Author Topic: Just a friendly reminder tonight is our Last tournament for 2019  (Read 278 times)

Offline kawikid

• Level 9: Grid Champion
Just a friendly reminder tonight is our Last tournament for 2019
« on: December 11, 2019, 10:20:15 AM »
All welcome as always to our final flip frenzy of the year. We have 40 games set up to play and entry is only $5 with 100% payout to top 4.
Pins-  AC/DC PREM, METEOR, MONSTER BASH, FLIGHT 2000 , TEAM ONE, CAPTAIN CARD, SPACE SHUTTLE, ATTACK FROM MARS, ABRA, 2001, ATLANTIS, BON VOYAGE, TARGET POOL, JACKS OPEN, KINGS AND QUEENS,  POP A CARD, BANK A BALL, PIN BOT, SWORDS OF FURY, JOKER POKER, STARS, GAME OF THRONES, KISS.

Offline NormaJ

• Level 6: Knight Industries
Re: Just a friendly reminder tonight is our Last tournament for 2019
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 01:00:40 AM »
A special night that almost didn't happen! Players arrived to a totally unexpected scene. The night was double-booked! A private party was in full swing at the Dudes, and those people didn't look ready to go home anytime soon.

After a quick consultation with Kawikid, it looked like we would have to cancel, and I actually called Sebastian first to break the bad news, then Ron. But that's when the holiday magic happened!

When Ron heard me say were going to cancel, he came through again for the Dudes and spontaneously offered the Beast's Lair as an impromptu substitute venue! We rallied the players waiting outside the Dudes, and it was game on again at Ron's!

Some of the Wednesday night players hadn't attended Ron's October party, so we formed a little convoy and led them down the streets of town right to Ron's house. ("Hi honey, I'm bringing over 18 of my friends for pinball and pizza!") In no time, we were all at his garage door.

Away to the pinballs I flew like a flash, powering them on and keying them in to MatchPlay. Players got about 20 minutes of quick practice, then we kicked off the regular Flip Frenzy event. The games were in great shape, as always, and folks played their hearts out for their final weeknight of fun in 2019.

And it wouldn't be Flip Frenzy without pizza, so Ron ordered a stack of pies so the competitors wouldn't go hungry. Plus there were pretzels and cookies and plenty of beverages for all ages.

The Finals featured another Dudes first: Sebastian Bobbio became the first player to sweep the Finals, scoring perhaps the last of his many victories this year. Our host took second, followed by Phil Cugliotta and Vince Gelormine.

Without Ron Donohue none of this would have been possible. He is truly a friend to pinballers one and all, and thank you once again for being there for the Florida Tournament Players and especially the Dudes!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 01:03:20 AM by NormaJ »

Offline pinballcorpse

• Level 10: Timelord
  • Join the Dark Side: Play Tournament Pinball
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 07:08:12 AM »
Incredible story!

Yes, Ron D. is a tremendous asset to the Florida community. 😀

“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend

Offline Marcel G

• Show Organizer
  • Level 6: Knight Industries
  • APE Man
    • Pinwerks
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 08:49:39 AM »
Ron is da man
HB SoF Xenon Vector Pacman MonacoGP StarRider

I do repairs onsite, EM or SS, pin or video. Hit me up.

Offline sebacoqui

• Level 3: Hologram
  • everybody knows
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 12:32:04 PM »
Was a great night, thanks Ron again !!!!!
EBD, BK, Superman, Pinball Magic, TWD, Fireball '72, GoT , Amazing Spiderman , Frontier, hulk, IM,JP

Offline k7

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 09:58:11 PM »
Ron, awesome gesture to fix a weird scenario. Thank you. :)
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Offline ibis

• Show Organizer
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2019, 05:19:09 PM »
Rons a good egg, salt of the earth and a fine connoisseur of quality whisky, once again he saved the day!