Author Topic: WHAT SIZE [LENGTH] FUSES?  (Read 129 times)

Offline weeze

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • 3 Inch Flippers are for the Sight Impaired!
WHAT SIZE [LENGTH] FUSES?
« on: October 09, 2019, 06:42:48 PM »
 I THINK THE REGULAR SIZE FUSES USED IN PINBALL MACHINES ARE PRETTY MUCH ALL 30MM IS THIS CORRECT?
  What about 20 mm in length fuses? Are these used a lot in electronics I would think and what about Video games?
 I bought some fuses that were 20mm on length and they were being purchased for my stock. They are NOT the ones I wanted.
So let me know out there in pinball land!!!!!
Thanks
Weeze

Current Pins and Stuff: Fire!, Walking Dead "kill them walkers, yeah ", Hurdy Gurdy, Batter Up, Flipper Pool, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, the totally awesome and historic,"CANDY APPLE" RED Astro, which I'll trade for a "Kings & Queens".    
 Bally 873 slot machine
 Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Games come thru here all the time!
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, slots, firearms and assorted other stuff.
 WTB: A decent KINGS & QUEENS with a GOOD playfield.

Offline FUNWIZ

• Level 10: Timelord
Re: WHAT SIZE [LENGTH] FUSES?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 06:45:18 PM »
Did you get an assortment kit or just individual five pack fuses? Need to know what the ratings are so maybe somebody can find a use for them.
Pins: Allied Leisure, Astro Games, Atari, Bally, Bell Games, Chicago Coin, Data East, Game Plan, Gottlieb, JJP, Midway, Mr Game, Mylstar, Nuova Bell, Premier, Sega, Sterns, Williams, Zaccaria. Jukes: AMI, NSM, Rock-Ola, Rowe, Seeburg. Vids: Atari, Capcom, Data East, Exidy, Gottlieb, Midway, Namco, Nintendo, Sega, Sente, Stern, Taito, Universal, Williams.

Offline weeze

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 07:09:27 PM »
I am gonna try and link the ebay ad.here goes:
Current Pins and Stuff: Fire!, Walking Dead "kill them walkers, yeah ", Hurdy Gurdy, Batter Up, Flipper Pool, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, the totally awesome and historic,"CANDY APPLE" RED Astro, which I'll trade for a "Kings & Queens".    
 Bally 873 slot machine
 Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, slots, firearms and assorted other stuff.

Offline k7

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 08:02:21 PM »
i'll tell you without looking. you have the tales of the arabian night fuses (and similar) mixed in with normal one used in 95% of pinball machines.

i think the tiny ones are 20mm...

resell them. useless for pinball in almost any value, with fast blow configuration...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 08:05:02 PM by k7 »
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Offline weeze

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 08:07:12 PM »
ok so wold there be any use for these 20mm in length fuse kits? maybe to haave for arcades? I mean I have never used these sized fuses in any pin Ive worked on in my span of times with pins......30 mm is the correct size for most pins el correcto facto and on with the show?
Now these 20mm ones, Id like to send them to somebody that can use them ya know? SO do YOU have a use for such critters over there at Klassic Pinball?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 08:12:14 PM by weeze »
 Bally 873 slot machine
 Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.

Offline k7

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 08:12:13 PM »
i wish. ;D

i know WPC-95 uses mostly 4 amp fuses, but i think they are slow blow. never seen a car that uses the 20mm version, or any other pinball machine...

thanks for the offer. the Klassic garage loves parts.

but alas. that's why they were 2 dollah, 80 cents...lol.
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

Offline weeze

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 08:14:04 PM »
Ok, well now that I know they are useless maybe Ill dump the fuses out and use the case for a travelling supply kit of the correct sized fuses for pins.
 Thanks everybody, appreciate the info.
 Bally 873 slot machine
 Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.

Offline lutesaware

• Level 3: Hologram
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2019, 07:19:17 AM »
Hey Weeze, Don't feel bad. I did the same thing on Amazon, not paying any attention to the length.  I think I'll dump them too, and take that stack of 5-pack fuses I have and put them in the nice plastic hinge-lid container.  LOL.

Tom
Tom

Offline weeze

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2019, 08:32:14 AM »
thats exactly my thinking. All i was trying to buy was a specific fuse that I was really low on when I tripped cross these kits and I figgerred what the heck,
  I dont need any size at all now cuz Im stocked up.
ah well just proves Im not paying close enough attention
 Bally 873 slot machine
 Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.

Offline weeze

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2019, 01:25:23 PM »
BUT, I do want to make clear that if anyone here has some sort of use for these fuses I sure would like to send them your way, We can do a BIG trade, all I want is a Diet Dr.Pepper when we meet and if we never do then you dont have to pay and besides I dont really expect a diet dr pepper and............
 I just dont want to throw them out so they are YOURS FOR THE COST OF THE POSTAGE or maybe Ill just give the to you, anyone , here, anyones friend need these?

Bally 873 slot machine
 Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.

Offline hawknole

• Level 3: Hologram
  • Super Jackpot!
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2019, 10:10:08 AM »
The GI OCD board uses those short (20mm) fast blow fuses.  GI OCD is to help with ghosting on certain pins GI.  I still think you can toss them.
Pins: ST, AFMrLE, MBrSE, BSD, LOTR

Offline weeze

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2019, 12:12:26 PM »
Well gee Hawk COME ON DOWN! You can pick these up and Ill trade them for the 2 minutes of your time to get the error "switch 22" ,"UR Bank Bottom" which I think is the bottom left slingshot switch needs gapping.
But instead of leaving it up to me that can screw up anything when it comes to these fancy el LECT ron ICK devices Ill let you, my good friend and fellow pinballer to smarten up the chump{ME}!
 Bally 873 slot machine
 Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.