Author Topic: Dezerland Orlando AKA Pinball Palace Now open in Orlando?  (Read 5868 times)

Offline JeepDude

• Level 6: Knight Industries
Dezerland Orlando AKA Pinball Palace Now open in Orlando?
« on: November 04, 2018, 05:33:33 PM »
So, many of us know eveything from Miami Pinball was relocated to Orlando to the Artegon Mall.
Has anyone been there yet and can comment?

Not much info to find about it and how many machines

https://www.facebook.com/2085590758323788/posts/2163824220500441/

VIDS: Daytona USA 2, Scud Race "PLUS", Twin, Hummer Arcade Twin, Daytona Usa Championship Edition Twin  Grid Twin Flamin Finger, F-Zero AX Deluxe, 2Spicy Twin, Dirty Drivin Twin, H2overdrive Twin

WMS/BALLY: Medieval Madness, Addams Family, Cirqus Voltaire, Twilight Zone, Star Trek TNG, Cactus Canyon Continued, Congo,

STERN: Star Trek LE, Star Wars Prem, Jurassic Park Prem, Mandolorian Prem

JJP: WOZ 75th LE, Hobbit LE, GNR LE

Heighway: Alien LE, Full Throttle

Dutch Pinball: BOP 2.0, TBL

Spooky: Halloween CE

Offline Pinsanity

• Level 5: Power User!
Dezerland Orlando AKA Pinball Palace Now open in Orlando?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 05:46:41 PM »
I think I can stop by and check it out tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 06:47:52 PM by PinRush »
Pins: TWD Prem, STH prem, Twilight Zone, Alien LV, Jaws Premium, Time Machine - DE

Offline Pinsanity

Re: Dezerland Orlando AKA Pinball Palace Now open in Orlando?
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 08:13:07 AM »
I think I can stop by and check it out tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More likely Wednesday or Thursday. If anyone has seen inside post or send pics!
Pins: TWD Prem, STH prem, Twilight Zone, Alien LV, Jaws Premium, Time Machine - DE

Offline DanielR

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 05:34:44 PM »
There’s 83 games on the floor and 40ish being worked on. Play field have been waxed and switches , lamps , flashes all looked at individually. Hopefully we’re converting them to led soon. I’m currently leveling them to the correct pitch. Our one technician who’s here biweekly is doing a wonderful job repairing them. Monday will be closed, Tuesday-Thursday 3:00 - 10:00 , Friday-Sunday 12:00 - 10:00  10 dollars with a wristband. if you have any problems feel free to talk to me since I’ll be opening & closing alone. To my knowledge we aren’t buying or selling machines but I can put you in contact with someone who can answer you regarding that. :)

Offline Pinsanity

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 06:07:24 PM »
There’s 83 games on the floor and 40ish being worked on. Play field have been waxed and switches , lamps , flashes all looked at individually. Hopefully we’re converting them to led soon. I’m currently leveling them to the correct pitch. Our one technician who’s here biweekly is doing a wonderful job repairing them. Monday will be closed, Tuesday-Thursday 3:00 - 10:00 , Friday-Sunday 12:00 - 10:00  10 dollars with a wristband. if you have any problems feel free to talk to me since I’ll be opening & closing alone. To my knowledge we aren’t buying or selling machines but I can put you in contact with someone who can answer you regarding that. :)

Sounds great!

Offline wolowizard

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 09:14:47 AM »
Do you serve snacks ,beer , soda and food ?
current pins:   Rush prem, TMNT prem , BKSOR prem, JP prem, AV infinity quest prem, IMDN prem, DP prem, Mando Pro, GZ prem...and a Stargate Arcade and a handful of Arcade 1 ups

Offline DanielR

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 09:37:02 AM »
No drinks or food at the moment. After the iaapa there’s a arcade coming and that most likely will have it.

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2018, 03:38:17 PM »
you can probably buy most of the miami pinball stash thru this link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Pinball4sale/
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline DanielR

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2018, 06:21:02 PM »
I moved to Orlando to open & operate Orlando Pinball Palace. Not sure why Miami Pinball is still being tag along in the shadows.. Non of the personal is here working. We’re not trying to compare or replace it. Dezerland Action Park is going to have more than just pinball and I’m glad to be part of it.

