Author Topic: ELO comes to Florida  (Read 2696 times)

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
ELO comes to Florida
« on: October 23, 2018, 04:10:19 PM »

Got tickets for the Tampa show.

Floor seats range from $300-$600..  I ended up with Pleb seats @ $125 each. When did concerts become so damned expensive. Figured I'd better buy them today as the scalpers will have them all.

FYI the 'Presale' code is KC4BNR, not exactly easy to find and not distributed by any normal means.

I hate buying tickets man.

Offline RussG

• Level 9: Grid Champion
Re: ELO comes to Florida
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 04:12:10 PM »
Got damn that's expensive!!

Offline HFK

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 08:11:06 PM »
I would love to see them but not at those prices. For the price of floor seats you can buy everything they ever recorded and bootlegs and have enough for a decent sound system to listen to it all on.

Offline Steve O

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 09:29:03 PM »
Damn that is expensive.  Is Jeff Lynne the only original ELO member playing? (granted, he is by far the most important member)  I saw McCartney a couple of years ago for less than $100 a ticket on the lower level.  I would like to go but prices are getting ridiculous.

Offline RussG

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 09:46:55 PM »
Yeah it's total BS.

Offline tufnel1530

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 09:51:04 PM »
someone offed me a decent seat to elton john but wanted me to pay them back for the ticket

when they told me it was $300 bucks I laughed my ass off

Offline pinballcorpse

• Join the Dark Side: Play Tournament Pinball
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 10:38:01 PM »
Death Metal shows are easier on the wallet, but harder on most folks’ ears   ;)
“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 12:45:00 PM »
Ok here's a better one.

Were in new york city, wife wants to see this harry potter play.

Ok sure why not.

Get to box office, 2 tickets please.

$1400 sir.

Not a typos. Fourteen hundred dollars, not including tax or "fees"

World's gone mad.

Offline Steve O

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 01:11:13 PM »
In 2009, I was ordering 4 tickets for the Yanks/Nationals game regular season game.  I had clicked best seats and the grand total was over $10,000, front row by the dugout.  I very carefully hit the decline option.

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 02:40:41 PM »
Death Metal shows are easier on the wallet, but harder on most folks’ ears   ;)

Yup!  Which is a win/win for us!!  I've paid as little as $12 to see some amazing hardcore, thrash and metal.  Even Slayer with 4 other top headlining acts was only $60. Id love to see some bands like Metallica and Pink, etc. but paying $110 to sit in the rafters is just not going to happen.

Offline MikeMaynard21

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 11:55:56 AM »
Hey, Billy Gibbons show last night was only $25
Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle, Monster Bash LE, Rob Zombie Spookshow LE,The Addams Family, Scared Stiff, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Creature From The Black Lagoon, The Walking Dead (sold),Tales From The Crypt (sold) Twister (sold), Star Trek Next Gen (sold), Black Rose (traded), Riverboat Gambler (sold) X-Files (sold), F-14 Tomcat (sold), Gorgar (traded), Funhouse (traded)

Offline CUJO

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 01:28:15 AM »
Ok here's a better one.

Were in new york city, wife wants to see this harry potter play.

Ok sure why not.

Get to box office, 2 tickets please.

$1400 sir.

Not a typos. Fourteen hundred dollars, not including tax or "fees"

World's gone mad.

So the bigger question is: Did you bit the bullet and go to the show?? :D

Sounds like a "play" alright. I wonder what the tickets would cost to see Hamilton in NY? It's coming to the STRAZ Center next Feb.
Tickets start at $500 in the balcony. Probably $2,000 each to sit down in the first 10 rows.
Current Pins: ST:PRO,MET:PRO, SOUTH PARK, WOZECLE#947, BOP, FGY, TSPP, ST:TNG, KINGS OF STEEL, FRANKENSTEIN, DM, PHARAOH, LOST IN SPACE, STINGRAY, WCS94, METEOR, SPACE JAM, AMIGO, POPEYE, ALIEN POKER, CAVEMAN, HOUDINI, DILE#0829, MBrLE#0566, IM PRO, RUSH PRO, CCRLE#327
Video:  Vertical/ w/BABYSTAR 465 in 1 BOARD
Past Pins: Shaq Attaq, X-Files, Space Station #1, WhoDunnit?, Space Mission, Bally Lost World, Space Station #2, MotorDome

Offline Steve O

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2018, 05:32:29 AM »
I heard that Springsteen's show on Broadway is thousands of dollars per ticket.

The Stones are coming to TIAA Bank Stadium.  Upper deck tickets are $100 each.  I'll pass.

Offline Weeze

• "Stay away from the French and sick people"
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2018, 06:28:14 PM »
anyone know if the Eagles have backed off their ticket prices since Frey passed away? From what Ive seen on Ticketmaster they havent. This is not right. The price on pret near all concerts have become rediculous. How do "kids" afford these shows? I saw the Stones on their first tour of the US, tickets were  3.25$ . yes that was the actual price.
Current Pins and Stuff: Hurdy Gurdy, Flipper Pool, Mini Pool, Kings & Queens, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, past owners include Wayne Newton, Pia Zadora and half the Village ,the totally awesome and historic, "CANDY APPLE" RED Astro..    
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, and  assorted other stuff.
  For Trade: Hawknole's Dog

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2018, 09:50:23 PM »
anyone know if the Eagles have backed off their ticket prices since Frey passed away? From what Ive seen on Ticketmaster they havent. This is not right. The price on pret near all concerts have become rediculous. How do "kids" afford these shows? I saw the Stones on their first tour of the US, tickets were  3.25$ . yes that was the actual price.

Pretty sure there aren't a lot of "kids" who are into the Eagles, certainly not enough to go see them live. Probably a few getting dragged to the shows by Dad though.

Apparently they've got enough rich fans to make it work, if they didn't they'd either lower ticket prices, or more likely decide they're not making enough money to bother doing live shows.

There are cheaper shows, but you've either got to see some unknown band and take a big chance that they might suck, or pay a bit more and see a group at the beginning of their career, not the end.