Author Topic: How do you move your games? Dolly's, Hand truck's, Pinball jacks?  (Read 704 times)

Offline IlikeGame

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
After FPF I can conclude I have been doing it all wrong!
Everyone has these hand trucks that have a second set of wheels on them and fold out like an A-frame.
I was struggling and didn't think I was going to make it out carrying all the weight on a typical hand truck.
I have been looking for Appliance Hand truck and have been unable to find anything quite like the one I borrowed from team JAX.

What do you use or prefer? 

I have been reading about buying a regular Hand truck and modifying the second set of wheels on it.

Offline IlikeGame

Offline Mamushka

• Level 8: Psi Corps
Re: How do you move your games? Dolly's, Hand truck's, Pinball jacks?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 11:12:08 AM »
http://www.escalera.com/

Had it for over 5 years now. Went in 50-50 with a buddy so made buying it much more palatable at the time. If it was to get stolen would buy another one in a heartbeat. 
Pins: TAF, FG (not the Ah-Haaa one), SM, FH.
Past Pins: IJ, STTNG x2, WH2O x3, CFTBL, NGG, ES, MB, TFTC, LW3, TZ, SS, BG, LOTR, Monopoly couple of EM's
Other (AKA Vids): Cocktail MAME

Offline jaxgatorgolf

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 12:04:40 PM »
i use a roughneck from northern tool that has extra wheels that fold out.  it’s been reliable and was reasonable at 300 bux
Looking for: Popeye, Dragon's Lair, Frogger, Asteroids, Asteroids Deluxe

Offline Rich Jax

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • ...and sometimes the baar eats you.
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 09:58:33 PM »
If you’re talking about the big yellow hand truck that Steve and Randy were using, it’s a steel appliance hand truck with the Wesco SuperTruck kit added on it.
 That is a great setup and makes hauling video games MUCH easier.  Having both hard and pneumatic tires allows you to go wherever need be.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 10:25:14 PM »

Spiney and I use this: https://www.handtrucksrus.com/product-details.aspx?ID=1097&cx=bp

However you do it though, I think having something that supports the weight of the game by itself without you is the way to go.

Using a traditional dolly where you have to counter balance the game will kill you. We moved 30 games one weekend that way and I thought I was going to die at the end of it. The next weekend we had the dolly above moving the same number of games and the effort required was about 80% less.

If you have something with back tires once you get the game back on the wheels you are done. You can literally push it around with a finger versus straining to keep it up the entire time.

Offline weeze

• 3 Inch Flippers are for the Sight Impaired!
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 08:58:41 AM »
Mr. Six Sir!
 For pins you would have to take the rear legs off, drop down to the floor move under the pin then tilt I am thinking. Is that correct?
 Does anyone besides me use the old wico or wico style step on the level and up she goes cart anymore?
 Where did you obtain said space aged manipulator of all things ball related you wat to protect?
Current Pins and Stuff: Walking Dead "kill them walkers, yeah!", T2, Hurdy Gurdy, Batter Up, Flipper Pool, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, Cherry Bell, Astro.
 Bally 873 slot machine
 Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
also have the revolving door going on so some games come and go!
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids and assorted other stuff.
 WTB:, Gottleib wedgehead add-a-balls!!!!!

Offline Rich Jax

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 10:12:01 AM »
Weeze,
This conversation so far has been about moving video games.  You can move pins with these hand trucks, but you have to modify them by widening the bottom plate to where both rear legs will sit on it.
I’ve seen operators do this, but I prefer the traditional Wico pinball dolly.

Offline TimothyC

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2018, 10:45:43 AM »
 Thanks to all in this thread for their input.  Keep the examples/links coming please :)

I desperately need to upgrade my dolly and buy a pin dolly asap.  I've been using a plain old cheap 2 wheel dolly for both the entire time I've been in the hobby and I'm over it.  Nearly lost a game coming down a ramp at FPF (was tired as hell) and I'd like to avoid any more close calls if possible...so, who's got an extra dolly with swing out wheels, or a nice pin dolly for sale ;)?  PM me if so  :P

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2018, 11:32:26 AM »
i use a grey wolf. saves my back. ;)

i also don't sell stuff, and prices are nuts, so not buying stuff. really helps me not moving a damm thing. ;D
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Offline IlikeGame

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2018, 11:46:55 AM »
If you’re talking about the big yellow hand truck that Steve and Randy were using, it’s a steel appliance hand truck with the Wesco SuperTruck kit added on it.
 That is a great setup and makes hauling video games MUCH easier.  Having both hard and pneumatic tires allows you to go wherever need be.

Yes! They let me borrow it made a HUGE difference!
Thanks!

Weeze,
This conversation so far has been about moving video games.  You can move pins with these hand trucks, but you have to modify them by widening the bottom plate to where both rear legs will sit on it.
I’ve seen operators do this, but I prefer the traditional Wico pinball dolly.

This is how I have been moving my pin's. I am not sure that moving them with the legs on is the way to go for travel. around the house heck yeah! But up a truck ramp, I am unsure.

Thanks to all in this thread for their input.  Keep the examples/links coming please :)

I desperately need to upgrade my dolly and buy a pin dolly asap.  I've been using a plain old cheap 2 wheel dolly for both the entire time I've been in the hobby and I'm over it.  Nearly lost a game coming down a ramp at FPF (was tired as hell) and I'd like to avoid any more close calls if possible...so, who's got an extra dolly with swing out wheels, or a nice pin dolly for sale ;)?  PM me if so  :P

Me TOO! My Crusi'n rolled off the ramp and right on top of me. Never again!

Thank you, everyone, for all your info!

Offline WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

• How many points is "TILT"?
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2018, 12:52:07 PM »
I have a modified harbor freight lift for my pins and I like it. Al modified his with a wooded frame on top for a getting a better grip/position and it's really nice. This is something I will probably end up doing.
It's showtime!

Offline bjones

• Administrator
  • Game Collector
    • Gamestencils.com
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2018, 02:14:14 PM »
I like the good old fashioned pneumatic wheel dolly.  That red nightmare that six uses should be banned :)
VIDS:  Star Wars, Reactor, Nibbler, Marble Madness, Kaboom, Black Widow, Centipede,  Eagle, Space Ace, Gunfight, Pac Man, Donkey Kong, Mappy, Star Trigon, Teddy Boy Blues, Lasso, Pepper 2, Skycurser, Donkey Kong, Pleiades, Sky Raider, Missile Command, Gravitar, Night Driver, Turtles
PINS:GBLE, DW
CURATOR: Atari Hercules

Offline IlikeGame

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2018, 02:20:32 PM »
I like the good old fashioned pneumatic wheel dolly.  That red nightmare that six uses should be banned :)

Haw, I liked that one the best so far. Maybe it is banned, shows Discontinued.

Offline Rich Jax

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2018, 06:11:16 PM »

Twisted Quarter sells a nice, modern knock-off of the Wico pinball dolly and 4 wheeled hand trucks are widely available on the internet.