Author Topic: Are there any vintage skateboard peeps here?  (Read 507 times)

Offline TimothyC

• Level 8: Psi Corps
Are there any vintage skateboard peeps here?
« on: July 07, 2018, 05:04:54 PM »
I'm currently liquidating a lot of my old crap to raise funds to fix current projects and just rediscovered an old Powell Peralta banner that came from a skate shop that closed in the late 90's.  Basically I'm wondering if there is a klov equivalent for vintage skate collectors so I can post it for sale on there, but any info would be appreciated.  It's a stunning piece in gorgeous condition and hate to see it go, but considering I've stored it rolled in a tube for well over a decade I suppose it's time :P

Oh, and the banner is around 5' x 3' :o

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
  • Level 10: Timelord
Re: Are there any vintage skateboard peeps here?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 05:47:45 PM »
I know someone who has dozens and dozens of decks, he collects them.  Any idea what you want for it?

Offline TimothyC

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 11:34:37 PM »
I know someone who has dozens and dozens of decks, he collects them.  Any idea what you want for it?

There isn't that much information about it online via google, but I joined a vintage skateboard collectors group on FB and asked about it and one guy who had one said that the style came in a smaller size banner and that the large one I have is much rarer. He waited to find a large one apparently and wound up finding one for $300 from a foreign seller years ago.  After the guy said that I had a couple messages offering me the same price.  I was going to put it on evilBay for $595 OBO this week and see how it does, but $400 cash on pickup or $450 shipped via paypal would do it. 

It looks even better than the pics and at nearly 5' x 3' it's going to be the centerpiece in most collections  ;) 8).  I have higher res pics I can email or text if anyone is interested...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 11:38:44 PM by TimothyC »

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
  • Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 01:54:45 PM »
Ok, Ill let him know!