Author Topic: Firepower restoration help / playfield swap  (Read 300 times)

Offline NorthPortFL-Pinball

• Level 1: Arrival
Firepower restoration help / playfield swap
« on: October 23, 2019, 06:42:25 PM »
Hello,

I have a Williams Firepower that I have owned since 1988. I purchased a replacement playfield for it from CPR several years ago.  I am looking to have the cabinet painted and the playfield swapped. 

Does anyone know who I can turn to for this type of assistance/service?

Thank you in advance.

Reg
Current Pins: Cyclone, Hurricane, Firepower (our first pinball - We love this pin and want to totally restore it)

Current Projects: Joker Poker

Past pins: Cue Ball Wizard, The Who's Tommy, Jurassic Park, Bay Watch, Gilligan's Island, Night Moves, etc.

Offline weeze

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • "Stay away from the French and sick people"
Re: Firepower restoration help / playfield swap
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 11:13:55 PM »
ever done a swap or a cabinet paint before?
Current Pins and Stuff: Walking Dead "kill them walkers, yeah ", Hurdy Gurdy, Batter Up, Flipper Pool, Mini Pool, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, the totally awesome and historic,"CANDY APPLE" RED Astro..    
 Bally 873 slot machine
 Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Games come thru here all the time!
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, slots, firearms and assorted other stuff.
 WTB: A decent KINGS & QUEENS with a GOOD playfield Also have a AK-47 I would consider trading.

Offline NorthPortFL-Pinball

• Level 1: Arrival
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 03:18:03 PM »
No Weeze,

I have never done a cabinet rebuild/repaint, nor a playfield swap.
Current Pins: Cyclone, Hurricane, Firepower (our first pinball - We love this pin and want to totally restore it)

Current Projects: Joker Poker

Past pins: Cue Ball Wizard, The Who's Tommy, Jurassic Park, Bay Watch, Gilligan's Island, Night Moves, etc.

Offline hawknole

• Level 4: Cobra Kai
  • Super Jackpot!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 03:37:51 PM »
I was just looking at pics of the cabinet art, shouldn’t be terrible to do the cabinet.  I think I know somebody who will loan you a rotisserie for the swap  :)
Pins: LotR, MBrSE, BSD, BoP, IJ, JP Pro
Retropie

Offline weeze

• Level 9: Grid Champion
  • "Stay away from the French and sick people"
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 05:56:22 PM »
 I have a play field rotisserie in my garage. The exact one that was used to complete the absolutely top shelf swap of a DRACULA by one HAWKNOLE so it has been broken in correctly. Plus it was made by one of the best , the one , the only, the BEEPNUTZ! Thats right that right there in my gerage waiting for you to pick up was made by the king of all carpentry within the entire South Eastern Pinballers area. Proud to call him a friend!
 Now as far as advice goes you now are aware that you have a expierienced play field man only a couple miles away in Hawknole, he does everything to the best of his ability so should be a world of help to you in general plus he ikes to play with lights. Lotsa lights!. Must've had a really overly done Christmas tree as a child and it warped him deep down inside to colors like praypal and burgonio. And he stocks all of them!
 I have done about a dozen cabinet paint jobs which you can check out at my crib as I'm also just donwt the road about 3 miles. I like the way they came out, your opinion may differ but I think they are pretty decent.
 So on with the show REG! Lets get the lead out and get that huge game room that has one video and pool table and room for about 37 more pins. Most of us round here would commit murder to get that much room so you know owe it to us to fill it with games. Right? see how I did that?
 Anyway anything I can do to help just ask!
Current Pins and Stuff: Walking Dead "kill them walkers, yeah ", Hurdy Gurdy, Batter Up, Flipper Pool, Mini Pool, North Star, Ice Revue, King of Diamonds,  Flipper Clown, Bow & Arrow, Old Chicago, and the one and only, the totally awesome and historic,"CANDY APPLE" RED Astro..    
 Bally 873 slot machine
 Rowe "Encore" Jukebox.
Games come thru here all the time!
Past Pins: way too many to list. plus a couple of vids, slots, firearms and assorted other stuff.
 WTB: A decent KINGS & QUEENS with a GOOD playfield Also have a AK-47 I would consider trading.