Author Topic: Longwood Arcade Collector APB  (Read 684 times)

Offline pinfixer

• Level 0: Inanimate Carbon Rod
Longwood Arcade Collector APB
« on: December 13, 2018, 04:20:52 PM »
Hi, I'm not really sure where to put this post, so it appears this topic gets the most traffic.  Please forward to appropriate forum if this is not the best topic.

On the forum KLOV (Killer List Of Videogames) site was a post from a user named Arcadehead dating back to 2008.   In that post he was looking for a part for his Midway Midnight Marauders arcade gun game.   I am trying to track this guy down and the KLOV post stated he was in Longwood, Florida.  No real name given or much else to go on.   Midnight Marauders is a pretty unique coin-operated game so if you've seen this machine someplace in Florida, chances are it's his, or at least where the game likely ended up.

Hoping to connect with Arcadehead, or the new owner of the Midnight Marauders as I too own this machine and would like to discuss with a fellow owner.   I'm actually located in Southern California myself.   

Thank you in advance for reading this post.  Any info you may have on Arcadehead or a Midnight Marauders would be greatly appreciated.    I'm on Pinside under "pinfixer" if you would rather PM me on that forum or I'm also available via email
at     p i n f i x e r    at   y a h o o  dot c o m

Happy Holidays!
John

Offline DK

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • BuyfromToddK!
Re: Longwood Arcade Collector APB
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 05:08:35 PM »
Hey John,
   There is NO WAY that I can get in touch with him (he called me about an arcade that I was selling 3-5 years ago) BUUUTTT I do remember seeing the arcade when I walked into his house. He was still around then. I will see with people that are not on this site to see if he can be found

Offline Sid

• @!#?@!
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 05:40:42 PM »
Welcome to The Village.  What's the arcade collecting scene like out in Cali? 

Phil.
C.B.B.B.M. @!#?@!

Phil.

Offline pinfixer

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 11:59:44 AM »
Welcome to The Village.  What's the arcade collecting scene like out in Cali? 

Phil.

Thank you Phil.   Stuff is expensive compared to the rest of the country.  But Cali in general is just plain expensive to live. 

The coin-op scene in general is amazing.  There are private collections that make museums look pale in comparison!

If you ever get to the West Coast try to time your visit with when the Museum of Pinball in Banning, CA is open.   Over 600 pinballs and over 400 video games set up and playable.  It's one guys personal collection.

Happy Holidays and thanks for the replies!   Hope to find the elusive Midnight Marauder's owner some day and with your help I am confident it will be found.  :-)

Offline stf

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 03:18:49 PM »

If you ever get to the West Coast try to time your visit with when the Museum of Pinball in Banning, CA is open.   Over 600 pinballs and over 400 video games set up and playable.  It's one guys personal collection.

OMG OMG OMG
I know where I'm going for next holydays!

Good luck with your search. Influent villagers are really helpful and know everybody in the local scene, I'm sure you gonna find your guy soon!

Offline pinfixer

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 01:50:19 AM »
Bump

Hoping the elusive Longwood collector can be located.   We've made exceptional progress on Midnight Marauders in the past 9 months and it would truly be a shame to have the game sitting dormant because of parts or documentation shortage.   Everything has been overcome.   Midnight Marauders is easily repaired these days!

Please feel free to jump on Pinside and PM me "Pinfixer" or p i n f i x e r  at yahoo dot c o m.   Sorry, I do not frequent this board all that often.  If the Florida community knows of any Midnight Marauders, we can fix em!!

John

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 02:46:34 PM »
well, that was fun. ;D

3 phone numbers, one is incorrect. voice mail left at secondary cell phone, no one answered home phone.

3 emails sent out. waiting for response.

i *think* i have his age, 1 current and correct email, phone numbers, a longwood address and a winter park address...will PM you when you, or he, responds.

google-fu is strong with this one.
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Offline weeze

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • 3 Inch Flippers are for the Sight Impaired!
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2019, 05:20:02 PM »
Im impressed! Good luck on the search!
Current Pins and Stuff: Fire!, Walking Dead "kill them walkers, yeah ", Hurdy Gurdy, Batter Up, Flipper Pool, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, the totally awesome and historic,"CANDY APPLE" RED Astro, which I'll trade for a "Kings & Queens".    
 Bally 873 slot machine
 Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Games come thru here all the time!
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, slots, firearms and assorted other stuff.
 WTB: A decent KINGS & QUEENS with a GOOD playfield.