Author Topic: Monster Bash Remake Questions  (Read 740 times)

Offline HighProtein

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • Addicted to Progress
    • 904 Pinball Zine
Monster Bash Remake Questions
« on: October 21, 2018, 09:50:59 AM »
So the standard edition has standard size display and orange dots... will there be an available color dots update and about how much?  I don't to wide booty body dots...
Also are all other changes to other editions just cosmetic?
Shop:Pinball:IronMan,Arcade:Strange/NeoGeo/PacJRcoctail/BigCabinet/WWF
Parents:SkyJump/Medusa
Beer5000:Deadpool,JudgeDredd,Ghostbusters,RoyalRumble,Area51MF,SMB,MK2+,NBAjam,SF215thAnnEdition,TekkenTag,TMNT,MVC&X-Men
Brickstone:NoFear&Xfiles
ComingSoon:Godzilla,KillerInstinct,PrimalRage,Spiderman,Trog!...
DicksNorthside:MNFL&SST
JusticePub:BigHouse,DrWho,SF2-NC,Tetris
JRseafood:19xx
PlayersGrill:NoFear&WCS,SMB
Sassys:TMNT&MarvelSH
SouthAphilly:Galaga,Pacman,Jackbot&Hook
Sun-RayCinema:BSD&DM
VGRcade:CrazyTaxi,HorizontalMulticade,MVC2,SF2,MarioBrosPin,PZ,SF2Pin,TMNTpin
WoodysPV:NBAfb

Offline SHOPOFGAMES

• Show Organizer
  • Level 8: Psi Corps
  • Little Shop of Games
    • www.littleshopofgames.com
Re: Monster Bash Remake Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 05:05:29 PM »
Yes there is a color display upgrade 399.00, and  yes to your second ?.
Little Shop Of Games
Pinball Sales,
Parts, and Service
3635 Eagles Nest Rd
Fruitland Park FL 34731
561-248-9628
www.littleshopofgames.com

Offline the architect

• Tournament pinball is fun
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 03:31:35 PM »
These remakes are, and will continue to be the Best Buy’s in Pinball for a while
wants- nice examples of:      CP, nugent, 2001,  snow derby, Grand Prix, surfer, BSD, FGordon, TAF

current pins:
AC/DC premium, WW, Imaiden pro, Volley, KISS pro, twd pro, IM vault, Central Park (EM), pinball (stern EM), Jungle princess (EM), Medusa, alien star,  skateball, jacks open (EM), polo (EM), golden arrow (em)

http://s468.photobucket.com/user/crewcontractors/library/?sort=3&postlogin=true&src=wap&page=1

Offline stf

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 08:20:19 AM »
Did someone try it? Lots of differences  compared to the original?

Offline DEXTER

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 12:50:24 PM »
Did someone try it? Lots of differences  compared to the original?

I played all three models at the Pinball Expo - not much different from the original except that the lights are very nice and the topper is MUCH nicer in person.

Dex

Offline stf

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 10:18:05 PM »
I played all three models at the Pinball Expo - not much different from the original except that the lights are very nice and the topper is MUCH nicer in person.

Dex
Played it a lot during FPF. Remake is great, but it felt really different from the original. Maybe I'm just not used to play it NIB, or they were set in hard mode, but it felt really more difficult than any WPC ones I have played. Maybe the scoop needs some more play to become less bouncy.
These new ones look fantastic, but playfield is so bright and shiny that the lighted monsters does not pop us enough to see correctly which one is missing.
Not a big fan of the big lcd either. If you keep the dot animations, use Leds no? If you use lcd, and redo the animations, make some HD ones, no?
Lucky me, i'm out of $ and space right now, so i don't have to decide between an OG or a remake ;D

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 08:24:01 PM »
to not help you, the remakes feature a crazy intuitive way to adjust "everything" with the menu setup.

