Author Topic: Impeachment popcorn ...  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Don Panetta aka 404

• Level 7: Khaaaan!
Re: Impeachment popcorn ...
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2019, 07:34:36 PM »
I meant sessions as in "a meeting of a deliberative or judicial body to conduct its business," not Jeff Sessions.

It wasn't a trial.  It was an investigation run by the house.  All which were televised this week for all of trump's attorneys (past, president, and in jail) to see.

You're still not giving a reason why Democrats haven't allowed attorneys into their proceedings

Yes.  Once Sonland realized there was evidence he perjured himself, he changed his statement to match the facts.  And if there was another person on the call that had the spine to say "Yes, he held up the payment to get a personal favor," Sonland would have followed suit.
I disagree
See: https://www.britannica.com/topic/circumstantial-evidence
See: https://www.britannica.com/topic/hearsay

Evidence:
The congressional-approved payment was held up by the president. The president asked for a favor to investigate Biden (admitted to by him).  The administration was concerned about why the funding was not released... even started looking into the legality of if.  Ukraine was concerned the funds weren't released and started calling about it.  The whistle blower blew.... and then the funds were magically released.

If not guilty, let Trump testify.  Release the FULL transcript of the call.... not the Trump-edited-and-approved version.

Not sure about the block of conspiracy theory above.  But it really sounds like another "But wait, look over there..."
On another note, Biden's son is NOT running for president.

At the end of the day all of them have proven to be unreliable at best.

- We also know at least one of them has lied on the stand concerning who communicated with who and when. Taylor flat out denies he ever spoke with the other witness.

- Marie Yovanovitch pushed the idea that Russia was behind it all

- Lt. Col. Vindman admitted to modifying his written testimony with words in which he described as "to increase emphasis" and "a great deal of additional information and perspectives have come to light". Normal people call that perjury. Volker's written deposition also said there was no talks between John Bolton and Alex Danylyuk. He would later recant that. Unreliable witness in every possible way.

- Tim Morrison, Alexander Vindman's former boss, testified in his deposition that he had concerns about Vindman's judgment.

- A former co worker of Taylor was also weary of Vindman and relayed to Taylor that she believed Vindman was leaking information to the press. This is shown in Taylor's written deposition.

- Kurt Volker said he never heard anything about an investigation into Burisnma being linked to anyone at the white house wanting an investigation into Burisma. he also called Biden an "Honorable man".

- White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said she saw nothing inappropriate and that all beyond the conjecture of folks like Vindman and Taylor, all of the testimony was accurate.

-  National Security advisor Lt. General Keith Kellogg wrote a written deposition claiming he was in on the call. he said "heard nothing wrong or improper on the call. I had and have no concerns."

Here we are one week later. Trump's overall approval hit 7 points higher in one week and 10% more independents from one week to the next are now calling the impeachment a sham. The senate have announced their own impeachment inquiry with them announcing subpoenas for Adam Schiff and Joe Biden.  :o

Offline mcluvin

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2019, 07:57:17 PM »
In real life, when I encounter someone I think is crazy, I get the f away from them as quickly as possible.  Somehow, on the Internet, I want to debate them.  It is a fool's errand.

Offline Mamushka

• Level 8: Psi Corps
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2019, 09:05:40 PM »
In real life, when I encounter someone I think is crazy...

Time to look in the mirror.

You were convinced Trump was going down due to Russian collusion.
You were convinced Trump was going down if only the government would start a investigation into collusion.
You were convinced Trump was going down if only the government would release the Muller report.
You were convinced Trump was going down if only the government would release the full Muller report.
You were convinced Trump was going down if only the government would investigate a Ukrainian phone call.
And on, and on, and on... :roll:

My most crazy girlfriend was less crazy than that.
Pins: TAF, FG (not the Ah-Haaa one), SM, FH.
Past Pins: IJ, STTNG x2, WH2O x3, CFTBL, NGG, ES, MB, TFTC, LW3, TZ, SS, BG, LOTR, Monopoly couple of EM's
Other (AKA Vids): Cocktail MAME

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2019, 08:58:55 AM »
In real life, when I encounter someone I think is crazy, I get the f away from them as quickly as possible.  Somehow, on the Internet, I want to debate them.  It is a fool's errand.

It's actually easier on the internet because you could just like...not read it....

