Author Topic: The shit we had to put up with in the 80s  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
  • Level 9: Grid Champion
The shit we had to put up with in the 80s
« on: June 26, 2019, 06:01:48 PM »

I was watching... I think it was a Game Grumps video, and someone mentioned "Baby, that dinosaur movie from the 80s" - and BAM inside my head "Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend" - it's a weird sensation to have a memory that hasn't been accessed in 35 years jogged like that; dammit brain, why are you holding on to that information?

They must have advertised the hell out of this one, I remember it so clearly - and part of that memory is "I don't want to see that; the dinosaurs look like crap."
I probably saw a ton of TV ads for it then never thought about it again after those stopped airing.

What I didn't remember is that it starred the Greatest American Hero, and Sean Young (though I wouldn't have known who she was as a kid), and hey, look who the villain is...

« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 09:12:37 PM by Niloc »

Offline FUNWIZ

• Level 10: Timelord
Re: The shit we had to put up with in the 80s
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 07:23:48 PM »
This will take you further back in time

Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline Niloc

• Original Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 07:40:50 PM »
Looks like that one was a few years after "Baby". Never saw "Denver the Last Dinosaur" though.

Those transforming robot toys have a cartoon, G.I. Joe has a cartoon, why the fuck doesn't our toy have a cartoon!?!

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 07:57:01 PM »
What I didn't remember is that it starred the Greatest American Hero, and Sean Young (though I wouldn't have know who she was as a kid), and hey, look who the villain is...

Come on now, Patrick McGoohan had to eat.

Offline dark_lord

• Level 1: Arrival
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 10:54:04 AM »
I immediately remembered my childhood. It was very cool. It is a pity that time does not return. As I was only able to watch as a child.

Offline RussG

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 11:42:03 AM »
I immediately remembered my childhood. It was very cool. It is a pity that time does not return. As I was only able to watch as a child.

+1   ;)