Author Topic: RetroJAX Weekend 2019 Hotel Information  (Read 7406 times)

Offline dug

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
RetroJAX Weekend 2019 Hotel Information
« on: November 16, 2018, 12:50:59 PM »
We finalized our partner hotel for RetroJAX Weekend 2019 (March 8-10) and it is a Homewood Suites about 1.5 miles from the show.  The group rate is $129 a night for a single or a king with fold out couch and it does include breakfast and free parking.  The hotel location is really good and besides being very close to the show, it is in the St. Johns Town Center, which has a gigantic amount shopping and restaurants.  If for some reason you have someone with you who isn’t into three days of gaming (which we don’t understand at all) there is a lot to do there while you are at the show.     

We are looking into other hotels with a lower rate, but it will probably have fewer amenities, stars, and also likely be a bit further away.  Unfortunately, the selection wasn’t great for our weekend, which might be in part because the Gate River Run is on Saturday and it is the largest 15km race in the country.  Even though our group rate is good until February 15th (after 2/15 it will be the standard room rate), because of the Gate River Run we highly recommend making a reservation as early as possible as some hotels are already sold out.       

You can’t get the rate by booking online so you will need to call the hotel directly (904.641.7988) to make a reservation and let them know you are calling for the Jax Arcade Group Block. 

Homewood Suites
10434 Midtown Parkway
Jacksonville, Florida, 32246
Phone: 904.641.7988
https://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/homewood-suites-by-hilton-jacksonville-south-st-johns-ctr-JAXHWHW/index.html

Lastly, the venue for the show does have RV parking in the back with 50 amp electric, water and sewage hook-up, and pull-through spaces.  Lots are limited so once again we recommend making reservations early.  According to their web page you can call them at (904)642-5200 ext. 13 if you are interested in renting a spot.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 01:23:36 PM by dug »
WTB: Eight Ball Deluxe, The Getaway - HSII, Qbert,

Jacksonville Arcade Expo - www.jaxarcadex.com

How come you never see the headline “Psychic Wins Lottery”?

Offline SkyKing2301

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • Rocket City Pinball
    • Rocket City Pinball
Re: RetroJAX Weekend 2019 Hotel Information
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 11:22:23 PM »
FYI I called to make my reservation tonight and the gentleman was unable to find a group under that name.

He gave me the group rate anyway -- a queen studio suite + fold out sofa was $129, and he said the king studio suite + fold out sofa would be $10 more.

For those wondering, queen studio for two nights: $129 x 2 + $33.41 taxes = $291.54

Offline dug

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 12:44:27 PM »
Thanks for letting us know.  On Monday I'll contact the manager I worked with when we signed the contract and ask them to make sure the people working the counter are aware of the rate.

Offline dug

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 01:53:27 PM »
Talked to the hotel today and she is going to remind the people working the front desk and print out our information so it will be there for whoever is working.  If you PM the name the reservation is under she said she would get you moved under our block.   

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
  • Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 09:30:09 AM »
Thanks, used my points to book at this location. Ill call the front desk and get it moved under the show to help your stats.