Author Topic: A Tale of Two Fingers  (Read 2242 times)

Offline Yosho

• Original Member
  • Level 7: Khaaaan!
A Tale of Two Fingers
« on: October 18, 2019, 01:10:04 PM »

Offline pinballcorpse

• Level 10: Timelord
  • Join the Dark Side: Play Tournament Pinball
Re: A Tale of Two Fingers
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 06:29:52 PM »
Not defending either action; however, I would say that being face to face within the President's *personal space* and pointing is quite different than standing across a board room table and pointing to the President. 

“Winning (contests) isn’t the word. I won it once. The rest of the time you’re just defending” -Rodney Mullen, skateboarding legend

Offline k7

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 06:36:28 PM »
i've got a finger for politics. it's not this one:

WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline Yosho

• Original Member
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 02:08:48 AM »
Not defending either action; however, I would say that being face to face within the President's *personal space* and pointing is quite different than standing across a board room table and pointing to the President.

That’s a good point, and I agree, but I don’t think that was their main objection.  To me, it’s more about the hypocrisy and scripted “propaganda like” coverage.

Offline Mamushka

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 08:42:56 AM »

I'm torn on what one was more disrespectful. Clearly putting your finger in someones face is more disrespectful than doing it from several feet away. But doing it in in a formal meeting surrounded by your peers and higher tops doing it on a more personal basis. The takeaway is the press, once again, spins both stories to their narrative.

Pins: TAF, FG (not the Ah-Haaa one), SM, FH, LOTR. NGG
Past Pins: SM, IJ, STTNG x2, WH2O x3, CFTBL, NGG, ES, MB, TFTC, LW3, TZ, SS, BG, LOTR, Monopoly couple of EM's
Other (AKA Vids): Cocktail MAME

Offline Don Panetta aka 404

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2019, 09:12:33 AM »
Are we debating finger pointing in politics?

this thread is dumb

Offline Mamushka

• Level 9: Grid Champion
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2019, 07:38:57 PM »

this thread is dumb

No, it is showing yet another example of the mainstream media having an agenda and why they have no credibility. I showed my kids (10 & 14) this video while explaining pinballcorpse's point of view. I want to raise kids that think, I don't want them to believe everything "the news" claims without question. In fact, we were just talking to the 14 year old about the hysteria that surrounded Y2K and how the press was predicting everything from the banks losing all your money to planes falling from the sky. Was there some pretty big issues with Y2K? Yes, I think there was, but there was a ton of work done and essentially there were no problems after it passed. But stating that things would probably be OK would have dropped viewership, dropping revenue.

So because I used this post as a teaching moment, no, I do not think this post was "dumb".
Pins: TAF, FG (not the Ah-Haaa one), SM, FH, LOTR. NGG
Past Pins: SM, IJ, STTNG x2, WH2O x3, CFTBL, NGG, ES, MB, TFTC, LW3, TZ, SS, BG, LOTR, Monopoly couple of EM's
Other (AKA Vids): Cocktail MAME

Offline mcluvin

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2019, 06:36:56 PM »

this thread is dumb

I agree with Don.  Yeah, I said it. This thread is the “Stupid Republican” equivalent of sticking your head in the sand.

Offline kbvette

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2019, 06:41:47 PM »
No, it is showing yet another example of the mainstream media having an agenda and why they have no credibility. I showed my kids (10 & 14) this video while explaining pinballcorpse's point of view. I want to raise kids that think, I don't want them to believe everything "the news" claims without question. In fact, we were just talking to the 14 year old about the hysteria that surrounded Y2K and how the press was predicting everything from the banks losing all your money to planes falling from the sky. Was there some pretty big issues with Y2K? Yes, I think there was, but there was a ton of work done and essentially there were no problems after it passed. But stating that things would probably be OK would have dropped viewership, dropping revenue.

So because I used this post as a teaching moment, no, I do not think this post was "dumb".
    10 and 14 too young to be involved in politics,they  have enough on their plate...raging hormones,zits,growing pains etc.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 06:45:21 PM by kbvette »
Pins Fish Tales,XMEN LE,DM,Iron Man,Corvette,

Offline k7

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2019, 06:57:17 PM »
no one reads the facts. nancy pelosi was ordering subs, and asked "for you, donald?"

it's clear as day.
WTB:  HotDoggin'
              ...seriously, would grab one. thanks.

Offline kbvette

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2019, 07:09:37 PM »
no one reads the facts. nancy pelosi was ordering subs, and asked "for you, donald?"

it's clear as day.
     Trump ordered the pussy grabber special,w/ Russian dressing....hold the morals and integrity
Pins Fish Tales,XMEN LE,DM,Iron Man,Corvette,

Offline Don Panetta aka 404

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2019, 02:45:57 PM »
     Trump ordered the pussy grabber special,w/ Russian dressing....hold the morals and integrity

From Pelosi?

Because that would be a definitely impeachable offense in my book...

Offline mcluvin

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2019, 05:28:29 PM »
How about this finger?  That's an odd finger to fix your hair with and not the first time he has pulled that shit.  What a disgrace...

Offline 0geist0

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2019, 06:11:56 PM »
How about this
Pins, Stern Star trek Pro. Stern Mandalorian Premium, Stern Godzilla Pro.

WTB A small island
FS  My bad Ideas

Offline mcluvin

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2019, 03:56:36 PM »
How about this

I'd have to know the context or if it's even real.  Is there a video?  Is he flipping off astronauts he should be honoring or some jackass questioning his birth certificate?