Author Topic: Neo Geo Pocket Color?  (Read 255 times)

Offline zenbone

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • The T-Shirt Guy
Neo Geo Pocket Color?
« on: September 26, 2019, 04:57:56 PM »
anyone here have any experience with a Neo Geo Pocket? i was watching some videos and thought it looked kinda cool
i do not have any Neo Geo stuff at all in my ever growing gaming piles.

Offline number six

• SysOp
  • Administrator
  • Level 10: Timelord
Re: Neo Geo Pocket Color?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 12:12:05 AM »
anyone here have any experience with a Neo Geo Pocket? i was watching some videos and thought it looked kinda cool
i do not have any Neo Geo stuff at all in my ever growing gaming piles.

NGPC was a great system. Probably my favorite of the not-a-gameboy systems released in the 90s. Great hardware, nice graphics and some fun games. Downside? No backlight which like all systems of that nature makes it a bitch to use in some lighting scenarios. There are LED plug-in options for it (just like the GB-Lite on the Gameboy).

Big downer? Games are pricey these days as they are uncommon. When the system was declared dead the holdings company that bought SNK recalled all NGPC games in North America and had them shipped back to Japan for distribution in asian countries making the games even scarcer. The last few english releases were only released in Europe but there is no region lock out if you can find them.

I believe there is a SD cart option for it these days which would make things easier.