Author Topic: Captain Marvel  (Read 3528 times)

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
Re: Captain Marvel
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2019, 06:50:52 PM »
Yeah, they definitely set that up with the post-credits scene in Avengers 3. I hope they think of a way to handle it well but it doesn't look good. "Lets call in this even-more-powerful-than-the-rest hero character who no one has heard of to save the day!" - feels like they should have introduced Captain Marvel a while back if they're gonna do that, not in-between Avengers 3 & 4.

I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect we've seen the peak of the Marvel movies and it'll be a slow slide down from here. They're gonna have to come up with some good explanations as to why some characters are coming back as-is (Spiderman, Black Panther, others) and some are going away or having new people take on the roles (Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, etc.).

Superhero movies were never going to last forever as "the thing" in movies. There seems to be nothing on the horizon to replace them with though. Star Wars has crapped out. Zombies stopped being a thing quite a while ago. Maybe they'll have to go back to producing new things, and hope they wind up getting a franchise out of that? Yeah, probably not. Mortal Engines probably stung...

We'll have to see how long the superhero train lasts.

I think as long as they can keep the quality up, people will still go. Hopefully Captain Marvel isn't a preview of the quality to come because if they start dropping to that level I can see the genre dying out quickly. It wasn't horrible but it was closer to a DC movie.

Of course a lot hinges on Endgame, with all the hype they better get it right.

Offline RussG

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2019, 06:56:22 PM »
Hey they screwed up the Star wars series they are more than capable of doing ti to Marvel as well if they start this PC BS

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2019, 08:55:27 PM »
Hey they screwed up the Star wars series they are more than capable of doing ti to Marvel as well if they start this PC BS

This is true.. sadly

And the thing is, nobody would care about the random PC/SJW elements thrown in if the films were actually good.

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2019, 09:17:18 PM »
Gimme a stand-alone War Machine movie. Don Cheadle isn't getting any younger.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2019, 09:26:55 PM »
Gimme a stand-alone War Machine movie. Don Cheadle isn't getting any younger.

That's the problem with some of the actors, they are aging out of the roles.

Offline MikeMaynard21

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2019, 11:07:59 AM »
Oof. Boy, this movie was bland.
Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle, Monster Bash LE, Rob Zombie Spookshow LE,The Addams Family, Scared Stiff, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Creature From The Black Lagoon, The Walking Dead (sold),Tales From The Crypt (sold) Twister (sold), Star Trek Next Gen (sold), Black Rose (traded), Riverboat Gambler (sold) X-Files (sold), F-14 Tomcat (sold), Gorgar (traded), Funhouse (traded)

Offline RussG

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2019, 11:11:02 PM »
No one's going to mention the Space Invaders pin or the Centipede or XMen vs Street Fighter in the movie?

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2019, 11:28:19 PM »
No one's going to mention the Space Invaders pin or the Centipede or XMen vs Street Fighter in the movie?

The Street Fighter had an LCD despite the movie being set in 1995.

Hate that sort of thing. :)

Offline RussG

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2019, 12:48:43 AM »
Well remember late 80's and early 90's Epcot showcased LCD thin panel computers and screens in every home before they were created in the ride Spaceship Earth.  😜

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2019, 01:06:54 AM »
Well remember late 80's and early 90's Epcot showcased LCD thin panel computers and screens in every home before they were created in the ride Spaceship Earth.  😜

Yeah and you had LCDs in laptops of course but the refresh rate was atrocious. :P

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2019, 03:07:38 PM »

I can understand the Space Invaders tie in, but no Gorf in a movie with galactic invaders is sacrilege! Bastard space cadets!

Offline TheBatman

• Batman
  • (secret identity Jsgtrman, don't tell anyone!)
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2019, 03:09:40 PM »
A few more things. A few more things.. I wasn't even sure of what all her powers were? Could she or could she not fly or just kind of fly?, and I guess she's Invincible since she can fall out of the sky and hit the ground and not die but aside from shooting lasers out of her hands a lot of it wasn't clear.

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2019, 06:04:04 PM »

In 2001: A Space Odyssey, all the computers have flat-screens w/ high resolution graphics - faked with rear projection.

Then in the 2010 movie they're back to CRTs that look like they're running off a Commodore 64.

Offline HFK

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2019, 07:45:33 PM »
A few more things. A few more things.. I wasn't even sure of what all her powers were? Could she or could she not fly or just kind of fly?, and I guess she's Invincible since she can fall out of the sky and hit the ground and not die but aside from shooting lasers out of her hands a lot of it wasn't clear.

She didn't know either and was just discovering what she could do at the end of the movie.

Offline RussG

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2019, 11:39:47 PM »
Captain Marvel's greatest assets were her (o)(o)

Damn they were nice.