Author Topic: Good Omens  (Read 52 times)

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
  • Level 9: Grid Champion
Good Omens
« on: June 12, 2019, 05:14:26 AM »
The first episode of Good Omens is quite well done. It's a comedy about the biblical apocalypse. Son of Satan, hellhounds, that sort of thing.

It's also in that sweet spot where I read the book, but it was long enough ago that I remember very little of it, other than basic plot points and that I enjoyed it. It's a collaboration between the late Terry Pratchett and Niel Gaiman.

It's on Amazon Prime (and therefore it's out everywhere if you don't have Prime), and all episodes are out, only 6 total. Pretty sure it's a one-and-done series too, since there was only one book.

Good cast. Many well-known actors. David Tennant plays the main demon and is suitably over the top with it.

I'll definitely watch the rest.

Got to get to the somewhat-similar American Gods season 2 as well, another Neil Gaiman adaptation. Season 1 was decent, though not amazing IMO.

Offline stf

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
Re: Good Omens
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 09:48:05 AM »
Good Omens is my fav book ever. So let's add this one to the watching list! Thanks for the tip

Offline MikeMaynard21

• Level 6: Knight Industries
Re: Good Omens
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 03:02:27 PM »
It was really enjoyable to watch. It did leave hints for a second season.
Monster Bash LE, Rob Zombie Spookshow LE,The Addams Family, Scared Stiff, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Creature From The Black Lagoon, The Walking Dead (sold),Tales From The Crypt (sold) Twister (sold), Star Trek Next Gen (sold), Black Rose (traded), Riverboat Gambler (sold) X-Files (sold), F-14 Tomcat (sold), Gorgar (traded), Funhouse (traded)