Author Topic: Car auction Saturday in West Palm  (Read 2373 times)

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
Re: Car auction Saturday in West Palm
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2019, 11:01:47 PM »
rumors are that he passed away. other folks have stated for decades that he would not sell anything.  :)  he loved cars, but this location was just weird...to see these all sit outside and rot. it was easy to spot from drive bys.

he owned moroso raceway prior to 1981, and ran a fort lauderdale auction house in the last 10 years. i'll find out more tomorrow, being nosey. :P

this is the second car auction with his name attached to it...the other one was late 2018.

the building housed waste management in 2003. i wanted a mr. peanut that i saw inside:

WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline Turboderf

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2019, 12:32:42 PM »
I went by this morning that stuff is in very rough shape if you needed part for a project and it was really HOT out there
Pins: ~ Aero Smith Pro ~ Revenge From Mars ~ Walking Dead Pro ~ Star Trek Pro ~ Flintstone ~ Gilligan's Island ~ No Fear ~ Junk Yard ~ Fish Tales ~ Monopoly ~ 4 Sale Satin Doll ~

4 Sale Pin: ? Stain Doll

Past Pins: Road Kings ~ 8 Ball - Shaq Attaq ~ World Challenge Soccer ~ Tales from the Crypt ~ World Cup Soccer 94 ~ Pinball Pool ~ F-14 ~
Black Water 100 ~ Rawhide ~ Stardust ~ Elvira and The Party Monster ~ Spider Man ~

Arcade: Arcade Legends ~
 Custom Built Multicade 60-1 ~

Past: 3 Slots: Gamera - Big Chance - Snow King

Offline dug

• Show Organizer
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2019, 01:21:39 PM »
My checked sold for $1500 - I can't really see the condition but that might a good deal for someone.  If I remember correctly I sold it to this guy for around $4,600 and he also paid to get it shipped to south Florida. 
WTB: Eight Ball Deluxe, The Getaway - HSII, Qbert,

Jacksonville Arcade Expo - www.jaxarcadex.com

How come you never see the headline “Psychic Wins Lottery”?

Offline k7

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2019, 03:57:58 PM »
My checked sold for $1500 - I can't really see the condition but that might a good deal for someone.  If I remember correctly I sold it to this guy for around $4,600 and he also paid to get it shipped to south Florida.

he had a $15,000 price tag on it. :P i have a video of your checker as it was auctioned off, below.

it's rusted out...everywhere. the hood was flexing, and it wasnt' popped...this is dug's car...i'll be posting more of the horror stories in follow up posts below.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 04:04:17 PM by k7 »

Offline k7

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2019, 04:12:17 PM »

« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 04:15:40 PM by k7 »

Offline k7

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2019, 04:18:54 PM »
this 944 turbo porsche sold for $4950., plus 20% buyers premium and 7% sales tax. no title, no key, parts if you're lucky. it showed 125xxx miles on the clock. dilapidated. i have a running 944 for $3000 currently for sale. 101,000 miles. :P

« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 04:23:45 PM by k7 »

Offline k7

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2019, 04:20:08 PM »
this ranchero was announced as 14,000 original miles...superauctions is back, folks!

how i felt about the event:

« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 06:03:06 PM by k7 »

Offline 0geist0

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2019, 05:01:40 PM »
Those clock face gas pumps are cool.
Pins, Stern Star trek Pro. Stern Mandalorian Premium, Stern Godzilla Pro.

WTB A small island
FS  My bad Ideas

Offline dug

• Show Organizer
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2019, 05:55:22 PM »
The pictures of the checker are depressing and sad.  There was just a little bit of rust when I sold it and now the rocker panels are just about gone.  There was a window gasket that was bad on the back window and I see it was never replaced as it looks like there is a ton of rust just below the window.  The interior looks like it was getting a lot of water/moisture with all of the rust on & corrosion on interior pieces. 

Big thanks for the pictures K7 - I don't feel as bad passing on it now and think $1500, with buyers premium, shipping, etc. is probably not a bad price for whoever got it.   

Offline k7

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2019, 05:56:50 PM »
results: https://www.proxibid.com/Toby-Neverett-Auctioneers-Inc/Dave-Rupp-s-Private-Rat-Collection/event-catalog/161979?srch=&srchloc=true

dug's car sold on the internet. at 18% internet premium, 20% buyer's premium, 7% tax. :)

the winner? $54,000 for this renault:

Offline k7

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2019, 06:00:27 PM »
The pictures of the checker are depressing and sad.  There was just a little bit of rust when I sold it and now the rocker panels are just about gone.  There was a window gasket that was bad on the back window and I see it was never replaced as it looks like there is a ton of rust just below the window.  The interior looks like it was getting a lot of water/moisture with all of the rust on & corrosion on interior pieces. 

Big thanks for the pictures K7 - I don't feel as bad passing on it now and think $1500, with buyers premium, shipping, etc. is probably not a bad price for whoever got it.   

i don't know where your car sat since you moved it on, but it's rusted out worst than pictures...you can see how much rust dropped just from them moving it to the sale location.

i remember when you put it on the village. it was not this car, condition wise...

it's rusted thru underneath as well...no maintenance. the auctioneer said it run, but they "lost" the keys...

the 1957 chevy was worst. that car had a near mint redone interior...i think the outside was restored, and now look at it:

« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 06:03:42 PM by k7 »

Offline dug

• Show Organizer
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2019, 10:03:07 PM »
i don't know where your car sat since you moved it on, but it's rusted out worst than pictures...you can see how much rust dropped just from them moving it to the sale location.

i remember when you put it on the village. it was not this car, condition wise...

it's rusted thru underneath as well...no maintenance. the auctioneer said it run, but they "lost" the keys...

I actually had an extra set of keys around here for the longest time and always meant to send them down but never did.  I think I finally threw them out a little while ago.

How did the beetle look?

Offline k7

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2019, 09:40:13 AM »
How did the beetle look?

a lot worse than 4 years ago. :)

the driver's door doesn't close, the hinges points have rusted out. the interior is still useable, but a lot of exposure to weather.

the engine was still there.

a lot more rust than when i first saw it. but they wiped it down, clearly. didn't clean it, just ...windex? lol. don't know why

I actually had an extra set of keys around here for the longest time and always meant to send them down but never did.  I think I finally threw them out a little while ago.

the keys are in the ignition in my pic...they're in that car somewhere.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 09:43:35 AM by k7 »

Offline Sid

• @!#?@!
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2019, 11:22:18 AM »
Wow.  Thanks k7.  There are a few cars there that need to be saved but most look like junk or parts.  What a sad demise for some truly awesome cars.  :(
C.B.B.B.M. @!#?@!

Phil.

Offline k7

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2019, 11:34:23 AM »
even the ones in the pics that look saveable. well, my opinion...they were not saveable. :) i think it was a $54,000 title and vin number for that renault. then build 1 from the ground up.

the bmw, the corvette...good deals.  the rest? the actual rust is rusting out.

remember, all those cars in the original lineup have been buried in the woods/overgrown brush since 2004ish. when i was out there in 2015, i saw a bumper gleam or 2. had no ideas what
was sitting under all the foilage.

dug's poor checker was pooping rust. i could flex the front of the hood an inch, and it was still locked.

i closed the engine lid a bit too quickly on the vw. parts fell out of it.

i'm sure some are going to get towed and put right on eBay. whoever tackles any project, wow.