Author Topic: Custom Munsters Topper idea and a few more mods!  (Read 296 times)

Offline Creature7

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Custom Munsters Topper idea and a few more mods!
« on: April 14, 2019, 07:58:40 AM »
Just sharing some pictures of the topper I put together for the Munsters premium. I didn't want something too colorful, obviously or too tacky. So I just used the 1:18 scale die cast cars you can buy by ERTL. Both the Munsters Koach and the Dragula sit a top of the machine with no permanent modifications at all and they are back lit with green LEDs. I just used the black 1/2" adhesive weather strip foam you can buy at Lowe's for windows. The cars are secured on the back inside, with the back tire in the back only, secured in place . The foam runs the entire length of the car, but you can't see it while standing at the machine. The black really blends in nicely. You can barely see the piece between the cars that hides the corners connector that links the two LED strips behind the cars. If I didn't used the LEDS, you wouldn't see the stripping at all while standing around the machine or when playing it. If I find a better way to run the LEDs, you won't see the foam adhesive at all. I'll work on it. The topper is simple, but very cool, displaying in detail the two iconic cars from this show.

We have all heard this line before, but it does truly look so much better in person.

Other some pics of a few more mods I put in, a dual flashing Dragula car, light Koach, and decals for the bats.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 01:03:53 PM by Creature7 »
Pins: The Munsters Premium, Inter Flip Dragon

Arachnid Galaxy 3.0 Live Commercial Dart Machine

Juke Box: 1959 Seeburg 222 Stereophonic, 1972 Seeburg Marauder SX100, 1981 Rowe AMI R-85 Starlight, 1967 Rock-ola Ultra Model 437

Large Vintage Collection of Tube & Transistor Radios, TV's, 8-tracks and Record Players from the 40's thru the 80's.

Offline hawknole

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • Super Jackpot!
Re: Custom Munsters Topper idea and a few more mods!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 12:00:04 PM »
Dragula!  nice job
Pins: LotR, MBrSE, BoP, IJ...
Arcade:  Retropie

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 02:51:37 PM »
that looks awesome. i love custom toppers, as long as it's not a 4 foot tall dracula lawn decoration.

and you've voided your warranty. ;D   lol, just kidding.

and i have the same mork/mindy toy. 8)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 07:09:39 PM by k7 »
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Offline khabbi

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • "haub-bee"
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 07:08:09 PM »
Nice!!  Love the original Lunchbox also! 
LOOK! Your shoe is untied!