Author Topic: post links to arcade guides to be a better player...  (Read 664 times)

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
post links to arcade guides to be a better player...
« on: November 14, 2018, 08:56:05 PM »
 i learned a few tricks in donkey kong from watching the king of kong. given, i still suck at donkey kong, but i can normally get a solid 85000-90000 before the pie factory murders my azz. :)

any elevator action hints?
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
Re: post links to arcade guides to be a better player...
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 10:37:49 AM »
That game kills me.  Loved DJ Jr. though, easier for my child-like brain to play.

Offline MilitiaMan

• Show Organizer
  • www.jaxarcadex.com
    • Jacksonville Arcade Expo
Re: post links to arcade guides to be a better player...
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 01:21:14 PM »
I am mostly OK at both DK and Dk Junior. My high score on DK is around 400k and my high score on DK Junior is 595k. I would suggest downloading the .pdf version of Steve Sanders book - Video Masters Guide to Donkey Kong. I was only able to score around 145k on Donkey Kong until I read this book. There are no super deep secrets here that will instantly get you to Kill Screen status, but there are a ton of solid tips and tricks that, if you find ways to incorporate them into your gameplay, will make you a better Donkey Kong player.

As for DK Junior, you are on your own. It's all about patience, timing, and learning to master the "klunky" movement style of Junior.

https://www.amazon.com/Video-Masters-Guide-Donkey-Kong/dp/0553230727

Steve
MM
Current Barn Want List: Quantum, Timber, Star Castle, Zookeeper, Congo Bongo, Journey, Black Widow, Warlords C/T, Williams Duramold, Nibbler or Eyes.

Hit me up if you have any of these for sale, complete, project, or otherwise.