LEDs too bright in the inserts? turn it down 25%. 1 too bright? turn that 1 insert down.

slings are not strong enough? juice up 20%

flippers overpowered? adjust to 50% where they are now.

i'm nuts about the big DMD, although only have seen AFM to date. but holy crap...

new games that show up for shows are probably no where near to dialed in like they should be. it can take a homeowner months to dial in their new in box machine. most kind of suck, for the initial play.

i, too, cannot drop that much coin for a pinball right now...but if i could, the chicago coin big 3 remakes would be in my top 5 to pickup...
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Offline stf

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 08:58:41 AM »
Thanks Chris, it actually helps a lot.
1st time i played AFMr it was the same crap. The one at FPF was actually really enjoyable.
I guess it's better to spend time adjusting a pin rather than openimg an old beast to re-solder wires every other day...
Still, i Would have prefer color led dmd better than lcd. Maybe the lcd would allow some could upgrades or homebrew codes, let's see...

Offline k7

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 09:53:46 AM »
monster bash:

attack from mars:

i played an attack from mars remake, and i thought it was a wide DMD, because the dots looked perfect in person...i wonder if the monster bash
used smooth scaling, which personally, i don't like the way that displays. if so, i'm sure that's adjustable like everything else...but the image above, looks weak. :)
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Online WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

• How many points is "TILT"?
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2018, 11:19:22 AM »
Thanks Chris, it actually helps a lot.
1st time i played AFMr it was the same crap. The one at FPF was actually really enjoyable.
I guess it's better to spend time adjusting a pin rather than openimg an old beast to re-solder wires every other day...
Still, i Would have prefer color led dmd better than lcd. Maybe the lcd would allow some could upgrades or homebrew codes, let's see...

I'm glad you enjoyed playing my game! You're definitely right though, it does take a bit of time to get everything adjusted and dialed in.

I like the LCD ColorDMDs as long as they are set to big dots.
Arcade Computer Services: GlobalVR, RAW Thrills, Megatouch, etc
Pinball 2000 Computer Services

Remember Wheaton's Law

Offline stf

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2018, 04:20:32 PM »
I'm glad you enjoyed playing my game! You're definitely right though, it does take a bit of time to get everything adjusted and dialed in.

thank you for bringing it :)

Offline stf

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2018, 02:58:26 PM »

I liked it some much that i cleaned away some of the grease and cheetos bites stuck on it sunday ;D

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2018, 05:04:26 PM »
I played the MBr SE and found it was dialed in the best out of the three.  Yes they play different, as any brand new machine would.  Take a 25 year old MB out of the box and its going to play different than one that has been played for 25 years.  I think one of the greatest advantages are the fact that the electronics and boards are completely new and upgraded from the old WPC drivers and CPU.  Another asset is, the mechanics are all adjustable voltage wise, plus they are brand new which adds to the action and feel of the game too.  The PF is nicely protected with clear and its bright and flashy unlike the older/original model too.  Its on my list for sure, such a great tile and to agree with Joe, it is definitely one of the best 'new pin' purchases on the market today.  The quality of this machine is absolutely bar none.  This company is going to be an amazing asset to this hobby, very excited to see them producing such top notch product.

Offline stf

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2018, 04:03:11 PM »
I played the MBr SE and found it was dialed in the best out of the three.
Well, depends of your tasye i guess. For me, it was the CE. LE was ok, and I hated the SE...
I had good fun playing the original one at the Silverball Museum (big up for Marcel!) and i was certainly and unconsciously lookimg for the same experience. Ad it seems than the prices of original editions are not dropping that much, I agree these remakes are great deals.
And compared to the rather cheap finition of the recent Stern, no hesitation

Offline deadlander

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2018, 01:41:52 PM »
How can you says that? The new Beatles will be epic... certainly worth more than a classic wpc remake. Not.
Al
Danny,  there's a lot of.... Well badness in the world today. I see it in the court everyday. I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber.... didn't want to do it.... felt I owed it to them.