Author Topic: The Addams Family - ROMs  (Read 456 times)

Offline WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • It's showtime!
The Addams Family - ROMs
« on: June 12, 2019, 09:30:08 AM »
I have Gold ROMs and my TAF and I'm not a big fan of how much it changes the gameplay.

Does anyone out there want to trade?

Offline shavenyak

• Level 1: Arrival
Re: The Addams Family - ROMs
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 09:46:34 AM »
What's the difference between the two and why don't you like the gold?
WANTED: Sinistar, Disks of Tron, Gunsmoke, Altered Beast / Shinobi / Sega 16 cab, Tutankham, Tetris, Space Ace, Punch Out, Frogger, Centipede

Pinball:  Guns N Roses, Addams Family, Halloween

Offline stf

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 09:52:39 AM »
The "cousin it" hide out makes the scoring a little random. The "3 million" window gives you another window.
I think that's pretty much the only gameplay differences.
I like the gold rom because it has more call out, but i understand a purist should prefer the classic one.

Offline DK

• Level 10: Timelord
  • Account retired
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 10:53:16 AM »
Gold ROMs aren’t consistent to tournament play imo

Offline WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

• Level 8: Psi Corps
  • It's showtime!
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 11:00:18 AM »
The "cousin it" hide out makes the scoring a little random. The "3 million" window gives you another window.
I think that's pretty much the only gameplay differences.
I like the gold rom because it has more call out, but i understand a purist should prefer the classic one.

I'm not a purist, but the the rule changes can be a little ridiculous, especially when playing with others.

http://pinball.org/rules/addamsfamilygold.html
Most people are more than likely familiar with the original version of TAF. In the interest of completeness, though, this will be a guide to the entire game. This section briefly describes the differences between the old TAF and TAFG.

Cousin It's Hideout
Some rooms in the mansion (it's always random) contain belongings of Cousin It. Depending on what you find, you are given an award of some sort. For full details, see the section following the Mansion description.

Super Seance
There seems to be about a 50% chance than any given time you shoot the Seance Mansion award, you will get a Super Seance instead. See the description in the Mansion section.

3M
The 3M and 6M awards are NOT attached any more. However, the 3M will give you another room. See the 3M under the Mansion secion.

Multiball
A couples changes in Multiball rules: The starting jackpot for Multiball now varies, and Dirty Pool during Multiball will award a Super Jackpot and leave it lit. See the Multiball section.

Locked balls
Any balls that were locked for Multiball are kicked out of the Swamp automatically at the end of the game now. It is adjustable, but this is the default behavior.

Extra ball buyin
There is one on TAFG. It can be set to allow anywhere from 0-99 buyins, and it doesn't matter how many you use because you'll be able to get on the high score chart regardless.

Quotes
There's a load of new quotes in TAFG. Some are more understandable than others, though. They don't have any impact on gameplay, it's just that some of them are pretty cool. :)

While there are additional callouts, a lot seem to be lower quality/muffled and don't align as well.

Gold ROMs aren’t consistent to tournament play imo
Agreed.

Offline MikeMaynard21

• Level 6: Knight Industries
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 03:04:39 PM »
They really don't add anything to the game.
Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle, Monster Bash LE, Rob Zombie Spookshow LE,The Addams Family, Scared Stiff, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Creature From The Black Lagoon, The Walking Dead (sold),Tales From The Crypt (sold) Twister (sold), Star Trek Next Gen (sold), Black Rose (traded), Riverboat Gambler (sold) X-Files (sold), F-14 Tomcat (sold), Gorgar (traded), Funhouse (traded)