Author Topic: Glory be to the Donald, and to the holy white truck!  (Read 652 times)

Offline Weeze

• Level 10: Timelord
  • "Stay away from the French and sick people"
Glory be to the Donald, and to the holy white truck!
« on: November 02, 2018, 05:46:47 PM »
brought me my King of Diamonds today. I appreciate it so much. Had to send said KOD over to "HOME USE PINBALL MACH,INC" to find what in the hell I couldn't figger out what was wrong. Appears it had a burnt out small relay coil that unless u had the right angle on I wouldn't and couldn't find.
 So, after 2 that's right TWO freaking years of restoration held up by a broken leg, then a attack of "where is the friggin resistor" to be followed by everything is coll till we get down on the motor board and then the power seems to get lost. per the one and only IBIS, off the east coast it went. I now am the proud owner of a fully restored KOD, works like new, had been one of the 2 games left that I've always wanted to own!!!!!!
 Ive messed with Gotts a little and have had the white color base computer matched in enamel. yeah its 20 or 25 bucks but the pigment is just so thick, covers great and as far as I can see the same off white was used on all their games. The reds and blues are right off the shelf by Krylon. However , I think the yellow I used, even tho it matched fine on other games was WAY outta line on this one. PLus it had the same yellow on it when I sanded. Now when I look at pictures of other KODs the "yellow" isn't right.  I'm not about to try and tape pver and paint over the yellow and try to get it to this golden brown color Ive seen! Fuck it! Its painted, its painted well and thats the end of it!
 Hardest restore Ive done so far, If I can get my buddy to stop by Ill have him take some fotos of it and post them. very very cool game.
Current Pins and Stuff: Hurdy Gurdy, Flipper Pool, Mini Pool, Kings & Queens, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, past owners include Wayne Newton, Pia Zadora and half the Village ,the totally awesome and historic, "CANDY APPLE" RED Astro..    
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, and  assorted other stuff.
  For Trade: Hawknole's Dog

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
Re: Glory be to the Donald, and to the holy white truck!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 08:52:47 AM »
Well cool beans!  Ill have to ring you up and stop by to play it some!  So glad that pesky gremlin was finally found and murdered!

Offline Weeze

• "Stay away from the French and sick people"
Re: Glory be to the Donald, and to the holy white truck!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 10:45:39 AM »
you are NOT gonna believe this, the struggle continues. just like hemmaroids the gremlins have already returned. Got a bum light socket but more importantly, one, thats right ONE, of the pool balls and its stationary target and rotating target of course, doesnt register and the ball wont drop. this of course is because the coil is locked on, Why is it locked on? haven't gotten to that yet , today I have to tear apart a pop bumper and install a new bulb socket, easy enuff to do but I shall continue.
all the while the middle of my living room is dominated by a upside down Hurdy Gurdy playfield so my living room now looks like a freaking dirty old garage.
 so what else is new, my friend?
Current Pins and Stuff: Hurdy Gurdy, Flipper Pool, Mini Pool, Kings & Queens, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, past owners include Wayne Newton, Pia Zadora and half the Village ,the totally awesome and historic, "CANDY APPLE" RED Astro..    
  Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, and  assorted other stuff.
  For Trade: Hawknole's Dog