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2019, 10:12:13 AM »
At the end of the day all of them have proven to be unreliable at best.
*sarcasm* Yes.  You should absolutely believe Trump over them.  They had everything to lose in testifying,  Some went against  WH orders to not testify.  Death threats.  Harassment for the rest of their lives.  Who knows what other repercussions they will have.  Pensions lost, who knows.  They did it for the 15 minutes of fame.

I would SURELY believe Trump over them, as he as proven over and over again to be so truthful and honorable.

WTF is wrong with this picture.
Pins: Iron Maiden, The Addams Family, Simpsons Pinball Party, Fish Tales, Goldeneye, Terminator 2, No Fear
Arcade: Galaga (MAME), Ice Cold Beer, Defender (JROK-multi), Donkey Kong JR

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2019, 02:41:26 PM »
*sarcasm* Yes.  You should absolutely believe Trump over them.  They had everything to lose in testifying,  Some went against  WH orders to not testify.  Death threats.  Harassment for the rest of their lives.  Who knows what other repercussions they will have.  Pensions lost, who knows.  They did it for the 15 minutes of fame.

I would SURELY believe Trump over them, as he as proven over and over again to be so truthful and honorable.

WTF is wrong with this picture.

So you're basically wanting to impeach a president over a handful of people with less than credible records who have a gut feeling because you believe the president is less than credible. Got it.

Offline Baiter

• Level 10: Timelord
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2019, 03:03:54 AM »
What part is intimidating?

How do you intimidate a witness in the middle of her testimony away from the supposed "intimidator"?

Sounds like rhetorical questions.  Did you forget that exact tweet was shown live in the courtroom, during the testimony?

<After Adam Schiff displayed the Tweet in the court room>

"Now the President in real time is attacking you," Schiff said. "What effect do you think that has on other witnesses' willingness to come forward and expose wrongdoing?"

"It's very intimidating," Yovanovitch said.

In other words, it is a consistent pattern of behavior that any witness who testifies against the most powerful man in the world expects to receive payback via public defamation of credibility... and some people can't handle that, which is exactly what The Don is going for.  It is the very definition of intimidation.  "to compel or deter by or as if by threats." 

Former FBI lawyer Lisa Page told the Daily Beast in an interview published Sunday night being the target of President Trump's wrath over the past two years was "like being punched in the gut."

My heart drops to my stomach when I realize he has tweeted about me again. The president of the United States is calling me names to the entire world. He's demeaning me and my career. It’s sickening."

She called Trump's attacks on her "very intimidating because he’s still the president of the United States,"

https://www.axios.com/lisa-page-daily-beast-trump-attacks-sickening-75b83eb4-f5f2-41c9-b817-9a6a7d686c68.html
WTB: Defender, Embryon

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2019, 07:39:53 AM »
So you're basically wanting to impeach a president over a handful of people with less than credible records who have a gut feeling because you believe the president is less than credible. Got it.

Trump lovers will continue to defend, and deflect.  If you think what Trump did was in the best interest of the country, so be it.
Pins: Iron Maiden, The Addams Family, Simpsons Pinball Party, Fish Tales, Goldeneye, Terminator 2, No Fear

Offline Yosho

• Original Member
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2019, 01:24:07 PM »
Sounds like rhetorical questions.  Did you forget that exact tweet was shown live in the courtroom, during the testimony?

It’s anything but a rhetorical question. I’ll ask again since you ignored my first round of questions - How was President Trump’s statement over Twitter any different than if he’d said that same thing to a reporter?  How would she even known during her testimony if Congressman Schiff hadn’t told her?  If Trump’s statement was intimidating (a conclusion I disagree with) then you have to accept that the one who actually relayed the message during her testimony to illicit a negative reaction was the one who actually carried out that intimidation, not Trump.  This is a silly charge, and had no traction or staying power outside of partisans who already hate Trump.

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2019, 08:05:20 PM »
Trump lovers will continue to defend, and deflect.  If you think what Trump did was in the best interest of the country, so be it.

Except I've repeatedly said on here that i didn't vote for Trump and still believe he very well may face impeachment and removal over something credible. So far, this doesn't seem to be it.

This past week during the debate all but 2 democratic candidates said they would put harsher conditions on military aid to Israel. 

Tell me, is this quid pro quo? bribery? Blackmail? Intimidation?

