Author Topic: Boxing fans?  (Read 162 times)

Offline sinistar71

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • Nice day for something....
Boxing fans?
« on: June 02, 2019, 02:09:04 PM »
Any boxing fans here? Great heavyweight upset last night as Andy Ruiz Jr( last minute replacement) knocked out Anthony Joshua to win the Heavyweight title belts.
If you are unfamiliar with Ruiz go watch the highlights on youtube, he is half a foot shorter than Joshua and looks like the Pillsbury Dough Boy but he was fast and tough and knocked Joshua down 4 times en route to the TKO. First Mexican born heavyweight champion in history.
Heavyweight boxing is more interesting  than it has been in the last twenty years, been some good fights lately!
-GhostbustersPro-Pin*Bot- MetallicaPro- Aerosmith Pro- Slugfest-High Speed-Maiden Pro- Choad Kings
Cosmic Alien, Spectrum Dart Star, 1930s Gottlieb grip tester,  Fortune penny scale, WIK Gold air hockey, Silver Dollar Saloon mechanical gun game

Offline k7

• Level 10: Timelord
Re: Boxing fans?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 06:40:41 PM »
boxing is interesting, when the judges are not involved, and floyd mayweather is not involved, and they don't hug after round 3 until round 12.
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Offline tufnel1530

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 09:02:53 PM »
I missed that news... thats heavyweight boxing.

When they land a punch anyone can knock anyone out.. those dudes are huge.

George forman was a old man, fat and slow as shit but still knocked people out.

Anthony Joshua would have gotten his ass kicked by Wilder anyways, would have been fun to see though.

Offline sinistar71

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
  • Nice day for something....
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 01:39:26 PM »
Yeah George was a favorite of mine during his comeback. When he knocked out Michael Moorer to become heavyweight champion in the 90s  I jumped up off the couch and twisted my ankle and had to limp around for a week. Big fan of old Butterbean too, something about seeing an overweight everyman knock out some musclehead thats really cool. And yeah I agree Wilder would knock out Joshua, after watching highlights of Joshuas last few fights he seems kinda limited with a questionable chin. Supposedly he was knocked out during sparring while training for the Ruiz Jr fight too.
-GhostbustersPro-Pin*Bot- MetallicaPro- Aerosmith Pro- Slugfest-High Speed-Maiden Pro- Choad Kings
Cosmic Alien, Spectrum Dart Star, 1930s Gottlieb grip tester,  Fortune penny scale, WIK Gold air hockey, Silver Dollar Saloon mechanical gun game