Author Topic: New Doctor Who  (Read 362 times)

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
Re: New Doctor Who
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2018, 04:01:17 PM »
I haven't heard too many good things about the new season.. well other than from the sources that seem to love everything (if it fits the agenda.)

Like I said previously I dipped out before the gender swap because the show was terrible.. so it's not like they are trying something different when they are at the top of their game. It's a show thats in the bucket flailing around trying to re-invent itself as a political statement.

Offline SpineyNorman

• Administrator
  • I'll have Double Jim Bourbons
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2018, 06:14:05 PM »
Tardis materializes...blah blah blah....white people are bad, ESPECIALLY white men...blah blah blah Tardis dematerializes...next week on Doctor Who white men still suck.
TANSTAAFL 

I'm available for parties, own my own donkeys. Very clean.
If you can read the forum you can figure out Craigslist, constant updates are tedious at best

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer?
Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

Offline SpineyNorman

• Administrator
  • I'll have Double Jim Bourbons
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2018, 11:33:29 PM »
This weeks big bad was a new take on an old favorite Who villian along with a fresh new threat in a suprising well conceived amazingly written episode...

Oh wait...I only wished it was. Turns out the bad guy was...

Wait for it...

A white guy...

How novel.
TANSTAAFL 

I'm available for parties, own my own donkeys. Very clean.
If you can read the forum you can figure out Craigslist, constant updates are tedious at best

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer?
Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2018, 09:01:14 AM »
Are you a masochist or something?

Online Sid

• @!#?@!
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2018, 09:34:50 AM »
Yeah... Give up on that POS show already.
C.B.B.B.M. @!#?@!

Phil.

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2018, 10:25:05 AM »
i am enjoying the show.

way better then john carter.
http://www.coinopflorida.com // http://freeplayflorida.com

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - eeguru

current: pins: TSPP, AMH, T3, ST:TNG, ST:LE, RG, RCT, DW. DE:ST, WW
vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, (2) Sega Uni, Dual Outrun 2 Driver, OmegaRace, Ataxx, Reactor, Crystal Castle, MultiVector, Cloak and Dagger

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2018, 10:59:37 AM »
i am enjoying the show.

See, proof positive the show is terrible.

Just stop watching.

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2018, 11:25:25 AM »
i do like shows you hate..

NCIS, NCIS Las Vegas, NCIS New Orleans, MacGyver, Lethal Weapon, Magnum PI is iffy at the moment, Hawaii  5-0

"Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions. Hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - eeguru

vids: Q*bert, Mad Planets, (2) Sega Uni, Dual Outrun 2 Driver, OmegaRace, Ataxx, Reactor, Crystal Castle, MultiVector, Cloak and Dagger

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2018, 11:29:17 AM »
i do like shows you hate..

NCIS, NCIS Las Vegas, NCIS New Orleans, MacGyver, Lethal Weapon, Magnum PI is iffy at the moment, Hawaii  5-0

MacGyver is OK, the rest I haven't seen as I don't watch american TV much.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2018, 11:22:13 AM »
DOCTOR Who has lost a quarter of its viewers as many blast "politically correct" storylines since Jodie Whittaker entered the Tardis.

The first female Time Lord's debut last month attracted an average audience of 8.2million but that plunged to 6.1million on Sunday.

Fans complained of being bombarded by preachy, serious messages instead of sci-fi entertainment.

Producers, under new boss Chris Chibnall, have opted to tackle issues such as racism as Jodie, 36, travelled back to meet civil rights icon Rosa Parks in the US in 1955.

Next week they have British Imperialism in their sights in 1947 India.

And the latest episode explored gender with a pregnant man giving birth.

A viewer tweeted: "That's the last episode I'll be watching. I don't watch this type of TV show to get subliminal PC lectures, it's supposed to be entertainment."

The BBC hoped to boost ratings which slumped under Jodie's predecessor Peter Capaldi. But they dipped to 5.9million in parts of Sunday's episode.

The Beeb had high hopes of boosting the flagging viewing figures of Doctor Who when Peter Capaldi, 59, had the role. This year the corporation even moved the show from Saturday to Sunday nights in the hope it might attract more viewers.

But the number of people tuning in has fallen virtually every week since Jodie first appeared as the doctor on October 7.

The lowest viewing figure for Sunday night’s show is close to last year’s 5.5million series average under Capaldi. That slump had many fearing for the future of the show.

Previous Doctor Who series, under Christopher Eccleston, 54, David Tennant, 47, and Matt Smith, 36, always got an average of 7.4million to 8million viewers.

Full Article: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7666311/doctor-who-ratings-fall-pc-plots/

If it keeps at this level, it might be cancelled then Spiney won't be able to complain about how bad it is any longer. Nobody thinks of the consequences.

Offline Hamster

• Mad Sciencetist
  • Administrator
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2018, 12:13:27 PM »
I would agree, need to move back to sci-fi(ish) content...

Racism, Political , and lgbtq issues need to stay out of TV Shows, way to hot button items.