFL 

I'm available for parties, own my own donkeys. Very clean.
If you can read the forum you can figure out Craigslist, constant updates are tedious at best

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer?
Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

Offline FUNWIZ

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2018, 09:33:56 PM »
Star Trek Captain's Chair...a thing of beauty.

That's an excellent one!  Thanks for mentioning, totally forgot about that one.  Miss mine, had both types.  Probably never see another except maybe at a show.
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Chicago Gaming, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline RussG

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2018, 01:57:51 AM »
That's an excellent one!  Thanks for mentioning, totally forgot about that one.  Miss mine, had both types.  Probably never see another except maybe at a show.

"Welcome aboard Captain!" in Spock's voice, right?
A freaking classic but one you never see.
I loved it too!

Offline RussG

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2018, 02:06:01 AM »
universal did hit it out of the park with all of those funky blacklight reactive cabinets. mr do! is a kick ass standalone game as well, and i've never seen a dedicated one live, just cabinet swaps here and there.

Well come play Mr. Do! then Chris.
It's a beaut.  That's not even a black light but an extensive blue SMD (and other colors) light strip highlighting the games there. It really makes them even more stunning in that environment.

And how's that Space Fury? Another nice looking machine with art work extending up the control panel through the monitor bezel; and that bad azz marquee!
Even for a Gremlin cabinet. Ha.
Of course the color vector monitor is easy on the eyes too.  :roll:

Offline Marcel G

• Show Organizer
  • Level 6: Knight Industries
  • APE Man
    • Pinwerks
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2018, 08:43:48 AM »
Well come play Mr. Do! then Chris.
It's a beaut.  That's not even a black light but an extensive blue SMD (and other colors) light strip highlighting the games there. It really makes them even more stunning in that environment.

And how's that Space Fury? Another nice looking machine with art work extending up the control panel through the monitor bezel; and that bad azz marquee!
Even for a Gremlin cabinet. Ha.
Of course the color vector monitor is easy on the eyes too.  :roll:

Beautiful collection buddy. You need a TacScan in there next to SF
P I N W E R K S

South Florida pinball machine and videogame repairs professionally done on site - Martin, Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties... and beyond if needed.