Author Topic: Robert Pattinson to Play ‘The Batman’  (Read 85 times)

Offline Miracleman

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Robert Pattinson to Play ‘The Batman’
« on: May 17, 2019, 06:48:35 PM »
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/robert-pattinson-batman-matt-reeves-bruce-wayne-dc-comics-1203125473/

Pattinson is actually a good actor. He was great in the recent GOOD TIME, even though the movie was meh. His best work was in the Aussie Guy Pearce flick THE ROVER, I literally didn't recognize Pattinson in it until the end credits. Just don't watch the just released HIGH LIFE sci-fi film with him, it's unbearable.

Offline RussG

• Level 8: Psi Corps
Re: Robert Pattinson to Play ‘The Batman’
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 08:52:34 PM »
I personally think this is a bad choice but I guess I could be proven wrong.

Robert is a good actor in some things like City of Z where he also was unrecognizable.

We'll see but I still see it as a bad choice.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 01:00:11 AM »
Michael Keaton was a head scratcher when you first heard it, then you realized he could bring a level of crazy to the role and it might work (it did).

I'm still scratching my head on this one.

I actually thought Ben Afflek did an OK job in the role but of course the writing on all the DC movies was 'orrible.

Not sure what to think about this.

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
  • Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 04:47:58 PM »
D.C. could go with someone relatively unknown, who'd be eager to get the part and happily sign on to be Batman for multiple movies, or they could back up a dump truck full of money to a well-known actor...

Interesting that they went with option B. They don't seem to understand that people are going to see Batman in a Batman movie, not whatever actor happens to be playing him.

I think Pattenson can do it, from what little I've seen of him, but it's not really up to him whether the movie is any good or not.