Offline Motoman

• It's just for fun right?
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2018, 12:31:41 AM »
Good luck and best wishes to Dezerland!  This mall seems to have a bad omen hovering above as we have visited it back in the day to skate the Van's skatepark, only to see it close along with the supposed wave pool that was to be created behind it, to the western wear store, then Ron Jon's closing along with a bunch of smaller stores and restaurants inside the mall.

Unfortunately as a last ditch attempt at attracting new business, an adventure inspiring climbing structure erected in front of the main doors of the entrance to the mall, resulted in a man falling to his death.

Bass Pro and the theatre are still going.

Best of luck to The Orlando Pinball Palace, I can't wait to check it out!!!
Pins:  Too many to keep working- even the new stuff ain't perfect!!

Arcades- 100 in 1 Multicade, 3 in1, dedicated DK and Centipede!

Offline DanielR

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2018, 10:57:51 AM »
Just want to advise anyone who's planning on visiting that Dezer asked me to close it since we aren't generating the numbers he likes. He was rubbing all over my face how much he was paying me vs how much we made in the last 10 days, I was on the project from day one moving all the machines., some without legs by myself intop of the dolly because nobody would help me. Completed that in two days. The machines were shipped from Miami without legs in two piles and some labor workers who dont know the difference between a token and a quarter started putting legs together on a first come first serve basis. I organized them by year then left to go work inside construction and when our tech was there worked along with him to get everything updated and put the legs correctly.  On the 2nd of this Month he came around and asked me to open Orlando Pinball Palace. No bathroom, no food , no drinks , barely any A/C cooling. A village member came to visit after freeplay and he knows what i'm talking about. I was working all 10 days since we didnt close on Monday as i have indicited in the hours on a previous post without taking a lunch because nobody would want to cover me for 5 minutes. I turned in my keys wristband and money to our general manager who said to put a "Coming soon" sign on which i didnt because i got on a bus and left home the next day.

PS: He offered me the job, was getting paid less than minimum wage and never promised him numbers. All i said was yes sir and did want was ahead of me to make it work.

off topic I'm glad to see the Michael Jackson tribute car added to the museum which i helped push in.

https://www.volocars.com/the-attraction/vehicles/13051/1958-chrysler-soul-train

I also want to wish Dezerland best wishes and good luck.

Offline Tecumseh Plissken

• We were buddies Harold. You , me , & Fresno Bob
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2018, 11:05:31 AM »
Wow! ???  what a shame I was going to try & check it out this week in fact  oooh well thats really too bad & I feel sorry for you dude sounds like you tried the best you could  ..... IDK what the hell kind of #'s he was expecting there
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 11:07:08 AM by Tecumseh Plissken »

Offline Pinsanity

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2018, 11:07:36 AM »
It's a shame, I was going to go there soon too. This place has become the biggest tease for years now. Doubting it ever comes around and that is unfortunate. Something like this only works if the guys who own and appreciate the pins are heavily involved and not looking at it just like hitting profits like this Dezer guy.

Offline FourFlippers

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2018, 11:44:51 AM »
Sounds like they're only closed temporarily according to the post, otherwise the GM wouldn't have asked for a "Coming Soon" sign to be put on the door. 

Is that a correct assumption DanielR?

Thanks!
Pins - TZ, NGG, AF, IJ-TPA, TOTAN, AFM, EBD-LE, Centaur II, Orbitor 1, FH, PF, FIRE!, AGG, FBC, F-14, Medusa, Centaur, BK, DW, FBC, MMR,
Vids Rockin Bowl-O-Rama, Hyperbowl, MAME Cocktail, Sky Shark

Offline DanielR

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2018, 12:53:16 PM »
Sounds like they're only closed temporarily according to the post, otherwise the GM wouldn't have asked for a "Coming Soon" sign to be put on the door. 

Is that a correct assumption DanielR?

Thanks!

they are going to add bowling , go karts , lazer tag , arcade and who knows what else.. it's going to be a great place im sure once it's finished. Probably shouldn't of opened so quickly but I was just told to do something and did it. I'm sure it would bring in the numbers after they support it and waste some money on markerting. The only advertising they have done are these 15 post you're reading now.