Offline k7

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2019, 08:45:40 PM »
Former FBI lawyer Lisa Page told the Daily Beast in an interview published Sunday night being the target of President Trump's wrath over the past two years was "like being punched in the gut."
My heart drops to my stomach when I realize he has tweeted about me again. The president of the United States is calling me names to the entire world. He's demeaning me and my career. It’s sickening."
She called Trump's attacks on her "very intimidating because he’s still the president of the United States,"
https://www.axios.com/lisa-page-daily-beast-trump-attacks-sickening-75b83eb4-f5f2-41c9-b817-9a6a7d686c68.html

AND

<After Adam Schiff displayed the Tweet in the court room>
"Now the President in real time is attacking you," Schiff said. "What effect do you think that has on other witnesses' willingness to come forward and expose wrongdoing?"
"It's very intimidating," Yovanovitch said.

nothing against baiter. but these 2...lol. it's twitter, you morons. where every axxhole on earth can say what they want in a certain number of characters.

never heard of lisa page before your quote. i watched yokonovanovitch during the hearings.

both examples need to get a grip on life. if trump tweets and they cry about it, or bring it up, they are adding interest AND value to 1000s of goofy azz prizzy tweets. :P

he doesn't even know who either of you are.

i'm not democrat, republican, independent. i'm me. who says, "f*ck every politician that walks the earth".

yet i'll get my son into politics. it's such a lazy and easy way to make money...literally, print your own money.
WTB:  Goin' Nuts (10)              Bigfoot (2)
                Cabin Fever (1)          Nosferatu (10)
                      Richie Rich (1)        Wrath of Olympus (6)

...and basically anything 50% off eBay/painside value

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2019, 10:03:47 PM »

Lisa page was confirmed to be involved in digging up dirt on Trump before the election. To top that off it was revealed last week through DOJ filings that not only was Lisa page having an affair with Peter Strzok but they were privately communicating concerning FBI related classified material using their personal cell phones. A violation of the FBI's security protocols. This information was released to the public in a motion to have Peter Strzok wrongful termination lawsuit against the FBI thrown out. The motion to dismiss the lawsuit was co-filed by Page and Strzok's boss himself. Shortly after being uncovered and fired, Both Page and Strzok wiped their phones. The DOJ is currently attempting to get about 5 months worth of texts they exchanged on their personal phones.

So not only is Lisa page a dumb hoe. She is a dumb hoe that put national security in jeopardy.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/peter-strzoks-wife-discovered-lisa-page-affair-on-his-phone-doj-reveals

Offline Baiter

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2019, 11:30:59 PM »
It’s anything but a rhetorical question. I’ll ask again since you ignored my first round of questions - How was President Trump’s statement over Twitter any different than if he’d said that same thing to a reporter?  How would she even known during her testimony if Congressman Schiff hadn’t told her?  If Trump’s statement was intimidating (a conclusion I disagree with) then you have to accept that the one who actually relayed the message during her testimony to illicit a negative reaction was the one who actually carried out that intimidation, not Trump.  This is a silly charge, and had no traction or staying power outside of partisans who already hate Trump.

It doesn't matter how or where it was said, except that it was done in public and it was done to disparage someone actively testifying about him.  While it's important to note that Trump does behave like this with anyone that doesn't fall in line for him, he's especially active in twitter (and in the media) about those actively investigating or testifying about him, which is the situation here.  It's also a bit naive to assume that because someone brought up the tweet to her that she wouldn't have found out on her own. 

I'm only asserting it's a consistent pattern of behavior that has spanned years, even decades at this point... and hardly debatable.  If your real concern is whether or not it should be a charge, I could care less... there's more important fish to fry.
WTB: Defender, Embryon

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2019, 11:16:50 AM »
so called "constitutional expert" and noted Trump hater Pamela Karlan who has repeatedly donated to the Clintons and Warren takes a shot at Donald Trump's son Barron Trump on the stand. Dems laugh about it.

Offline WannaTheater

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2019, 07:53:09 AM »
takes a shot at Donald Trump's son Barron Trump
Are you kidding me?  She did nothing more than accurately state his name in a sentence.  I didn’t see you post when Trump disparaged greta Thunberg via tweet.

Changing my prior response- He should be impeached because he abused his power for personal gain (conditioned congressionally approved funding and meeting to ukraine unless ukraine published they were investigating Biden).  Also because he does not recognize the checks and balances of our government- he refused, and ordered folks to refuse, to testify in a congressional hearing.  One could say he has systematically obstructed the congressional hearing process.  Key concepts from last two sentences: “abuse of power”,”obstruction”

What was one of the articles of impeachment that Clinton was found guilty of?