Author Topic: FPF18 - Bring your games, win stuff!  (Read 477 times)

Offline bjones

• Administrator
  • Level 8: Psi Corps
  • Game Collector
FPF18 - Bring your games, win stuff!
« on: October 10, 2018, 10:02:59 PM »
With it being just a few weeks from the show, it's time to share what we have in store for you the gamers and donors that do so much to make this crazy thing actually happen every year.

It's not easy to collect these big refrigerator boxes we call games, but it means so much to so many to come out and enjoy the lure of being 'next' or controlling the silver ball.  In addition to the already known perks there are for game bringers we have some really cool awards and prizes in store!

First, the big event.  Sunday the last hour of the show it's all about you as we do our game bringers/show contributors exclusive event in the panel room.  It's our chance to all sit together, take a breath and say thank you for everything you do.

Now for the good stuff!  We hope you had fun with the chance of winning a super awesome FPF 1Up Award ribbon last year.  This year, the ribbons are back and will be awarded to things that stood out from the crowd.  Ribbons can be awarded to a person, vendor, game, event.. anything you want to with the exception of yourself or your own games.  We will be sharing a limited number of ribbons amongst a wide variety of people at the show from our awesome donors, to vendors, special guests, volunteers, and even some randomly picked attendees.  It's really special to recognize your peers for the hard work they do for electronic gaming no matter how they do it!  It's your chance to tell the people who's efforts you enjoyed thank you.

Next, there are nine potential best of show awards to be won ranging from Pinball and Arcade to Social Media and Indie Game producers.  It takes everyone to make this engine run.  The FPF core team will make a final judgement call who wins each award, but where you put your 1Up award ribbons makes up a large portion of those choices.  These awards are beautiful 1 inch thick heavy acrylic with this year's custom artwork featuring Jake the flamingo!

And, if awards aren't your thing, stick around and watch those raffle tickets you get for being a game supporter.  You could win all kinds of things ranging from a $50 gift certificate from Highscoresaves.com to cool rewards from Dave and Busters!  This raffle will have all kinds of things to win.

Finally, if you read this far, thank you for your support.  Those of us that put on this show as well as producers every other show that has happened here in Florida wear their passion for this hobby on their sleeves every day, I think I speak for them as well as us, the work is hard but the resulting joy in people makes ever second of it worthwhile.

See you there, and bring your a-game!
The FPF Team

Offline MilitiaMan

• Show Organizer
  • Level 10: Timelord
  • www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
Re: FPF18 - Bring your games, win stuff!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 09:51:57 AM »
Ribbon Achievement Unlocked!
Planning to get some more this year!!!

Current Barn Want List: Quantum, Timber, Star Castle, Zookeeper, Congo Bongo, Journey, Black Widow, Warlords C/T, Williams Duramold, Nibbler or Eyes.

Hit me up if you have any of these for sale, complete, project, or otherwise.

Offline TimothyC

• Level 8: Psi Corps
Re: FPF18 - Bring your games, win stuff!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 10:44:18 AM »
I think I'm a lock for the "Why did you bring this game" trophy this year ^_^.